What's new

Question - TriBorg Cyrax & CSZ changes

The Abbot

Unit LK-52O
S3 should be have a few of its block and hit advantage frames added back. All reason to use it has been completely removed with the 1.13 patch and if I'm sacrificing damage for a reset, it should be worth it. Especially since Smoke and CSZ need meter to combo off most mix ups now.

Cyrax should have his combo ability off teleport restored but still retain the armor. Teleport is easily baited & punished and at high level the threat of tele would help compete against some of the more dominate characters in the cast.

CSZ should have slightly more plus frames on drone assisted attacks like 212 & f12 and his overall damage should be increased maybe about 3-4% more. Using meter for a 24% combo doesn't seem fair and balanced to me.

NOT ASKING FOR MUCH. DOES THIS SEEM REASONABLE?
Please let me know what you guys think.

Edit: CSZ EX ice ball should obsorb projectiles same as human Sub.

Last edited:

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
A damage increase alone would make Cyber Sub much better. With how low his damage currently is, it's hard to justify spending bar on anything.

Besides that, make F13~iceball connect again or make drone-enhanced F12 worth spending a drone on.

The Abbot

Unit LK-52O
I think all this talk about what to buff and nerf is really tiresome and bland. I don't blame you for asking for stuff though, its the trend.
A closed mouth doesn't get fed.

Also, not really following a trend but if something is gonna happen soon, speaking up about what "REASONABLE" changes your character would benefit from doesn't hurt the chance of someone at NRS at least taking it into consideration.

The Abbot

Unit LK-52O
I've literally never understood this argument. There's no such thing as an easily baited move, it has to do with you conditioning your opponent.
What's so hard to understand? You're only option on wake up as Cyrax is tele, that's it! Same with Quan Chi. So it's easy to react to. If I can combo off tele at least it's worth the risk.

DDutchguy

easy to react to.
You mean it's easy to read, which is the opposite of reacting.

Most characters only have one or two good wakeups that are their only option. The trick is to mix it up with short and long delayed wakeups, or bydoing something like short delayed wakeup into armor.

The Abbot

Unit LK-52O
You mean it's easy to read, which is the opposite of reacting.

Most characters only have one or two good wakeups that are their only option. The trick is to mix it up with short and long delayed wakeups, or bydoing something like short delayed wakeup into armor.
Baiting, reading, reacting, ETC. This is besides the point. Cyrax lacks in other departments and this would compensate for what he lacks and help his game tremendously.

DDutchguy

Baiting, reading, reacting, ETC. This is besides the point. Cyrax lacks in other departments and this would compensate for what he lacks and help his game tremendously.
Agreed. I don't know how whether the teleport is easyto punish in practice; if not maybe it should have a couple extra recovefy frames. Bringing back the launch is a decent change though.

Even still, I think there are other things Cyrax could use, such as F212 being special cancelable. It would give him a hit confirmable mid hitting string.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Take off entirely or lower the scaling of Divekick and Drone summon in CSZ combos. Make f13 iceball connect again. Honestly I feel that 212 should be special cancalleable without a drone but that's a personal want.

Smoke, lower the damage scaling that smokeball does in combos. Fix his hitbox/blockstring inconsistencies especially on b21. Since the only way to do the vortex is to sacrifice damage with a jip let the full smoke combos at least hit a consistent 30% without risking my entire life on an extp or raw spear.

omooba

fear the moobs
I've literally never understood this argument. There's no such thing as an easily baited move, it has to do with you conditioning your opponent.
don't mean to insult anybody but this is SUCH A STUPID FUCKING STATEMENT. "easily baited". what the actual fuck. and it's used in so many arguments

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Its either You are predictable or not. One wake up it's still good. There is delay wakeup, back dash and so on. Kung Lao has great wake up options, yet Carl was slapped in the face multiple times not cause KL wa options are bad, but because of yolo spin.

PS.
Fucken auto-correct mode gets me nuts!

Last edited:

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
let CSZ be able to fire off his ice ball like he used to so his zoning is a bit better, give a bit more knockdown time off of f2, make his f13~ice ball connect, get rid of the rhetarded damage scaling via drone combo's, and thats about it i guess.

The Abbot

Unit LK-52O
let CSZ be able to fire off his ice ball like he used to so his zoning is a bit better, give a bit more knockdown time off of f2, make his f13~ice ball connect, get rid of the rhetarded damage scaling via drone combo's, and thats about it i guess.
So pretty much Vanilla CSZ

DDutchguy

sort of

his 1112 string would stay the same, as would the speed of his b1 and b3,

maybe his ex divekick could be made safe?
Safe EX divekick probably won't do much for Cyber Sub. He is already pretty meter hungry and mobility is not an issue for him.