What's new

Tech cyborgs b231 mixups and anti wakeup setup

st9rm

viennality.com
been experimenting with cyborgs b231 string and how to counter wakeups with mb f3

what i figured out is, if you got them in a juggle combo, lets say b3/f3 starter etc and end it with a standing 2 + near target aquired, you're in the perfect range for the b231 string to connect:

which means, if they decide to block low, you hit them with the missiles and you get a free combo, and if they decide to block high, you hit them and get a free combo too:

you can then decide to end your combo with the 2 + near target aquired over and over again, which puts your opponent in the same situation

of course, they can also decide to wakeup, which brings me to the next setup:
countering with mb f3
if you have meter and life left, and want to go on with your pressure, use it.
you will take some damage, but they will eat a full combo, also if they decide to jump, the f3 will also hit, if timed correctly:

i haven't tested it will all wakeup attacks yet, what i've experienced though, is that it won't work with aquamans trident scoop, BUT at least he can't full combo punish you, since the missiles will hit him too

mixing those things up (e.g. going for mb f3 instead of b231), will make your opponent respect you and their only way out, might be a techroll, which puts them in the situation, that they have to deal with your ianb zoning game:

Momentum

Proud owner of the briefcase hitbox
Can you test something for me? Is there enough time to b2 and cancel it into backdash to punish wakeups?

st9rm

viennality.com
it depends on the wakeup, if it's batmans slide for example, he will hit you, since it covers the back dashing range
you can cancel your charged b2 into a backdash and block though

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Very good! I have noticed that the standing 2 will drop them right in front of you the other day as well, which creates a perfect set-up for his reset! Unfortunately I think certain wake-ups and universal tech-roll can escape this...but it creates some mid-screen potential for Cyborg. This is viable.

st9rm

viennality.com
Very good! I have noticed that the standing 2 will drop them right in front of you the other day as well, which creates a perfect set-up for his reset! Unfortunately I think certain wake-ups and universal tech-roll can escape this...but it creates some mid-screen potential for Cyborg. This is viable.
ty !
thats true, at least it's something i guess
regarding the anti wakeup setup, if people tend to wake up using mb, e.g. doomsday, the f3mb wont connect :/

I've been messing around with this setup a lot recently, ending with st2 close rockets is pretty godlike but you kinda have to mix up medium rockets for if they tech roll.

SO its basically a read you have to make. No techroll? Do close rockets. Read techroll? Medium rockets. Miss the read on the techroll and did close rockets? Go for a jump in

st9rm

viennality.com
I've been messing around with this setup a lot recently, ending with st2 close rockets is pretty godlike but you kinda have to mix up medium rockets for if they tech roll.

SO its basically a read you have to make. No techroll? Do close rockets. Read techroll? Medium rockets. Miss the read on the techroll and did close rockets? Go for a jump in
true true
regarding the 2 to target aquired cancel, do you have any way how to time the dd 3, so the special moves comes out everytime?
i have some troubles getting it done consistently, especially online :S

There's no trick you just have to 2 in 1 it quickly.
Omg based on this tech I've come up with this sickness

Started doing.... Starter (1 1, st2, or cr1), bounce cancel (either will work), j3,j2,st2, rockets

With the bounce cancel you can get into this setup off of any stray hit anywhere on the screen :)