b3 j3 j1 d2xxTA(close), j2 3 b3... this setup doesn't cross up

Mid-Screen Power Fist Setups
12b2xxPF, PFmb b3... the second hit of PF will pop them up for a b3
b3 j3 j1 112, PFmb b3... the second hit of PF will pop them up for a b3

Corner Power Fist Setup
12b2xxPF, PFmb f3... the second hit of PF will pop them up for a f3

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
12b2 pf MB f2 nova dash cancel njp causes a cross up. I fucked so many ppl with this. Mid screen.

TA cancel leaves you in front or you can delay the nova it would stay in front as well

Reactions: Ram
Are there any good setups using upward Sonic disruptor? I use it as an ender in the corner sometimes followed by forward dash, neutral jump 2 or 1 to stay on the same side or cross-up. Feels like a gimmick, it probably only works because people don't realize upward SD is even a move in the game.

Also, any quickstand setups? I feel like he could benefit from those if any exist.

EDIT: Instead of neutral jump, grapple is maybe a better option after the forward dash. You get a little extra meter for doing the special and still have a cross-up/non cross-up option.

Last edited:
Another thing for when you have a background bounce available and you have hit a B3--forward dash + neutral jump 2 is an easy way to ensure you can implement the background bounce into your combo for extra damage or a setup off the hard knockdown.

For example (damage): MB B3, forward dash, nj2, 2bgb, ji2(or 3), 113db2

For example (setup): MB B3, forward dash, nj2, 2bgb, step back very slightly, forward roomba. Follow up with jump over j2 to crossup or air fireball to catch them with the roomba if they try to read crossup.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 58466

I think up SD is -1, and SD is -2, so maybe in the corner you can use it to pressure better. But i'm not sure of the range. Also, is it possible to connect a B3 off a BGB? The timing is very wonky

Vex

Noob
I've really been enjoying Saggat's midscreen setup where he ends his combo in F2 TA, then he dashes up, and does a diagonal instaint air jump 1

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Even if it was a true command grab it wouldn't jail into a free grab because the TA Push back and the plus frames makes them grab immune. Doing this would help the character more than break him by giving him good neutral where nova blast fails in that aspect.

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
So based off some of the recent things posted in the general thread, I explored a pretty basic setup that is hopefully useful which requires a background bounce. Not sure if it has been posted before, but here it goes...

After a background bounce, setup close TA or air drone and hold f3. Then the options are:
-mb roll out of the f3, and if they were blocking high for the f3, they'll get crossed up
-after conditioning with the first option, you can mix it up with letting the f3 rip or just a regular dash forward

I tried a similar setup in the corner after 112 knockdown, but it seems like if the opponent is as close to the corner as possible, mb roll leaves you on the same side. Maybe I was just messing up on that, but that's what I found. Maybe you guys can find something I missed.

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
The reset.....is it because of the trait or because of power fist? if its because of trait have we tried getting it to work with a f3 or maybe uppercut into mbf3?