What's new

Cyborg Match-up Discussion

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
Atom meme's this character.

Nah legit probably even. IAFB's fuck Atom pretty hard imo but Atom can get past it using tele or trait which is pretty risk. Both have ass normals so that's kinda eh and do about equal damage. I could be wrong on the IAFB part but it kinda hurts Atom, I find myself trading a lot which is nice but it's not that nice. It's like "Cool, we hit each other and did about equal damage but I'm not really plus enough to do a whole lot"

Definitely not 7-3. I don't see that happening at all.

Last edited:
To add to the enchantress thing: i find it not bad in the neutral if you dash cancel out of ur NB. What this usually does is cause the player to either jump, walk back, or attempt to call her shield when she sees you go for the projectile. You can catch her in recovery with a nice 23 from good range so his neutral isnt terrible vs her. The main thing that sucks is that she CAN air dash over you at times, and her far reaching normal that can be MB for combo is gay. It should be super punishable on block. Not barely punishable to where she can just backdash for free

Sent from my iPhone using Test Your Might

ive never played against a good hellboy is he really that bad?
Problem with this matchup are the following:

-Hellboy's gunshot travels across the screen faster than Cyborgs and recovers faster, so at ranges 3-6 Cyborg get's clipped while Hellboy is able to block in time
-At range 3, gunshot will trade with NB, but hellboy is plus, so Cyborg can't follow up with another NB
-Cyborg's secondary legit zoning option in this matchup (IAFB) is risky considering if you get hit by gunshot you get knocked down, allowing Hellboy to keep zoning
-Hellboy can check Cyborg out of the air with his other gunshot move (forgot the name)
-Gunshot is shot at a height that is difficult to jump or jump-diagonal fireball over consistently(unlike Dr. Fate)
-Cyborg can't zone consistently, so he can't build meter for the reasons above
-Hellboy's buttons like f2 are significantly better than Cyborg's so playing footsies is already difficult
-Since Hellboy can play lame and just zone Cyborg out, it nullifies the NB game
-Since NB is countered by gunshot, Hellboy doesn't have to worry about leap getting stopped
-Trade is in his favor, if NB missed and hellboy leaps appropriately it's a full combo into oki, vs Cyborg only scoring 100 damage and a knock down
-Get's outclassed in damage

Not even going to put a matchup number on it, that's just my experience from playing most Hellboy's. Match up is fried-ass cheeks on a stick. Still exploring it though :(

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
Problem with this matchup are the following:

-Hellboy's gunshot travels across the screen faster than Cyborgs and recovers faster, so at ranges 3-6 Cyborg get's clipped while Hellboy is able to block in time
-At range 3, gunshot will trade with NB, but hellboy is plus, so Cyborg can't follow up with another NB
-Cyborg's secondary legit zoning option in this matchup (IAFB) is risky considering if you get hit by gunshot you get knocked down, allowing Hellboy to keep zoning
-Hellboy can check Cyborg out of the air with his other gunshot move (forgot the name)
-Gunshot is shot at a height that is difficult to jump or jump-diagonal fireball over consistently(unlike Dr. Fate)
-Cyborg can't zone consistently, so he can't build meter for the reasons above
-Hellboy's buttons like f2 are significantly better than Cyborg's so playing footsies is already difficult
-Since Hellboy can play lame and just zone Cyborg out, it nullifies the NB game
-Since NB is countered by gunshot, Hellboy doesn't have to worry about leap getting stopped
-Trade is in his favor, if NB missed and hellboy leaps appropriately it's a full combo into oki, vs Cyborg only scoring 100 damage and a knock down
-Get's outclassed in damage

Not even going to put a matchup number on it, that's just my experience from playing most Hellboy's. Match up is fried-ass cheeks on a stick. Still exploring it though :(

ok ive gotta fight a good hellboy now. i have to see what its like haha

Fighting Hellboy is enough as it is with his straight shot anti airing any IAFB
Someone, i mean anyone (not just cyborg players) with alot of experience vs Hellboy needs to come up with a how to counter or play vs him guide. I dont see how/if he would have losing matchups. And finding a good Hellboy is hard AF.

