What's new

Cyborg Match-up Discussion

Bobbyxton_

It's Official
Well im on xbox i use the razor wildcat and its like the ps4 dpad with four individual buttons
Does it also have rocker buttons on the back? When I played IGAU1 and played Cyborg then, I used a Razor Sabertooth and IAFB were a breeze with only having the input the actual bf1 and using one of the back rockers as up.

Bobbyxton_

It's Official
Man, my inputs need work. In the recording I did they were all over the place. Do you use stick or pad, and what kind of pad do you use? I'm using the ps4 pad, were the buttons aren't individual, it's really annoying.
Yes it does just as the elite controller.
Probably worth mentioning it as Protagonist will probably be pulling his hair out not getting them as early as you, at least he knows that you have the rocker assist though.

I do like Razor controllers, I just wished they were more durable.

BLUE BEETLE:
-Any string ending with a kick is jab punishable/d1 punishable
-shield slam is safe on block (-4)
-Keep in mind BB can cancel his unsafe strings into shield bash
-You cannot dash in after shield slam, BBs normals (b1 specifically) will check the forward dash
-Shield slam is death on whiff (53 frames) and be punished with f3 or b3
-b2,3 is a cross up but -14 on block. Can (and will) be mixed in with b2, blade barrage (overhead, low) which is also full combo punishable (-21)
-If you block energy cannon, you cannot mb roll through the next one
-ducking a energy cannon give a free mb roll in attempt if another projectile is shot
-you CANNOT mb roll after blocking an EX energy cannon
-if you block energy cannon and reversal with NB, you will eat the next fireball of blue beetle and he'll be able to block in time (in short, never reversal NB against BB)
-Blue beetles fireball does ~80 damage, while NB does 90 dmg
-If you get hit by energy cannon, you must respect the next follow up (can't do NB afterward or you'll get tagged, while BB can block the follow up

Parasurama

Dragon
Hi everybody, I am taking an interest in Cyborg.
How does Cyborg fair against Aquaman, Black Adam and deadshot?
What are his options against Aquaman- tentacle strike, or Atrocitus blood puddle (tracking moves that can launch)-> it would limit his zoning, I assume?

Hi everybody, I am taking an interest in Cyborg.
How does Cyborg fair against Aquaman, Black Adam and deadshot?
What are his options against Aquaman- tentacle strike, or Atrocitus blood puddle (tracking moves that can launch)-> it would limit his zoning, I assume?
Not much experience with Deadshot and Black Adam. I will say the Aquaman matchup still sucks. He counter zones Cyborg pretty hard, and out footsies him. Add his trait and amazing d2 to the mix and it's a straight uphill battle.

I played some offline sets vs. Black Adam. I think the matchup is more manageable than the Aquaman matchup, but I think having IAFB is essential (to which I don't have yet)

Deadshot seems annoying, it reminds me off the Deathstroke matchup in injustice 1. Just got to pick your spots to trade, and inch your way in. A well timed grapple will work on a few occasions, but should not be a reliable tactic. Have to walk him to the corner and keep him there.

I'll try to get more details later, just cooking right now lol

Parasurama

Dragon
Not much experience with Deadshot and Black Adam. I will say the Aquaman matchup still sucks. He counter zones Cyborg pretty hard, and out footsies him. Add his trait and amazing d2 to the mix and it's a straight uphill battle.

I played some offline sets vs. Black Adam. I think the matchup is more manageable than the Aquaman matchup, but I think having IAFB is essential (to which I don't have yet)

Deadshot seems annoying, it reminds me off the Deathstroke matchup in injustice 1. Just got to pick your spots to trade, and inch your way in. A well timed grapple will work on a few occasions, but should not be a reliable tactic. Have to walk him to the corner and keep him there.

I'll try to get more details later, just cooking right now lol
Thanks- why would IAFB be so important - as he could still get Cyborg with the tentacle thing (it goes quite high)?

I actually think cyborg does very well against both aquaman and black Adam I don't think AM counter zones cyborg very well at all and against black Adam you can low profile stuff with d3 and once you get him in the corner he can't do anything since his wake up is buns

Against aquaman you have to know when he's gonna from the deep and when he wants to trident toss so basically you have to know when to be in the air shooting fireballs and when to stay on the ground and duck trident toss just gotta mix it up good and you should be fine

Reactions: Ram
Against aquaman you have to know when he's gonna from the deep and when he wants to trident toss so basically you have to know when to be in the air shooting fireballs and when to stay on the ground and duck trident toss just gotta mix it up good and you should be fine
I'm going to respectfully disagree with this, I think the matchup is awful for Cyborg. If you can provide more detail in your argument on trade situations, and even match footage then I'd be more open to consider it. I'll make my argument when I get back from work as an example, but the way this argument is framed could be said for any character in the game (especially the bold part).

Not knocking you or anything, you could be right, just want more detail to your point. I do agree with black with you on black adam, but again, more detail.

DEADSHOT:
-If Cyborg does an IAFB and deadshot blocks it, cyborg can follow up with regular NB and allowing him to duck a reversal wrist cannon (high shot) while DS gets hit.

DEADSHOT:
-If Cyborg does an IAFB and deadshot blocks it, cyborg can follow up with regular NB and allowing him to duck a reversal wrist cannon (high shot) while DS gets hit.
IAFB makes a lot of his bad matchups more manageable. If you can get IAFB down consistently, I believe Darkseid matchup is pretty even instead of 6-4. You can see in a few of the matches I had on online ranked where I made Darkseid actually feel like he needed to wait for my patterns before he could do anything in return.

IAFB makes a lot of his bad matchups more manageable. If you can get IAFB down consistently, I believe Darkseid matchup is pretty even instead of 6-4. You can see in a few of the matches I had on online ranked where I made Darkseid actually feel like he needed to wait for my patterns before he could do anything in return.
This is why I'm trying to master them. With IAFB, you can be able to duck projectiles in time (ex. superman heat zap) and still be able to duck in time. Just makes life and many matchups way easier

Think the Darksied match is definitely one that I need to lab on. I faced 4 in ranked, and didn't take a round lol. Those omega beams are a problem.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Think the Darksied match is definitely one that I need to lab on. I faced 4 in ranked, and didn't take a round lol. Those omega beams are a problem.
I still say thats one of his death mu's. Its rough, he completely dominates the air and you always have respect the mb lazer follow up to reg lazer. It sucks.

@megamonk I just want to say thanks on the advice when it came to Dr. Fate in the matchup discussion thread. I faced one in ranked, and got the life lead early and decided to trade with the fireball. I even was able to stuff the EX fireball twice. I plan to upload it later today, still working on the matchup but it's a start.