What's new

Cyrax Combo(s)

Pink i've been working on my cryax recently. I havent played you in the longest time either. Hit me up when you wanna go a few rounds lol

Sounds good.

By the way, I made that combo better again.

Cyrax in the corner: (opponent in net over bomb) (Push them forward) Bomb,(throw second bomb), Uppercut, Bomb, aaHPHP, aaHP, JK, HK. 93%

or

Bomb,(throw second bomb), Uppercut, Bomb, aaHPHP, aaHP, JK, LP, Air Throw. 98%

I haven't actually done the second one yet, but I'm certain it works. These combos are insanely difficult, if you don't do everything exactly right, the last aaHP will either whiff or push you back.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Pink Godzilla said:
Sounds good.

By the way, I made that combo better again.

Cyrax in the corner: (opponent in net over bomb) (Push them forward) Bomb,(throw second bomb), Uppercut, Bomb, aaHPHP, aaHP, JK, HK. 93%

or

Bomb,(throw second bomb), Uppercut, Bomb, aaHPHP, aaHP, JK, LP, Air Throw. 98%

I haven't actually done the second one yet, but I'm certain it works. These combos are insanely difficult, if you don't do everything exactly right, the last aaHP will either whiff or push you back.
Can you post examples of the set up for these? As in where Cyrax should be in relation to the character and what the other character might be doing in the situation where he could get caught in a net above a bomb with enough time to drop another bomb and then be in position to do an uppercut. I can get them it's just the scenarios seem unpresenting.

I made a couple Cyrax corner 100s for kicks, here's one with an intentional break, and one without the break, both done on Jax for convenience.

http://www.ultimatemk.com/tempmatt/cyrax100s.wmv

Well, there's dozens of traps you can use in the corner, but basically if you can convince your opponent to rush you after throwing a midway bomb, it's an easy net. From there you can do these, or any of the RH, Bomb combos.

EDIT: Oh, I don't mean in the corner like that, I mean with Cyrax in the corner.

Of course, now I finally land it. :roll: How does this happen? I try for like an hour yesterday and never get it, but today I decide to try again and land it on the 5th try. 5 minutes later I can get it every other try. Oh well, at least it works.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
The key for me is getting the HPHP first I think, it really doesn't matter either way probably. There's more room to connect the HP than you think, but if you don't cancel the air throw at the right time he gets stuck.

Yeah, I was trying to hit Jax as low as possible with the aaHPHP, so he came out as far as possible from the corner, but then I figured out I need to hit him with Cyrax underneath so I don't have to walk as far. I'm still not sure how well this would work on other characters, though.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Any character you can get aaHP, aaHP on it should be possible. if not, you can modify this combo in other areas to make it better and at least close to 100% on many.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Copied from the piss moan and bitch thread:

15 matches of me (17ms) as Cyrax vs Sir Jabs (12ms) from last week:

Mame32k64, enable hiddens with Moe cheat when you start up, make sure sound is enabled on your emu if it isn't. Takes me some matches to get warmed up since i don't play Cyrax too much, and also, my new keyboard isn't as good as my old one so throwing bombs is difficult. Some cool stuff here and there, and the matches aren't easy ones, it's mostly vs teleporters and Ermac etc. There are other matches afterward.

www.ultimatemk.com/tempmatt/shockvsjabs.zip

Shock said:
Copied from the piss moan and bitch thread:

15 matches of me (17ms) as Cyrax vs Sir Jabs (12ms) from last week:

Mame32k64, enable hiddens with Moe cheat when you start up, make sure sound is enabled on your emu if it isn't. Takes me some matches to get warmed up since i don't play Cyrax too much, and also, my new keyboard isn't as good as my old one so throwing bombs is difficult. Some cool stuff here and there, and the matches aren't easy ones, it's mostly vs teleporters and Ermac etc. There are other matches afterward.

www.ultimatemk.com/tempmatt/shockvsjabs.zip
GGs, man my timing was off big time when I played you that night.

Also, if you watch the replay. You will see, It's not so easy to get people in bomb setups.

I want some Cyrax rematches Shock :evil:

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Yeah I want to get my Cyrax to the point where I might be able to actually get some decent combos. :twisted:

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Nice stuff man, Cyrax is so much fun to play despite his tier level.

I'll use him against any non-teleporters win or lose, against teleporters though ehhh...not worth the hassle IMO.

I too want to try to get even better with Cyrax, his infinites like you're always saying aren't worth trying to really go for at high level play but I do love trying to get the bomb/net set ups for some high damaging combos if I can. 8)

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I'm sure there is man(if you can do it, more power to ya), just like I'm very confident there's good Cyrax players out there that can win a lot with him. 8)

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I have been messing around with Cyrax combos in "Practice Mode" on MAME and got that 100% down. I also have a setup for the corner air throw infinite, but it is with damage protection so you'd have to do the throw like 30x LOL

I think I have the timing down for the aaJK -> bomb setup for the bomb infinite too ^_^

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I've got the bomb infinite down vs the CPU pretty well now...but that's the CPU.

Derek

Noob
Konqrr said:
l SuGaR l said:
Try that shit on me...Oh wait, we know how that'll end :lol:
Yeah, I'll just mash LK and you'll keep running into it :lol:
THERE WAS LAG! :lol: Or you'll do a 80% combo at the start of the round and still lose the match. :lol: