What's new

Cyborg Match Footage Thread

Yeah cw throw makes the trait whiff.
I never see cyborgs throw out trait n dash up throw. If they mb b3/f3 you break it and get a full combo. If they jump you still get a full combo.
I usually do trait into technotackle, since they see Cyborg whiff and attempt to punish lol. I also use grab as well, but I should definelty do it more often haha

Carl

Noob
I usually do trait into technotackle, since they see Cyborg whiff and attempt to punish lol. I also use grab as well, but I should definelty do it more often haha
Actually the techno tackle was something i used alot when he got buffed but then people would just neutral jump and my trait would whiff lol wtf is this shit.
Now i just grab grab and more grab because theres nothing they can do lol.
Also when i used to use the tackle they duck and blck trait and still have plenty of time to punish arggghhhh.
The tackle should be a mid imo.

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
Can you guys give me some feedback please? I noticed a few key things I did wrong, but curious what others have to say. Enjoy!

Can you guys give me some feedback please? I noticed a few key things I did wrong, but curious what others have to say. Enjoy!

From what i noticed you do d1 into b3 alot. Not sure why lol. Id also say u should have pushblocked alot more instead of eating his plus frames, you could have reset the neutral and started zoning again to build the bar back.

I push block almost automatically when i get into plus frame or mixup situations.

Sent from my iPhone using Test Your Might

I still struggle in this matchup but a couple of things:
  • Play the keep away game. Primarily you want to use IAFB (want them as low as possible) in this matchup since it stuffs lighting strike, black magic, and even dive kick in some instances.
  • Against Black Adam, you want to use combo enders that push him away if you have the live lead. For example at 0:48 you went with PF, and he was able to quickly techroll and get in. Ending with SD gives a hardknock down so you get TA, trait or another NB on screen to zone him out. Notice how much space you create at 5:49 when you ended in SD and checked with NB
  • Notice the air diagonal fireball's is were you took a good chunk of damage (1:00, 1:28, 2:54). Diagonal fireball is rather negative allowing BA to pressure, so try to do more IAFB and get them lower to ground (it's tough but it helps a ton in this matchup)
  • Try to also mix up your get up game with delayed wakeup. You tend to panic wakeup under pressure which is common(1:00 to 1:15, 2:09 with whiffed Techno Tackle, 4:40). I get wakeup happy as well, so I'm totally guilty of this haha
  • Missed a good whiff punish at 2:48. D1 PF or d1 SD for a hardknock down
  • Instead of 11 at 3:02 follow up with 12b2 PF. Since you don't have the lifelead, you have to cash out on damage in this situation. Also Adam's wakeup game is buns so get the knockdown whenever possible
  • (3:29-3:50) Solid sequence there, this is how you should play if you have the life deficit
  • (4:05) Good anti-air, but maybe a background bounce to prevent clash?
  • (4:10) You moving in a bit too much here. You have the lifelead, so let Adam work to come to you and force a mistake from the opponent with IAFB.
  • (5:00) Input error with f3, it happens
  • (5:38)Definitely need to use more 12b2PF as a punish. You tend to go with 112 (I do this under situations as well, but you get more damage from 12b2PF and it's hit confirmable)
  • (6:25) Missed punish on dive kick

I still struggle in this matchup but a couple of things:
  • Play the keep away game. Primarily you want to use IAFB (want them as low as possible) in this matchup since it stuffs lighting strike, black magic, and even dive kick in some instances.
  • Against Black Adam, you want to use combo enders that push him away if you have the live lead. For example at 0:48 you went with PF, and he was able to quickly techroll and get in. Ending with SD gives a hardknock down so you get TA, trait or another NB on screen to zone him out. Notice how much space you create at 5:49 when you ended in SD and checked with NB
  • Notice the air diagonal fireball's is were you took a good chunk of damage (1:00, 1:28, 2:54). Diagonal fireball is rather negative allowing BA to pressure, so try to do more IAFB and get them lower to ground (it's tough but it helps a ton in this matchup)
  • Try to also mix up your get up game with delayed wakeup. You tend to panic wakeup under pressure which is common(1:00 to 1:15, 2:09 with whiffed Techno Tackle, 4:40). I get wakeup happy as well, so I'm totally guilty of this haha
  • Missed a good whiff punish at 2:48. D1 PF or d1 SD for a hardknock down
  • Instead of 11 at 3:02 follow up with 12b2 PF. Since you don't have the lifelead, you have to cash out on damage in this situation. Also Adam's wakeup game is buns so get the knockdown whenever possible
  • (3:29-3:50) Solid sequence there, this is how you should play if you have the life deficit
  • (4:05) Good anti-air, but maybe a background bounce to prevent clash?
  • (4:10) You moving in a bit too much here. You have the lifelead, so let Adam work to come to you and force a mistake from the opponent with IAFB.
  • (5:00) Input error with f3, it happens
  • (5:38)Definitely need to use more 12b2PF as a punish. You tend to go with 112 (I do this under situations as well, but you get more damage from 12b2PF and it's hit confirmable)
  • (6:25) Missed punish on dive kick
This is how i like to play this matchup lol

Sent from my iPhone using Test Your Might

Check out my matches with Dink from 8:28 to 18:28:
I made a few big mistakes... :(
I honestly felt you played the matchup perfectly. I think for the first match (which was very close), after you hit Dink with standing 1, you should have grabbed him. Other parts was just firestorm being firestorm, where he touches you and deals a ton of damage and Cyborg has little to no comeback factor haha.

Watching this footage though, seems like the gameplan is to push Firestorm to the corner, then keep him at 3/4ths screen here you can hop over his fireball and punish with diagonal fireball. Keeping him there I think is the toughest part of the matchup, reminds me of the Dr. Fate matchup also.

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
I honestly felt you played the matchup perfectly. I think for the first match (which was very close), after you hit Dink with standing 1, you should have grabbed him. Other parts was just firestorm being firestorm, where he touches you and deals a ton of damage and Cyborg has little to no comeback factor haha.

Watching this footage though, seems like the gameplan is to push Firestorm to the corner, then keep him at 3/4ths screen here you can hop over his fireball and punish with diagonal fireball. Keeping him there I think is the toughest part of the matchup, reminds me of the Dr. Fate matchup also.
Ya I 100% panicked at the end of the first match. I didn't want to let him clash and that's all I was thinking about. Gotta just work more on my end-of-match clutch factor