What's new

Cyborg Match Footage Thread

Some more ranked matches. The focus was to attempt some of the new roomba and trait pressure that was in the Cyborg pressure concept thread. Also, I tried to focus more on zoning with diagonal fireball in neutral, as well as using IAFB when given the chance.

Trying to grind out this Dr. Fate matchup. I think I'm being too timid from range 2-4 (3/4ths screen - to mid screen), and need to establish the counter zoning game earlier. My opening game could use some work as well:

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Fate vs Cyborg is minimum 7-3 and what I consider one of his "death mu's" (Deadshot, Darkseid, Dr. Fate). Those vids show the struggle. Lookng for a secondary to cover these mu's.

Fate vs Cyborg is minimum 7-3 and what I consider one of his "death mu's" (Deadshot, Darkseid, Dr. Fate). Those vids show the struggle. Lookng for a secondary to cover these mu's.
Yeah it's tough for me. However, I will say I made a lot of mistakes in this matchup. I think i understand the trade situations better, my main issue is how to start off with a life lead. If I can figure out the opening game, that would work wonders, since Cyborg needs the lifeless in this matchup, and his other bad ones as well.

Cyborg vs. Atrocitus

This was me playing with no idea how the matchup worked. I played a later set with him today, hopefully I can upload it later in the week. Also had a set with Espio with cheetah and BB, although the PS4 butchered the blue beetle footage :(

EDIT:

Cyborg vs. Superman/Aquaman

Cyborg vs. Aquaman

Last edited:
Trying to get all this footage off my PS4 haha

Cyborg vs. Vixen

Full set Cyborg vs. Vixen:

Cyborg vs. Blue Beetle

Last edited:
This was a runback after evaluating the opening game and exploring the matchup more. Looking back, still made a lot of mistakes, but I'm getting better at the matchup. I also gained a wealth of information for an up and coming thread as well.

Generally Cyborgs goal is to build meter as fast as possible and open strong, while Atrocitus goal is to pop trait early before Cyborg gains meter and push him to the corner. 3 push blocks gets rid of trait, so having two bars means less chip and "oppression session" on your end. Also, you can push block the shield, or on a read, do EX fireball to blow it up if he dashes in. Another thing is using d1 in neutral to check his strings and buffer into SD or PF is also essential.

Gameplay of Cyborg vs. Deadshot. This matchup is godawful, will probably return back to cheetah to use her for this one.

Cyborg vs. Deadshot

Gameplay from Prettyflocko and Kinetic Balding from hometown heroes. Had to dig to the ends of the Earth to find this footage haha:

Extra: KineticBalding vs Burrito (Green Arrow)

Footage from local in downtown Austin

STREAM LINK:
https://www.twitch.tv/mortalkombatatx/videos/all

CASUALS
Cyborg vs. Supergirl (5:26-8:46)
Cyborg vs. Green Lantern (8:55-14:06)
Cyborg vs. Superman/Aquaman/Black Adam (44:27-1:07:09)

TOURNAMENT:
Protagonist_1(Cyborg) vs. GazugaFan(Catwoman) [Starts at 1:26:19]
Protagonist_1(Cyborg) vs. Omar(Flash) [Starts at 1:50:17]

Some recent KOTH matches. I have a ton, but I'm just posting the relevant ones:

Match starts at 10:16

Match at 6:27

Match at 11:58

Match at 10:03

Match at 3:39

Cyborg vs. Sub

Protagonist_1(cyborg) vs. PND Ketchup(Subzero) at 3:50:19
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/158290645

Since this is an archive, I'm not sure how long it will be there. Also, the ping was pretty bad as you could see in the video, I'm actually surprised he was willing to play as much as he did, so much thanks to him.

Might be tough matchup down the road considering Cyborg's wakeups are butt, and slide can go under NB