What's new

Cyrax better than Sektor?

Who is better? Cyrax or Sektor?

• Total voters

NobilityV3

Smalls deep.
I really disagree about this. It says that Cyrax is the worst Cyborge if the three. Cyrax can pull off good combos with the use of his bombs and nets but Sektor only has missles. Who else disagrees?

XL

Noob
In a one on one battle between two players of the same skill, Sektor would kick Cyrax's ass up and down the screen. Number one, the net and bombs as offense are pretty much void in the battle, because Sektor can teleport uppercut before Cyrax gets out of recovery mode. Combine that with the fact that Sektor's homing missles would put a damper on Cyrax even having time to do his net or bombs.

Cyrax is good against certain characters that Sektor isn't, but overall Sektor is a better all around character.

I've faced a few good Sektors in the past few months, and they all had the same thing in common. There wasn't a second that went by in the match that atleast one homing missle wasn't on the screen. They are easy to dodge, but not if a Sektor stays on you to prevent you from trying to get the bombs to fake explode.

I saw a video of Shock's Cyrax vs Dreemer's Kabal on YouTube, and that's probably the best I've ever seen someone use Cyrax. He'd do a throw, then aaLP, then net. I've tried it, but I can't do it. :?

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
yeah, you should look at pimple's cyrax. He's from Venezuela. great pressure and deffense as well.

edit: btw, agree with the XL sektor comment. he's better overall.

dreemernj

Ambassador
XL said:
I saw a video of Shock's Cyrax vs Dreemer's Kabal on YouTube, and that's probably the best I've ever seen someone use Cyrax. He'd do a throw, then aaLP, then net. I've tried it, but I can't do it. :?
You should see Shock's Cyrax when he is actually being challenged, lol.

dreemernj

Ambassador
UltImaTe GTA said:
cyrax takes more skill. imo
Cyrax takes more skill to do the same damage as Sektor. That makes him appeal to a lot of people. I love the wackiness of his throws myself. But it also means it takes a superhuman proficiency with him to really compete at a high level. At that high level, Sektor needs some good skills as well. I think Julian's Sektor was the most impressive one I've seen personally. A lot of skill.

XL said:

the reason u can't do it is because you are not "run bursting" after the throw u have to run before u can hit the aaLP once u get that down the net is gonna get annoying

abc ur dead0 said:
Yea don't you have To cancel the aalp?
no point to cancel it with a run or block simply because the net itself with cancel the aaLP just like with Reptile his dash will cancel out an aaHP

see My Cyrax´s Kombos and see sektor´s kombos too... i know that this have nothing with the high level with cyrax or sektor but you´re talking about damage... and there are many ways to make damage´s kombos:)

XL

Noob
Yeah, Cyrax can do very high damaging combos, but compared to Sektor, he has to REALLY work for it. Cyrax's huge damaging combos basically revolve around strategically placing the bombs.

Whereas Sektor isn't about big damage. He's more about chip damage and run jabs than anything else, I find. Sort of like how Jade is. She's not really a big damage maker, but she is really good at chipping off life with her boomerangs and such.

Sektor has the advantage over Cyrax in high ranked play, albiet just by a little. I mean, they are only two spots away from each other on the tier list.

Although something I was wondering. I saw one YouTube that Shock made a comment that if someone picks Kabal, Cyrax as a counter character immediately takes Kabal's number one spot on the tier list, or something. Care to explain why Cyrax is such a good counter for Kabal? I'd love to know, because if it really is, that's who I'll start picking against Kabal players.

NinjaGrinder said:
yeah, you should look at pimple's cyrax. He's from Venezuela. great pressure and deffense as well.

edit: btw, agree with the XL sektor comment. he's better overall.
I saw one of those matches yesterday on youtube. It was agains't kabal (RZP I think) and I think it was pretty amazing.

XL said:
Although something I was wondering. I saw one YouTube that Shock made a comment that if someone picks Kabal, Cyrax as a counter character immediately takes Kabal's number one spot on the tier list, or something. Care to explain why Cyrax is such a good counter for Kabal? I'd love to know, because if it really is, that's who I'll start picking against Kabal players.
Well I certainly won't be doing that again. Sugar picked Kabal and I jokingly picked Cyrax to fool around with and all I got to say is that it sucks getting relaunched lol, although I amazingly won that match lmao. :lol:

NobilityV3

Smalls deep.
Does Cyarx not having a teleport uppercut a really bad thing? Overall you guys are telling me to choose Sektor and practice with him more. When you say he is a run and jab type character, what combo should i use if i'm charging a player?

RaiN said:
Does Cyarx not having a teleport uppercut a really bad thing? Overall you guys are telling me to choose Sektor and practice with him more. When you say he is a run and jab type character, what combo should i use if i'm charging a player?
Usually the pop up. If you can jump in then do his 4 hit hp, hp, hk, B+hk