What's new

Cyrax Combo(s)

I'm having trouble nailing this {Throw, aaLp, Net, aaHP, Net, JK, LP, Air Throw} most of the time the net doesn't come out in time. Also can their be more to this combo?...

Also, I'm having trouble with the corner air throw inf.

Any tips on this?

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
In UMK3, "Throw, aaLp, Net, aaHP, Net, JK, LP, Air Throw" requires a glitch cancel on the second HP, so basically, it's not always possible. I have been meaning to add that * to the strategy guides for glitch canceling rules. You also might as well apply glitch cancel rules to the first aaLP as well just to ensure you pull it off. Another factor is there might be some weird property that will prevent it from happening sort of like with Classic Sub, if you do can clearly glitch cancel his Freeze in a match, try and do aaHP, freeze, aaHP gcGround Freeze. You won't be able to because the Freeze duration has to end in order for the ground Freeze to come out, but since you have to glitch cancel the aaFreeze the game still sees it as there. You can however still do aaHPHP gcGround Freeze.

However, in the most technical sense, you should wait a few extra frames while they are in the net before attempting the second one since there is a small time limit between usages for the net in juggles. It's similar to Stryker's riot gun. It's all about maximizing time frames. After the second net connects, you want to time the JK so it connects as they start to fall. As long as they are in any frame of falling you should be able to then connect aaLP air throw. It's a lot of work for what is still small damage. This is why Cyrax is ranked so low!

Vs Jax just now I got aaHP Net, aaHPHP gcNet, but I cannot get the other combo, might just be my error, but I will try to record it.

How much damage is it? I can GC the first aaLP to the net, but the second net is giving me trouble(I realize on some characters like sheeva, and Shang Tsung this combo is impossible :roll: ) I tryed to GC the second net but I'm doing something wrong.

It's funny you mentioned that your adding some GC rules/combos to the guide, b/c I was going to ask you about that in a PM. Ive been practicing GC combos (ex. Ermac mid-screen 100%), and thought it'd be nice to have Glitch Cancel vids, and explanation in the guide.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
You're talking less than 40% basically any possible midscreen combo with Cyrax that starts with a throw because of the number of balances they added to the throw itself, the lower damage, activates damage protection, and counts as part of a combo. For example, throw, aaLP, net, JK, aaLP, air throw is 28% however it says 42% If it did 42% Cyrax would be a much deadlier character. Generally I just do, throw, aaLP, net, aaHPHP, JK or air throw, if you JK, when you land you can do his air throw again to get very close to them quickly and continue pressure.

In MK3 his throw meant serious damage:

vs Kabal - Throw, aaLP, Net, aaHP, Net, aaHPHP, JK registers as 40% but actually does 59%.

vs Jax - Throw, aaLPHP, Net, aaJK, aaHP, air throw = 72% and registers as 33% because the throw and air throw aren't added to the combo. This also enables 2 hits before the net.

To make his throw not so broken, I would make it still count as part of a combo and perhaps do the low damage like in UMK3, but no DP. He would still be able to get 50% or so but not over 50% with anything conventional. Perhaps having it not act as part of the combo but still activate damage protection would work, plus doing normal damage. Since some characters he cannt really juggle off it except with an air throw it wouldn't cripple the throw entirely, but it would result in about 33% combos off the throw.

Tim Static

Adminerator
those Cyrax combos are a bitch to pull off, but are the most fun too. Between Cyrax and Ermac, they seem to unlimited ideas for combos...

When it comes to Cyrax's throws, I use them mostly for positioning. If you can throw, LP, net with near 100% frequency, then by all means do it, but the positioning you get at the end is generally more valuable than the possible slight extra damage. Usually, I do throw, LP, net, HP, air throw or jump kick when in mid screen, to get me or my opponent into the corner. When I'm already in the corner, I'll do throw, LP, net, deep JK, HP, air throw. In both situations, the ending position is good for my setups. Either way, throw combos aren't that important to Cyrax from what I've found. If you can't do the throw, LP, net all the time, stick to simple throw, air throw or HK, and use the position to your advantage. Bomb traps and combos are far more important, so worry about those first.

