What's new

Tech - Cyrax Cyrax Meterless HTB Armor Breaking Setup!

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
Hi guys! CYRAX HAS AWOKEN FROM HIS GRAVE! Cyrax has hard to block-able setups which beat tech roll too and if the opponent doesn't wake-up armor and just blocks. Then they aren't able to escape because it's a hard to block-able!
My video showing an example of a set-up:
This is absolutely phenomenal. I'd like to see if you guys like the tech or not. I'm going to update this into my guide to cyrax!
I hope you guys find more setups like these.
Discuss!
@fr stack (I'm not going to forget to tag you this time lol)
@MadeOfMetal
@scarsunseen
@Reaper
@AirCheezy217
@PND_Mustard
@Harlequin969
@Every cyrax player on the planet.
@JDM
@SkyratiK
@SOULWARRIOR 71K
@Krayzie
@KrayzieCyrax

Last edited:

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Hi guys! CYRAX HAS AWOKEN FROM HIS GRAVE! Cyrax has completely guaranteed hard to block-able setups which beat tech roll too and if the opponent doesn't wake-up armor and just blocks. Then they aren't able to escape because it's a hard to block-able!
My video showing an example of a set-up:
This is absolutely phenomenal. I'd like to see if you guys like the tech or not. I'm going to update this into my guide to cyrax!
I hope you guys find more setups like these.
Discuss!
@fr stack (I'm not going to forget to tag you this time lol)
@MadeOfMetal
@scarsunseen
@Reaper
@AirCheezy217
@PND_Mustard
@Harlequin969
@Every cyrax player on the planet.
@JDM
@SkyratiK
@SOULWARRIOR 71K
@Krayzie
@KrayzieCyrax
not by console at mo, what happens if they dont tech roll or delayed wakeup?

xxFalcon Loverxx

not by console at mo, what happens if they dont tech roll or delayed wakeup?
If the opponent doesn't tech roll, it still armor breaks. If he tech rolls and blocks, he'llg et hit by the mixup. If he delayed wake-up's, you'll have to delay the low bomb at the end of the combo, you can run under and low bomb into B3D4 which will catch them doing the delayed wakeup. The run under Close ground bomb B3D4 also armor breaks but not against tech roll armor. So basically you have to read the opponent. As in, you can still have a htb, you just have to make a read whether the opponent is going to armor or if he delays wakeup, you can still counter it with Low Bomb into B3D4 or run under low bomb B3D4. I found out the whole delay wakeup thing after i made the thread when i was looking for more set-ups. I was updating the thread with it until i saw the replies.

xxFalcon Loverxx

Yeah, if the opponents read this they just hold down, right?
Cant you just delay wake up?
If the opponent doesn't tech roll, it still armor breaks. If he tech rolls and blocks, he'llg et hit by the mixup. If he delayed wake-up's, you'll have to delay the low bomb at the end of the combo, you can run under and low bomb into B3D4 which will catch them doing the delayed wakeup. The run under Close ground bomb B3D4 also armor breaks but not against tech roll armor. So basically you have to read the opponent. As in, you can still have a htb, you just have to make a read whether the opponent is going to armor or if he delays wakeup, you can still counter it with Low Bomb into B3D4 or run under low bomb B3D4. I found out the whole delay wakeup thing after i made the thread when i was looking for more set-ups. I was updating the thread with it until i saw the replies.

Last edited:

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Nice setup for sure, but if you have to alter how you do the bomb etc based on what the opponent does to get up, it isn't guaranteed. It'll at least give you some free pressure though as they've delayed wakeup, just depends on what they can do to you if you wiff the B2 as they stand.

xxFalcon Loverxx

Nice setup for sure, but if you have to alter how you do the bomb etc based on what the opponent does to get up, it isn't guaranteed. It'll at least give you some free pressure though as they've delayed wakeup, just depends on what they can do to you if you wiff the B2 as they stand.
Yeah, i found the delayed wake-up thing after i made the thread so i edited the thread title to make it be not misleading. He can still counter delayed wakeup with Low Bomb, B3D4.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
nice one dude ill mess with this when i get on and let you know if i find anything else ;)

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
This is useful for more than HTB reasons too, it's going to make your opponent fear tech rolling, which is the number one way to handle cyrax beforehand.

None of these setups are guaranteed, but they'll make the opponent worry about the one thing you normally have to do to escape the jailing/HTB setups.

SOULWARRIOR 71K

XBL: SOULWARRIOR 71K PSN: SOULWARRIOR71K
I've been doing F21/F13 net df2 f43 dd2 d2 db2 db1 (the saw/air bomb causes them to pop up over you). From here if they don't know to tech roll I do dd3 B3D4/low bomb b2 as they hit the ground for the htb, if they do start tech rolling after the pop over, i hit them with S4 into ex grab to not only get the hard knock down but you get time to drop the bomb, and then do the dd3 B3D4/low bomb b2 htb. It's not guaranteed, but online I get away with murder so I use it a lot. On a side note, people have caught on to blocking low bomb b2 but most still get caught with dd3 B3D4 (and I'm talking midscreen not the corner).