What's new

Video/Tutorial Cyrax deep jump kick options

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
nice video GGA HAN,thanks for sharing.

talking about djk's,when i picked up cyrax i found something i didnt know about djk's on block.
this prop already known but it wasnt to me because with my other two char i go into true mids after djk's on block so this was never a issue for me....where cyrax's 1 will hit certain chars when they are crouching with block if same chars block a djk in crouch cyrax's 1 will whiff and the can poke before the 2 in 12 comes out,same thing happens with command grab.

LaR

Noob
nice video GGA HAN,thanks for sharing.

talking about djk's,when i picked up cyrax i found something i didnt know about djk's on block.
this prop already known but it wasnt to me because with my other two char i go into true mids after djk's on block so this was never a issue for me....where cyrax's 1 will hit certain chars when they are crouching with block if they block a djk in crouch cyrax's 1 will whiff and the can poke before the 2 in 12 comes out,same thing happens with command grab.
you have to slightly delay you're 1 after the deep jump kick for it not to wiff. the same thing happens when try djk to throw.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
you have to slightly delay you're 1 after the deep jump kick for it not to wiff. the same thing happens when try djk to throw.
i thought the delay you have to wait like that is letting the ~+18 adv go away and thats why it works?

Rokinlobster

Nightwolf of the galaxy
Another trap is
Djk, 12~net, njp splat, far bomb, ex saw.

Once they are privvy that they can jump out of the far bomb, ex saw you can do far bomb, net instead.

Another one which works is
Djk, 12~net, teleport, mid bomb, 12~saw (blocked, resets them)
1~net, b2, 121~bomb/aa throw/ ragdoll/

Another trap I "found" just now, but is very susceptible to wake ups is
Djk, 12~net, teleport, ex bomb, med bomb, 212(first two wiffs) njp, b2 121~AA throw.

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
Id love to come in here and say:

Bad
Not match practical
Or something else anti cyrax.

But.....ive eaten every one of these from you during a game. :-(

Good shit Han.

Hobozzzx

Up the Irons!!!
Couple corner ones I use:

Meterless: Djk, 121 ~ net, B2, 33~Buzzsaw = easy 33%

EDIT:
1 bar: Djk, 121 ~ EX bomb, B2, 33 ~ net, 33 ~ Buzzsaw = 41%

Ghetto reset: Djk, 121 ~ net, teleport, close bomb, (wait for them to land), 12 ~ AA throw, (they get launched) <ender of choice>

McNasty

Moist.
great thread idea han
Denzell used this a lot at scr extremely strong tactic with cyrax.

Would it be possible that if they dont tech roll after anything ending in 121 mid bomb to djk at a range where if their AA attempt gets stuffed they end up getting jump kicked into the bomb? Or if they do tech roll use far bomb? Essentially putting them in just outside effective bomb range but making an AA attempt dificult/risky.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
In your second video at 5 seconds, instead of D1-net, I usually do 2,2 or 3,3 or even D4 twice in a row. They still get hit by the near-bomb, and I find this much easier to execute.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
i thought the delay you have to wait like that is letting the ~+18 adv go away and thats why it works?
Yeah, I believe there was a hotfix back in the day that doesn't allow you to throw during blockstun of a Jip or Djk. This was done to get rid of the free throw attempt after Jip. Not sure why his 1 would miss after a DjK unless they fuzzy guard and stay low after the DjK?

I was playing around with the jik reset. The easiest way to pull it off is djk, net, ex bomb, d1 net. The problem is that it's not hit confirmable. You can also do jik, d1 net, ex bomb, d1 net. It's more difficult and sometimes the second net will whiff. Less damage but probably easier. I still haven't been able to land the jik, d1 ex bomb reset.

I was also trying to see if you could reset off of high jik, but it probably won't work. Will just have to settle for 29%.