What's new

Question Cyrax PC version "nerfed"?

Dreepatz

Noob
I'll copy paste my post from Steam forums which is overflowed with russians spamming random stupid things :D (whole post with title copied)
Cyrax reset not working (fixed-patched) on PC version of the game?
As tittle stated, I'm not sure about that but I was trying to pull off the reset but bomb just didn't wanted to come out before the 2nd net. Decided to look it up on youtube if some1 done it on PC version and ran onto this guy www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IiKu60iKM8 . If link gets blank it's youtube link with watch?v=7IiKu60iKM8 . On 3:38 in description he even wonders if it's patched/balanced. What do you guys think? Any1 pulling Cyrax's reset normaly on PC or? I remember being destroyed by one good Cyrax but not sure if he was reseting or not.

Cheerz!

As you can read, I am noob (first day on forums, never played console versions, only PC) and I mannaged to pull off the reset combo but without last bomb poping out. I hope some of you guys played Cyrax both on consoles and PC so you can help me out.

BGMD

Noob
I pulled a reset couple of times online (123 version in those few matches I played as Cyrax, even morphed as Shang) and to my knowledge there was no patch for PC version at all.

Dreepatz

Noob
Yeah, I thought it came that way... so what do you think is wrong with combo that this dude done on video on 3:38? Same or similar thing happened to me for some strange reason and can't tell why :S

BGMD

Noob
oh, just now I watched the video... I don't know what's wrong with that to be honest... Cyrax is not my main in the slightest so I don't know all of his ins and outs. I'll try to test it a bit later and report if I find something.

BGMD

Noob
from what I can gather from testing and watching the video he was just too late on second bomb... it works fine with my copy

AssassiN

Noob
Isn't the PC version using the Vita patch? To test it, do a Kabal BB3. If it says it hits high, it's the Vita patch.

No, it's literally the console version ported to the PC version. Whatever works on the consoles works on PC.
Cyrax resets work fine for me, keep practicing is all I can say.

TSRPrince

kombat doctor
yea PC works the same. Just need to cancel 121 into close bomb (instead of waiting) and it should work.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
So this is why PL suggested tournaments should be ran on the PC version? #Kappa

Nah but in all seriousness. It's a direct port of the 360 version so it might just be that you just don't have the input down.

Isn't the PC version using the Vita patch? To test it, do a Kabal BB3. If it says it hits high, it's the Vita patch.
It's still low in the Vita version. Why on earth would they make it high?

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
So this is why PL suggested tournaments should be ran on the PC version? #Kappa

Nah but in all seriousness. It's a direct port of the 360 version so it might just be that you just don't have the input down.

It's still low in the Vita version. Why on earth would they make it high?

Wasn't it nerfed into hitting high on the Vita? btw, by "high" I mean Special Low. I was using the MK9 hit level term.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Wasn't it nerfed into hitting high on the Vita? btw, by "high" I mean Special Low. I was using the MK9 hit level term.
Not as far as I remember. I don't have a Vita myself but I was showing someone how to use his NDC mixups (it's actually pretty easy with the Vita D-pad) and they all still worked.

The only thing that changed was the scaling on situational launchers like Jax's F413 in the corner. Which is more to do with NRS being.. NRS.

Wigy

There it is...
Yeah, I thought it came that way... so what do you think is wrong with combo that this dude done on video on 3:38? Same or similar thing happened to me for some strange reason and can't tell why :S

He doesn't string it off 121? that is 100% input error.

Hobozzzx

Up the Irons!!!
At 3:38, the guy waited to long to drop the bomb after 121.

He did 121, bomb instead of 121~bomb.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Not as far as I remember. I don't have a Vita myself but I was showing someone how to use his NDC mixups (it's actually pretty easy with the Vita D-pad) and they all still worked.

The only thing that changed was the scaling on situational launchers like Jax's F413 in the corner. Which is more to do with NRS being.. NRS.

I played on the Vita myself as well. Kabal's Buzzsaw is def a high. Jax, Sindel and Jade got nerfed and Cyrax kept his resets but Smoke can't cancel F4 into Specials anymore.

Sami

Noob
For the love of god why that avatar? Why?!?! It's been years since I remember *that* video existed :'(