The timing for Cyrax's airthrow infinite is so ridiculous that it's really not worth the attempt, especially online.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Yeah, personally I wouldn't resort to Cyrax' infinites or glitch cancelling tactics just my opinion being a huge cyrax player/fanatic

I love his throw easy two hits I'll take every time, I feel I can do the 50%, 60%+ pretty often with just his bomb/net and JK set ups with RH's and such....

I have no interest trying or doing his corner air throw infinite...not worth the time, not worth the risk. :wink:

I love Ermac and Cyrax, so much fun to play with easy damaging combos if you set up right. :twisted:

Well, I use Cyrax's midfield infinite when I can, it's still useful. Even when it doesn't infinite, I can still get 80-90% midfield. The corner combos are what I land most often, mostly my 54% and 61%. However, I just figured out a 71% that is going to replace the 61%. :twisted:

MKF30

Pink Godzilla said:
Well, I use Cyrax's midfield infinite when I can, it's still useful. Even when it doesn't infinite, I can still get 80-90% midfield. The corner combos are what I land most often, mostly my 54% and 61%. However, I just figured out a 71% that is going to replace the 61%. :twisted:
Yeah, most of the time at high level play you won't be able to get those out if your foe is aggressive but I have gotten some 50%-72% which is more then good enough for me honestly. The 72% I only got once and I forgot which combo I did lol but it was hot! I was near the corner, only thing I remember...

BTW, are you talking about his midscreen bomb, juggle on bomb, close bomb buffer when the other explodes...that's really tough when you're playing good players I've noticed lol but fun 8)

Well, I haven't yet met the player who is able to avoid every single trap. It's all mindgames.

Anyway, the 80-90% I'm talking about was a midfield trap usually started out with a JK onto a bomb. The hits were like this: JK, Bomb, HP, HK, Bomb, HP, HP, Air throw or JK. The JK had to be timed just right. Too early and the first bomb whiffs, too late and you can't throw the second bomb. I don't really use this combo any more because I'm almost always in a position to go into a HP, HK, Bomb infinite.

The 54%, 61%, and 71% combos are done off of corner traps, with Cyrax in the corner. The 54% is: Bomb,(walk under) HP, net, deep JK, HP, Air throw. The 61% is: RH, Bomb,(walk under) suJK, HP, Air throw. The 71% is: RH, Bomb,(walk under) suJK, RH, HK.

I just got an idea for another one, I'll post it if it works.

EDIT: IT WORKED! It's really complicated, so this might not make sense. Corner trap, Cyrax in the corner: (opponent in net over bomb) (Push them forward) Bomb,(throw second bomb), Uppercut, Bomb, HP, HP, JK, HK. 86%

EDIT 2: At first I didn't think it was possible, but I found out that if you stay as close as you can to the wall and walk forward in between the two HPs, you can then JK, LP, air throw for 92%. You can replace the LP with a HP for 93% instead on Jax, in case it wasn't difficult enough already.

MKF30 said:
Yeah, personally I wouldn't resort to Cyrax' infinites or glitch cancelling tactics just my opinion being a huge cyrax player/fanatic

I love his throw easy two hits I'll take every time, I feel I can do the 50%, 60%+ pretty often with just his bomb/net and JK set ups with RH's and such....

I have no interest trying or doing his corner air throw infinite...not worth the time, not worth the risk. :wink:

I love Ermac and Cyrax, so much fun to play with easy damaging combos if you set up right. :twisted:
I don't hardly use Cyrax in a "Real Match" anyway. He is too slow, with low damaging combos for me. I just like doing really hard combos with him. I did the 100% corner against someone today, and I couldn't stop laughing. It was this {Bomb, uppercut, Bomb, aaHP, HP, JK, aaHP, HP, JK} The only reason I got it was because I sent out the bomb, he jumped, and I uppercutted. Obviously it wasn't an above average player, but it was a player who had played before.

