What's new

General/Other Cyborg Move Analysis

RYX

BIG PUSHER

0:32 - Ground projectile, travels quickly, decent recovery, stuns on hit.
0:34 - Air projectile, can likely be done closer to the ground(think iagb)
0:35-39 - Short and long-range missiles, note that they both launch for a combo. Cyborg recovers before the missiles land, so he may have set-ups off these(could likely punish attempts to jump in on him for it)
0:40 - He has a very short-ranged blast here, sends the opponent back full screen so he can continue zoning.
0:42 - Ziplines toward the opponent, likely a move for anti-zoning, if memory serves, he can attack while landing(falling animation)
0:47 - Tackle move(he rolls off after), enhanced adds the extra blast to make room
0:50 - Getaway zipline to create breathing room(is used again at 1:37, cyborg corners himself, could set him up for easy environment abuse)
0:54 - Healing button (gimmick), looks slow-ish but still somewhat effective.

1:06 - big upper swing(whiffed though), pop-up?
3:48 - i'm assuming this is an overhead, pops up, definitely starts juggles

side note - his dashes cover a lot of range, can probably close in/back off liberally, not much has been seen of his CQC or combos but i'll wager he can handle himself.

RYX

BIG PUSHER

0:28 I was right, overhead does launch :D
0:31 It looks like all his full strings send people away-followed by Target Acquired(i wonder if this links or it can only be done after like in the video)
look at dat dashing though
0:39 getaway move with the grapple, you can fire shots while coming down. -fap-
0:44 shots can be charged/held (Dash cancel shots?! :D)
1:08 EX air shot, fires one straight and then one at a downwards angle
1:11 air sonic disruptor, used in the string but i see AA potential, looks like he got a lot of advantage off of it
1:12 grapple right on top of people, looks like a really good threat if he can use for cross-ups
1:29 BOOYAH!
1:30 enhanced ground shots, fires one straight and then one upwards(i bet this would be really good for corner combos)
1:50 i hope this tackle move is safe-ish, i don't see much use for it outside checking people getting too greedy with their rush
1:52 what the fuck is this slow ass move?
2:22 bullshit

unless this gets changed in the next month, this looks like how cyborg will be at launch. hype as fuck

drift221

Shocking Your System

look at dat dashing though
0:39 getaway move with the grapple, you can fire shots while coming down. -fap-
0:44 shots can be charged/held (Dash cancel shots?! :D)
1:08 EX air shot, fires one straight and then one at a downwards angle
1:11 air sonic disruptor, used in the string but i see AA potential, looks like he got a lot of advantage off of it
1:12 grapple right on top of people, looks like a really good threat if he can use for cross-ups
1:29 BOOYAH!
1:30 enhanced ground shots, fires one straight and then one upwards(i bet this would be really good for corner combos)
1:50 i hope this tackle move is safe-ish, i don't see much use for it outside checking people getting too greedy with their rush
unless this gets changed in the next month, this looks like how cyborg will be at launch. hype as fuck
So far this is why cyborg will flood the early top eight.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Im thinking his zipline forward in will not be viable becasue anybody with a brain will AA full punish.... however I'm curious what his zipline back recovery will be like...

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Im thinking his zipline forward in will not be viable becasue anybody with a brain will AA full punish.... however I'm curious what his zipline back recovery will be like...
Really? The punish potential for whiffed projectiles(as in, he moves out of the way with the zipline on reaction) seems really strong.

Fractured_Shadow

A zipline forward seems to lofty to me... Though I can see your point if the Cyborg is spacing well and his opponent is mindlessly throwing shit. However depending on his footsie game I can't see a real reason as to why he would zipline forward other than to escape the corner with a crossover...

RYX

BIG PUSHER
A zipline forward seems to lofty to me... Though I can see your point if the Cyborg is spacing well and his opponent is mindlessly throwing shit. However depending on his footsie game I can't see a real reason as to why he would zipline forward other than to escape the corner with a crossover...
I see your point, but it here's how I see it;

- Say someone uses a really whiff punishable special. Cyborg reacts on point with a forward Grapple and he gets a full combo punish, and since most of his combos end with sending them back full-screen ala Noob Saibot, he gets to continue zoning.

- Probably really good for escaping the corner as you mentioned.

- Makes them respect your option and could probably let you zone even further.

- I wonder if you can do an air blast to fuck up AA attempts and still punish or be left at neutral. This is something I'll definitely look into when the game drops.

Fractured_Shadow

Zipline recovery can be delayed with Sonic Disrupters, so it won be that easy to just anti-air him.
Kinda like mileena air sias on blocked tele? If so then yes that will be a bitch.... I'm really curious as to what his pressure game (if he has one) will be like... Im guessing Flash will be a CP for Cyborg depending on Flash's phase move....

Fractured_Shadow

Say someone uses a really whiff punishable special. Cyborg reacts on point with a forward Grapple and he gets a full combo punish, and since most of his combos end with sending them back full-screen ala Noob Saibot, he gets to continue zoning.
I really don't forsee any projectile that is wiffed scorpian spear punishable.... I mean it must be AT LEAST 100 frames from start to completion of grapple.... though as you were saying a wiff punish on an advancing normal might get nutty....

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I really don't forsee any projectile that is wiffed scorpian spear punishable.... I mean it must be AT LEAST 100 frames from start to completion of grapple.... though as you were saying a wiff punish on an advancing normal might get nutty....
i don't think it's that slow, plus he has air attacks so he can start combos, he could possibly cross you up while he's at it.

I'm not saying any of it's going to happen, just the possibilities are very intriguing. :)

Fractured_Shadow

Have we seen an air grab yet? I wonder if he is vulnerable to knockdown while on grapple.... also his zip line coupled with an instant use of health regen will force pressure... just another way to get inside ppls heads....

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Have we seen an air grab yet? I wonder if he is vulnerable to knockdown while on grapple.... also his zip line coupled with an instant use of health regen will force pressure... just another way to get inside ppls heads....
Do you mean an AA grab? No, but from the moves list posted above he has an anti-air Sonic Disruptor. :)

Fractured_Shadow

Do you mean an AA grab? No, but from the moves list posted above he has an anti-air Sonic Disruptor. :)
No just an air grab... ala Smoke, Jax, Sonya ect... I'm just crious if it is safe at all... or if you could be JP out of it into a combo.... kinda like a lost air to air JP full combo in MK9.... the more I look at Cyborg the more I'm seeing he isn't broken... just really, really good... he seems like he will be punishable but only to people who grind ou the MU.... The Flash on the other hand... hmmm day 1 main anybody?

RYX

BIG PUSHER
No just an air grab... ala Smoke, Jax, Sonya ect... I'm just crious if it is safe at all... or if you could be JP out of it into a combo.... kinda like a lost air to air JP full combo in MK9.... the more I look at Cyborg the more I'm seeing he isn't broken... just really, really good... he seems like he will be punishable but only to people who grind ou the MU.... The Flash on the other hand... hmmm day 1 main anybody?
We can't be sure although knowing my luck he'll end up like Noob and be awful up-close. I really hope he can put some work in with his missiles though.

Fractured_Shadow

We can't be sure although knowing my luck he'll end up like Noob and be awful up-close. I really hope he can put some work in with his missiles though.
No way.... he has way to many tools to be noob saibot tier... also the charge cancle is going to bring a lot to the table for him.... that being said I prolly won't main him for the simple fact that he will be nerfed into oblivion becasue I can already see set ups that will totally destroy people without a deep understanding of footsies.... the gap between noob and FG enthusiast is going to be much larger than that in MK9.