What's new

Guide Cyborg - Pressuring The Target

MKPROJECT2359

EMPEROR | MKU PROJECT
As we all know, Cyborg is a character that is known for his amazing projectiles (Nova Blast, Instant air Nova Blast and meter burned Nova Blast). Most of the INJUSTICE players think his zoning is the only thing that makes him such a great character and sleep on his pressure tools thinking that his pressure sucks. Well, I know it is not like Killer Frost / Sinestro's pressure BUT Cyborg does have an amazing pressuring game once you know how to use it. So let's get this started:

First...Check out "Cyborg - The Art of Cancelling" thread by me. So you know what I will talk about.

Here's the link:
http://testyourmight.com/threads/cyborg-the-art-of-cancelling.35880/

Once you know the cancelling system, let's start breaking down some moves.

Power Knee (standing 2):

This move is his fastest standing medium move and it's -2 on block, BUT if you cancel it into Sonic Disruptor, it becomes safe. Knowing this, you can go ahead and do Power Knee - Sonic Disruptor Cancel (2 SDC) and dash forward. After you dash forward, ONLY moves that are 9 frames start up, or less, can punish you. So they have some options and probably the one that they are going to use is the d1. Now, most of the d1s in the games are negative on block, meaning that if you block them; you can get free pressure. So, if you do 2 SDC and duck (to block d1s) if they d1 you, you can go ahead and do 2 SDC again and keep them in the same situation. Once your opponent start thinking that you're going to wait for a d1 (after the 2 SDC) they are, probably going to try to grab you, meter burn b3 / f3 or even try to pressure you and that's where your true mind-game becomes arrives. If you do 2 SDC and do 113 / 112 after that (suppose they are not going to d1 but just grab, do any other string or armor out) you can blow them up. How? if they try to grab they are going to get hit by your 113 / 112 and if they do another string that is NOT less than 9 start up they're going to get blown up, and if they try to armor out they are still going to get blown up because b3 / f3 meter burned only take one hit to break the armor and another to interrupt the move. So, the have to guess if your coming for 112 / 113 or if your going to wait for a d1.

Humanity (112):

This move opens the doors to a lot of Cyborg's mind game. It's +18 on bock giving enough time to keep pressuring. The only thing I don't like about this move is that the first hit (standing 1) is a high which can be ducked. But, this doesn't mean this is not useful, 112 can be done after a jump-in 2 which jails the opponent on blocking high opening the door to Cyborg's pressure. Also this can be done to start the Power Knee pressure (paragragh below) and also at the end of it.

*You also can get a b123 check.

Jaw Smash (standing 3):

This is the best pressuring tool that Cyborg has. It is 12 frames start up and it's +7 on block and if you cancel it into SDC you can get free pressure and puts you in a situation even BETTER then the Power Knee's pressure. If you do Jaw Smach SDC (3 SDC) instead of the opponent needing to do a 9 or less frames start up move, they MUST do a 4, or less, start up move and only some character have it. But, that's ONLY if you try to do the Power Knee pressure in other words if you do 3 SDC not even SUPERMAN's super can punish you. Knowing this you can go head and use that A LOT in your pressure and if it hit's you can get another 3 SDC for free.

Comeback (113):

This tool is really good to do after you do 112 because since the 112 is +18 you still can get a high move over your opponent without having to jump-in. Also his push back makes it as save as 3 SDC. Knowing this you can 113 SDC and start your pressuring game.

Blowout (b123):

This move is pretty good because of its push back. This move is as safe as 3 SDC and it's 11 frames start up. This move is also really good to do after 112 and 3 SDC.

Sideline (f22):

This 12 frames start up is +3 on block so it can be used after 112. It also has the best range out of all Cyborg's normal moves; it hits from sweep distance. After this move you can get a free standing 2 and start the pressure all over again.

Now, let's think about every one of these tools and how to combine them:

After you do jump-in 2, the best string is 112. After 112 you can for 3 SDC and then b123 and after that you can do standing 2 SDC and THEN comes the guessing game. All of that is almost guarantee and at the end you get the opportunity to restart the pressure depending on your opponents reaction.

Note:

It is important for you to cancel every single string into SD and let it go. Once your opponent is used to it THEN you can start the real Cyborg's mid game.

I hope you liked it! Enjoy Study it!! :3

-Project <3

SeanEXE

"Normalized"
Good stuff. I can see that you put a lot of work into this. But did you know Cyborg's 112 string is interruptible? After 11, the 2 comes out really slow and is easily spotted by the opponent.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

MKPROJECT2359

EMPEROR | MKU PROJECT
Good stuff. I can see that you put a lot of work into this. But did you know Cyborg's 112 string is interruptible? After 11, the 2 comes out really slow and is easily spotted by the opponent.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Yeah! There is actually a 25 frames bug between the 11, and the 2. But the opponent MUST be aware of that I can always do a 11 ~ b123 so they cant punish me. Or 11~ d1 sonic disruptor.

Thanks for your advice tho.

-Project