And I'm not trying to learn these things to do in a real match. I could use some of the combos but, as I said, I hardly use Cyrax so I just want to learn his infs., GC combos, and all else. :wink:

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Using uppercuts in 100%s with Cyrax is going to make things hard unless you get extremely lucky. Uppercut makes getting to 100% a little faster but a simple aaJK or HK will suffice and allow another bomb. This combo has been discussed and I don't remember if anyone specifically uploaded it so I did, and I'll add it to Cyrax's guide when I get a chance.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Dk2wtRGuWFE

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Dubson said:
Konqrr can do some ridiculous shit with Cyrax
I can't do these big bomb combos, only thing I'm good at are the repeated net combos, sadly...

Every time I pick Cyrax lately, they counter pick with a teleporter :cry:

Shock said:
Using uppercuts in 100%s with Cyrax is going to make things hard unless you get extremely lucky. Uppercut makes getting to 100% a little faster but a simple aaJK or HK will suffice and allow another bomb. This combo has been discussed and I don't remember if anyone specifically uploaded it so I did, and I'll add it to Cyrax's guide when I get a chance.

Well, I don't use that combo for 2 specific reasons:

1: The HP, HP, HP, JK is extremely difficult on most characters. If I JK someone onto a bomb, I can instead go for the infinite, which works on everyone.

2: If the opponent is on the ground when you do this combo(which does happen fairly often), it only does 57%.

And I like it when people counterpick with teleporters. Those people are the easiest to land the uppercut 100% on.

MKF30

I just prefer the older bomb infinite without the air throw, but that's a cool combo. 8)

Phoenix said:
MKF30 said:

I don't hardly use Cyrax in a "Real Match" anyway. He is too slow, with low damaging combos for me. I just like doing really hard combos with him. I did the 100% corner against someone today, and I couldn't stop laughing. It was this {Bomb, uppercut, Bomb, aaHP, HP, JK, aaHP, HP, JK} The only reason I got it was because I sent out the bomb, he jumped, and I uppercutted. Obviously it wasn't an above average player, but it was a player who had played before.

And I'm not trying to learn these things to do in a real match. I could use some of the combos but, as I said, I hardly use Cyrax so I just want to learn his infs., GC combos, and all else. :wink:
Ohh yeah I know man, just saying in general since I've yet to meet any Cyrax player and being a huge Cyrax user myself a lot that can do any 100%, 80%+ to me.

Konqrr does have a good cyrax he uses Net games a lot, my game is a bit different a little.

And one thing about my game is I HATE his air throw...a JK can snuff it out and it's often annoying to buffer IMO...

I don't need that to win with him. :wink:

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Pink Godzilla said:
Shock said:

Well, I don't use that combo for 2 specific reasons:

1: The HP, HP, HP, JK is extremely difficult on most characters. If I JK someone onto a bomb, I can instead go for the infinite, which works on everyone.

2: If the opponent is on the ground when you do this combo(which does happen fairly often), it only does 57%.

And I like it when people counterpick with teleporters. Those people are the easiest to land the uppercut 100% on.
aaHPHP, aaHP air throw is easy on half the characters. And what is the 57% version?

The one you showed in the video. If the opponent is on the ground when the first JK hits, the combo only does 57% instead of 100%.

Phoenix said:
Pinkgodzilla said:
Just curious, how come you can never do it to me...lol :lol:
Well, the set up is wierd in the way that it depends on the person's playstyle, and not their skill level, of whether or not I can land it. Some people never get hit with it in 20 matches, and some people eat it two rounds in a row, even though their skill level is about the same.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Yeah I just realized that a second ago and came back to edit my post lol. Yeah generally, 57% is worth the damage protection for Cyrax. That's like saying, "I don't do TKS, aaHPHP, JK, TKS, aaHPHP, aaHP, JK" with Ermac if the first JK hits them on the ground. More often then not however, a player will jump towards you than run if there's a bomb, even still, I'll take that.

I'm not saying the combo is bad or anything, but I just prefer to instead go for the HP, HK, Bomb infinite after a JK onto a bomb, that way I don't have to worry about it.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Pink Godzilla said:
I'm not saying the combo is bad or anything, but I just prefer to instead go for the HP, HK, Bomb infinite after a JK onto a bomb, that way I don't have to worry about it.
I would say going for the bomb inf is more risky than a sure combo. How often do you get a bomb break inf?

Well, if I land the JK onto a bomb, I can get the infinite pretty much every time, unless it's on the DS. Even when I don't I still get a good combo out of it.