What's new

Cyborg Match-up Discussion

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
Hey guys, found something interesting for the Wonder Woman match-up. I played a ft10 against Akromaniac27 yesterday and then again today (he bopped me both times lol), and when he gets me in the corner, he likes to do b2xxLasso Grab (b2xxbf1). A couple counters/options that Cyborg has:
-you can backdash or grapple between the b2 and Lasso
-you can block the b2, then duck the lasso and IMMEDIATELY go for a b3 or f3 and get a full combo punish. This is because Cyborg's b3 and f3 have great range and startup in <30 frames, and the recovery on her lasso grab is 32 frames. But I stress, this is VERY tight timing (however, worse case scenario is she blocks it and you're plus :) )

EDIT: wow, I'm kind of an idiot lol...rather than doing a very tightly timed b3 or f3, after ducking the lasso grab, you have enough time to move forward and punish with a string/normal 0.0

EDIT #2: ok well if done at MAX range, moving forward and trying to punish doesn't really work...b3 seems like the best option after all! :D

Last edited:

esc1

95% of TYM discussion: "It's fine"
Fate or Deadshot and I couter pick usually, but lately I've ran into some killer Grodd's and Poisen Ivy's. Can't press buttons against Ivy at all.. Air NB gets clobbered by a spike up my arse.. any tips for these two? Other than some well timed MB B3's I have no chance

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: ProbablyMinus
Fate or Deadshot and I couter pick usually, but lately I've ran into some killer Grodd's and Poisen Ivy's. Can't press buttons against Ivy at all.. Air NB gets clobbered by a spike up my arse.. any tips for these two? Other than some well timed MB B3's I have no chance
Against Grodd grapple and zone and mb b3 or f3 stampede , Ivy you'll have to counter pick or really study her strings and hope for the best and 113 if they don't block it full combo after if they are blocking it cancel into nova blast and dash backwards or grapple away and zone don't stay on the ground while doning iafb or D NB

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
So ForeverKing posted an updated Batman matchup chart, and claims that Batman beats Cyborg 6-4. Do you guys agree? I feel like the matchup is even. I think it's the classic case of if Cyborg gets his keepaway going, he'll win and if Batman gets his rushdown going, he'll win. Thoughts?

HiddenSelectCounterPick

So ForeverKing posted an updated Batman matchup chart, and claims that Batman beats Cyborg 6-4. Do you guys agree? I feel like the matchup is even. I think it's the classic case of if Cyborg gets his keepaway going, he'll win and if Batman gets his rushdown going, he'll win. Thoughts?
Agreed it's 5-5

Reactions: Ram

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
Having said that, I played a few games against Shazzy's Batman a while ago and got bopped. So I definitely need to run that matchup some more with a high-level Batman....but for now, seems like 5-5

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Having said that, I played a few games against Shazzy's Batman a while ago and got bopped. So I definitely need to run that matchup some more with a high-level Batman....but for now, seems like 5-5
So since borg has no problem getting meter either from zoning or b123 SD cancel push block the heck outve him

Reactions: Ram

4x4lo8o

Noob
Ive always thought of the Batman - Cyborg mu as even and I do well against random Batmans online, but I can see how a good Batman who knows the mu really well might beat Cyborg. Cyborg can't really stop him from getting bats out during zoning, he can grapple on reaction to trait or TA in a lot of situations, he has good midcreen air control with up batarang, and he has air mobility that can help him navigate fireballs.
Once he's in he's good at taking advantage of Cyborgs lack of wake ups and Cyborg doesn't have a good answer to j2

PANDA

*Supreme Member*
Having trouble with supes and aquaman. other MU's seem at least manageable.
With supes, 1 combo and your already in the corner. supes got crazy corner pressure and dmg. I push block but still can't seem to get out.

Against aquaman, neutral beats cyborg. they just get the life lead and turtles the rest of the match. great AA can't jump in. great defensive options in general. what to do?

:/

GREEN LATERN
If green lantern opens the match with b13, Cyborg can punish with nj1. Nj2 does not work considering Cyborg will be tagged out of the air. Here's a good example, and why studying openings can prove very helpful in setting the tempo of a match

Having trouble with supes and aquaman. other MU's seem at least manageable.
With supes, 1 combo and your already in the corner. supes got crazy corner pressure and dmg. I push block but still can't seem to get out.

Against aquaman, neutral beats cyborg. they just get the life lead and turtles the rest of the match. great AA can't jump in. great defensive options in general. what to do?

:/
I have a whole matchup thread dedicated to the Superman matchup. Feel free to check it out:

https://testyourmight.com/threads/matchup-discussion-cyborg-vs-superman-living-guide.65057/

The general gist of the matchup is you need to stay mid screen, ducking heat zap and immediately responding with instant air nova blast (IANB). Once you control the ground game, Superman will result to air lasers, and if you tag him out of the air, immediately setup TA and trait to control space. Staying at 3/4ths screen from Superman is the sweet spot considering all of Cyborg's fireball options will hit. For more depth, check out the thread, I go into great detail on all trade situations, even wakeup setups.

As for Aquaman, you want to stay at full screen to 3/4ths screen. Here are some general rules on the zoning:

-If you block tentacle strike, follow up with NB (will stuff any follow up TS or Trident toss)
-if you duck trident toss, follow up with NB (same as above)
-After Aquaman blocks NB, you are guranteed one free NB (any projectile by Aquaman will be stuffed)

If you understand how the trades work, you establish the life lead, and have Aquaman come to you by zoning him out. Use grapple to maintain midscreen position. You want to avoid playing at ranges 1-2 considering Aquaman outclasses Cyborg from up close.

This is very general information, but hopefully I can make a real detailed thread on it later.

I don't even think you need to it's more of a jump forward fireball thing that i do and it seems like it works.
The thing about that though is he can jump over it if you're doing the diagonal shot and divekick you. But if you iafb you can shoot consistently and punish all his zoning and anti zoning spwcials. Then if he mb rolls in u recover in time to block and push block. Black Adam also suffers due to his wu being weak we can go in and bully him with +frames and knockdowns

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
The thing about that though is he can jump over it if you're doing the diagonal shot and divekick you. But if you iafb you can shoot consistently and punish all his zoning and anti zoning spwcials. Then if he mb rolls in u recover in time to block and push block. Black Adam also suffers due to his wu being weak we can go in and bully him with +frames and knockdowns
Oh no i didn't specify just a jump forward straight shot kind of low to the ground. He is tall and floats so you don't need to iafb him just straight air shot his head lol

Oh no i didn't specify just a jump forward straight shot kind of low to the ground. He is tall and floats so you don't need to iafb him just straight air shot his head lol
Oh yeah thats what i like about iafb him he cant even get off a magic sparkle thing or lightning so hes getting hit on and off ground