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
Hey guys, here are some of my notes for the Firestorm and Robin matchups

Firestorm (FS)
  • zone him
  • his fastest moves are 7f
  • after blocking Atomic Burst, FS is -6 and so his fastest move is 13f --> Cyborg's offensive options are b1 and f2
  • after blocking mb Atomic Burst, FS is +4 and so his fastest move is 3 f --> Cyborg's defensive options are grapple away and backdash (and block, of course)
  • a 100% consistent way to punish Fusion Charge is with reversal Power Fist
  • all characters can neutral jump in between Molten Trap and mb Molten Trap --> good for Cyborg because he can get a air Nova Blast check
  • if you block a point-blank Molten Trap and suspect that the mb portion is coming, you can full combo punish with instant neutral j2 f2xxPF
  • I have done a bit of testing and it seems like if FS does a reversal Molten Trap after blocking air Nova Blast, it will not punish (unless you don't block low, of course :p )
Robin
  • keep him out!
  • interrupt 2-12 and db2-mb with s1 (i.e., 12b2, 112, 113, etc)
  • watch out for mb roll
  • dash forward to avoid the mb part of Swoop and check him
  • don't be afraid to d2 him when he jumps in from close or is crossing over you with a jump

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
Just wanted to jump in here and say that while playing against a good Atom is quite tough and annoying, I think I'm getting better in that MU. I find that a lot of it comes down to getting a good/lucky read and NBing Atom out of his trait. Even then though, that damn mb laser blast :mad:

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Just wanted to jump in here and say that while playing against a good Atom is quite tough and annoying, I think I'm getting better in that MU. I find that a lot of it comes down to getting a good/lucky read and NBing Atom out of his trait. Even then though, that damn mb laser blast :mad:
Just pocket brainiac

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
I recently played against KingGambler's Dr. Fate. He plays that MU better than any other Fate I have faced, and bopped me. I couldn't implement my basic air downward NB game very effectively.

He would play fullscreen and build some bar, and then follow in behind a displacer orb and dash or mb roll under my zoning (e.g., downward air NB) very consistently and get a good punish (especially if traited). I also got hit by the low a lot in the b1d3 string (definitely have to fix this, he doesn't really have mixups so that shouldn't be happening lol), which would net him a full combo in the corner. The games that I did win were mostly because I got a nice lifelead at the start and held on to it / kept him out for the rest of the match.

Gonna try and play against his Fate some more and figure out a more solid/consistent gameplan for that MU. If anyone can get games with him, please do so and let me know if you are any more successful than I was.

Last edited:
I play with him pretty often and beat him pretty bad but then again I’ve been working on the fate match up a bunch how often do you play it

Biggest thing about that match for me is punishing doctor fate for trying to put orbs on the screen because if the orbs come out it makes it a lot harder to play your game

you guys have any tips against batman?
Push block when he gets in especially with bats, cyborg can always out meter him. His problem is damage and mixing him up to open him up. While zoning always be ready for a mb roll and punish accordingly, its not hard to see it coming and he WILL eventually mb roll eventually lol.

Reactions: Ram

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
Push block when he gets in especially with bats, cyborg can always out meter him. His problem is damage and mixing him up to open him up. While zoning always be ready for a mb roll and punish accordingly, its not hard to see it coming and he WILL eventually mb roll eventually lol.

see the biggest problem i have is the zoning. I dont feel like i can zone him

For the cyborg vs enchantress match up you can shoot right over her walk with straight air shot at the right height at first I thought it wasn’t a big deal but it’s pretty good
Getting space then threatening nb works wellbto bait her doing her wall. Just nb dash 23 in the neutral. Just gotta be careful of her jumping and air dashing to cross you up on a whiff

see the biggest problem i have is the zoning. I dont feel like i can zone him
You mean against his batarangs?

I know up batarang can kill his air diagnol nb at a good distance, but his straight batarang should be easier to deal with since you can duck it compared to him having to block the nb. So once you can get 1 blocked nb you can enforce your zoning especially if u get time to put out air trait

If Batman has stats zoning first it can be hard to get it back unless you can do instant airs so once he throws one and you duck it do 1 instant airs right after then it’s your turn to start zoning again