What's new

Breakthrough Cyborg space control

Pakman

Lawless Victory!
Below is a diagram showing Cyborg's space control. Excluding Jump ins, MB, hit-confirm-only-strings and supers.

#

Legend:

Red: Nova Blast
Purple: Sonic Blast
Yellow: Power fist (Yes that is it's actual reach!)
Green: Techno Tackle (Yes that is it's actual reach!)
Blue: Normals (e.g standing 1)
Orange: Command normals (e.g. B,3)

Notes:
* Whilst at first glance it may look like Cyborg only has a few attacks and strings, let it be known they all cover a shit ton of space!

* There is some overlap but in most cases it's just a normal overlapping with a command normal or special. Generally speaking, all his attacks cover different areas....as well as crazy amounts of space!

* D, 2 and standing 3 (his uppercuts) are however almost indistinguishable - very slight differences

* Not shown is his target acquired - these have set places where they land. Close version is approx lands 2 squares/character spaces in front of Cyborg. Normal lands 5 squares. Long lands 8 squares/characters (so full screen)

* His upward Sonic blast has me puzzled. I don't really know when you would use that because you literally have to be right underneath your opponent for it to connect (and when I tested. d,2 or standing 3 did the job better AND you could combo after). Imo it would be better if it was slightly more in front of him - this would allow it to function as an AA. Right now, I really don't get what it's for.

* After connecting with techno tackle, Cyborg backs up roughly 5 character spaces (i.e. 1 character space out of Techno tackle range)

* His B, 3 has tremendous range (it's actually his furthest command normal. 2nd furthest is his forward 3)

* That big fat blue square roughly 3 character spaces in front of Cyborg? 1, 1, 3's max range! Booyah!

@CURBOLICIOUS
RYX
Relaxedstate
Green Nutts
TomlulsBrady
Showtime
Obs_SmSwag

p.s: This was scheduled for completion tomorrow. Lucky people!
P.p.s: I finally found a decent stage that has proper character spaces! This will make it a lot easier to do the rest of the cast!

OZZYGUITAR

Back-dash Adam
Really cool shit man! Btw up sonic blast, the only place i use it in the corner as a part of a bnb off of 113, does anyone have bnb off of 113 for more than 44 in the corner btw? its the highest i could find

Redk9

Noob
I almost died when I saw this. I was like "Who the hell wants to start something?" But then I realized who this was lol.
Instant air nova blast= Top priority for me? Try hard. But for real this guys space control is ridiculous. The zoning king, except he also has crazy mix ups...ZERO!

SeanEXE

"Normalized"
Instant air nova blast= Top priority for me? Try hard. But for real this guys space control is ridiculous. The zoning king, except he also has crazy mix ups...ZERO!
Lol. I'll give you $500 if you hit a crouching opponent with Cyborg's IANB. But yeah I can see him getting annoying quick just like Zero. I just hope too many people don't jump on him.

Cyborg's zoning is GDLK but my biggest problem is deathstroke and sinestro.
I find that rushing Sinestro down works the best. Sinestro doesn't have any safe wakeup options, so go for the knockdown. Once there, go for cross ups or missile setups and abuse Cyborg's great b123 string.

For Deathstroke, you can play the zoning game, but to do well, I recommend to be sure you can IANB consistently. You can also rush Deathstroke down, but it's a little more difficult to get in. Walk or dash and BLOCK. Deathstroke's guns have no pushback. The grapple can also be used to get in. I'm no professional, but this has been working well for me so far.

Tyram

Noob
I find that rushing Sinestro down works the best. Sinestro doesn't have any safe wakeup options, so go for the knockdown. Once there, go for cross ups or missile setups and abuse Cyborg's great b123 string.

For Deathstroke, you can play the zoning game, but to do well, I recommend to be sure you can IANB consistently. You can also rush Deathstroke down, but it's a little more difficult to get in. Walk or dash and BLOCK. Dearhstroke's guns have no pushback. The grapple can also be used to get in. I'm no professional, but this has been working well for me so far.
thank you very much for your input bro. I just read about the instant air fireball so i'm gonna get in the lab and work on that asap.

if you have xbl hit me up sometime.

thank you very much for your input bro. I just read about the instant air fireball so i'm gonna get in the lab and work on that asap.

if you have xbl hit me up sometime.
I'm on a pretty hectic work schedule right now, but I'd be down for a few games. XBL:steeltoedsandal

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Bump. Look how awful and worthless Up-Sonic Disruptor is.

I wish so hard they increased the hitbox/lowered the startup :?