What's new

Match-up Discussion Cyborg Matchup Discussion

I don't even think iafb is very good at all against ds better to just try and trade on the ground until you can get out missles. If he hitd you out of you trying to do iafb you're knocked down and fucked

Chrishaspads

Name isn't Chris, Doesn't have pads
yo fuck superman, seriously FUCK superman. this matchup is basically unwinnable in every single aspect

and please noone say do iafbs on him. the fucking straight ground eye beam just DESTROYS everything you try to do
for ground beam just block 1 beam do ground fire ball. They will most likely do another beam block it again. By this time the fire ball will hit . Now start doing iafb. Thats how i win :b

Jun_Dp101

Don't mess with the bess
Cyborg also has no answer to superman's f23 pressure or any of his pressure he does what he wants to him on wakeup, superman's air laser also tends to mess up cyborg. I also think raven and black adam are horrible mus

Sublime

Stop blocking my hits with your face!
I am doing something wrong here? Countering DD´s meteor strike w MB B3 but mostly i whiff it, yeah.. DD lands nxt to me but DD ducks my B3 somehow? Is it the timing or what..

Chrishaspads

I am doing something wrong here? Countering DD´s meteor strike w MB B3 but mostly i whiff it, yeah.. DD lands nxt to me but DD ducks my B3 somehow? Is it the timing or what..
I just grapple on reaction to get used to the timing i went into training and just had DD keep doing that nova crap and i would grapple on reaction.

Mojo

Noob
Does anyone have any advice on how the hell I'm supposed to fight Scorpion? I don't want to drop this game but this character is starting to get to me way more that Black Adam ever could. I feel like I can't move most of the time when I'm fighting any scorpion that isn't some random online spammer, and even when I'm fighting the bad ones I'm still forced to respect his nonsense. Not even sure if this is a match up issue because I feel the same way when I fight him with Shazam and Lobo.

Chrishaspads

Does anyone have any advice on how the hell I'm supposed to fight Scorpion? I don't want to drop this game but this character is starting to get to me way more that Black Adam ever could. I feel like I can't move most of the time when I'm fighting any scorpion that isn't some random online spammer, and even when I'm fighting the bad ones I'm still forced to respect his nonsense. Not even sure if this is a match up issue because I feel the same way when I fight him with Shazam and Lobo.
i throw out one iafb once in a while to bait a teleport and then punish but i rush down other than that. it is a tough mu

Raven, scorp, bgirl, shazam, ares, green arrow, aquaman are all bad. Zod and deathstroke are slight advantage.

Superman and black Adam are 5-5

Solomon grundy might actually be the worst matchup in the entire game, potentially 9-1

mash instant air fireballs all day. if he jumps go up with him and regular fireball or ex fireball. if you expect or he throws a baterang jump on reaction and ex fireball. If hes grappling, do not jump - continue instant air fireballing, the iafb will trade with the grapple.
If releases bats, just block. wait for him to jump 2 at you, push block him and then grappling hook away. fall down from the grapple with an ex fireball.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
What would you guys say is the toughest part about the Killer Frost MU? What should I be doing mor- um....what should I be avoiding? Is there a way to or not to approach this MU?

I'm but a humble player trying to get into Cyborg so pardon my ignorance...

^baiting and punishing the derp when she gets close enough to get HUAHed

matchup isnt too bad because iceburg doesnt hit you out of IAFB. just keep doing that until she gets close enough to slide then start jumping back lol

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
What would you guys say is the toughest part about the Killer Frost MU? What should I be doing mor- um....what should I be avoiding? Is there a way to or not to approach this MU?

I'm but a humble player trying to get into Cyborg so pardon my ignorance...
What NY_Jailhouse said. Daggers and iceberg become useless if you can ianb well. Also mix in ground nova blasts as this will fuck up her slide. I think it might be possible to hit slide out of the startup animation if you hit ianb low enough. Also after she resets you. Don't guess...just absorb the low or over head and 0frame grapple away

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Hm, never thought of grappling away after the reset. I know some characters can parry during the tight window but you have to be quick no? Parry characters can only do so after guessing high anyway so that would make Cyborg the best at escaping her wakeup unless she catches you with daggers on the way down.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
i never thought of grappling out of the reset either. lol if that works that matchup would be a lottt easier
Yeah, but KF can change when they do the reset or how, so it can be difficult. Timing is very strict too.
Pretty sure it can be done with Batgirl too! or anyone with a standing reset

Aris_adapted

Aristotle
Here is my Cyborg match-up list.
*I dont know match-ups against DLC characters nominally.

Character
Match up
The Flash
5 – 5 (4 - 6 possibly)
Nightwing
5 – 5
Batman
4 – 6
Solomon Grundy
7 – 3
Green Arrow
6 – 4