What's new

Cyborg - Launching 50-50 Mix-Up & Set-Up

4x4lo8o

Noob
I agree that this set up is best used of back ground bounce but cyborg using background bounces means you are dropping lot of your damage early for the set up (cyborg isnt full comboing you often so usually will opt for damage off a bgb). So probably not worth the reset attempt off bgb unless you are trying to keep it unclashable or you spend a meter before hand and already have some damage such as 12b2xxDB2 mb, forward dash, D2 xx bgb, set up
Cyborg gets a background bounce near the end of combos off of b3, f3, roomba, air to air j1, and TA starters - so there's actually a decent number of ways to set this up with out losing an unreasonable amount of damage. You can even keep looping this if you're near a bgb - it's probably even pretty easy to come up with a side switch combo to keep you near the background bounce

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
This is not new but thanks for sharing for those who didn't know. In injustice 1 he used to get this off MB tackle in the corner but the hit advantage or the splat on knock down was reduced in i2.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
He needs a hard knockdown that is special cancelable. And mid command grab and some recovery shaved off of TA after launch and his cancels to be a hit confirming tool but only one cancel per combo.

Damn this is super OP. I was just talkin to some folks last week that felt Borg was Oscar swag (garbage lol), but look-ee look-ee! Good ish REO!!!!

Even if the launch fails, you can still b2 3 1 they a** for continued pressure (+ 5) or into throw. Really adds a few layers to the mind game.

One question I did have (since this is kinda around launchers anyway) is does Borg have any other launchers that can full combo? So far, I think b1 2 xx db3.mb works, but that requires God like reactions and I'm not there yet. Was trying to see if something like 1 2 b2 could be an option. Really, I'm just looking for a move that can work no matter what...like a ghetto option select. Requiring some reaction, but for the most part always goes into BnB on hit. Does he even have anything like that?

Damn this is super OP. I was just talkin to some folks last week that felt Borg was Oscar swag (garbage lol), but look-ee look-ee! Good ish REO!!!!

Even if the launch fails, you can still b2 3 1 they a** for continued pressure (+ 5) or into throw. Really adds a few layers to the mind game.

One question I did have (since this is kinda around launchers anyway) is does Borg have any other launchers that can full combo? So far, I think b1 2 xx db3.mb works, but that requires God like reactions and I'm not there yet. Was trying to see if something like 1 2 b2 could be an option. Really, I'm just looking for a move that can work no matter what...like a ghetto option select. Requiring some reaction, but for the most part always goes into BnB on hit. Does he even have anything like that?
Cyborg's go to punisher and launder is 12b2 into PF. Reason being is that it is very easy to hit confirm (this means you can see whether it connects or not, then follow up with PF). If you input 12b2 and it hits, you can see it land and follow with PF. If it doesn't, you can just follow up with Sonic disruptor, or even bounce cancel after the string to catch them counterpoking (Prettyflocko does this a lot).

If you have any other questions, let me know :)

Another thing I'm struggling with is using specials like fbs or fb cancel to keep myself safe. What's the best string to cancel with that's easy to see and safe if you decide to cancel back dash out?

Another thing I'm struggling with is using specials like fbs or fb cancel to keep myself safe. What's the best string to cancel with that's easy to see and safe if you decide to cancel back dash out?
Just went into practice mode (as someone feel free to fact check me on this) but his safe cancels are 113, b123, and standing 3. This means from these strings, you can cancel NB and dash forward and be able to block in time vs. a 6 frame d1.

So to answer you question 113 and b123 would be the easiest to hit confirm if they are hit or not. For example dial 113 then do NB but hold the 1 afterward. If you see it land, cancel it forward. Same for b123.

As for backdashing, unless your opponent has an advancing reversal (like firestorm's torpedo move) that is really fast, most of his cancels into backdash are relatively safe. The most common scenario you'll face when doing NB/SD cancels with Cyborg is that the opponent will either:

• mash out d1 or sweep
  • MBB3
  • reversal throw
Since Cyborg isn't plus on any of his cancels (rip injustice 1 Cyborg), these are actually legitimate counter pokes. However, you can blow up pokes by doing a delayed NB (and then your +1, highly risky though if blocked), a delayed SD, dash in MBF3, or do a bounce cancel. For example I like to sometimes throw out b12 bounce cancel. B12 cancelled in NB is not safe, so most tend to mash d1. If they do, then the bounce cancel will tag them most of the time. It also beats the reversal throw option as well.

Just went into practice mode (as someone feel free to fact check me on this) but his safe cancels are 113, b123, and standing 3. This means from these strings, you can cancel NB and dash forward and be able to block in time vs. a 6 frame d1.

So to answer you question 113 and b123 would be the easiest to hit confirm if they are hit or not. For example dial 113 then do NB but hold the 1 afterward. If you see it land, cancel it forward. Same for b123.

As for backdashing, unless your opponent has an advancing reversal (like firestorm's torpedo move) that is really fast, most of his cancels into backdash are relatively safe. The most common scenario you'll face when doing NB/SD cancels with Cyborg is that the opponent will either:

• mash out d1 or sweep
  • MBB3
  • reversal throw
Since Cyborg isn't plus on any of his cancels (rip injustice 1 Cyborg), these are actually legitimate counter pokes. However, you can blow up pokes by doing a delayed NB (and then your +1, highly risky though if blocked), a delayed SD, dash in MBF3, or do a bounce cancel. For example I like to sometimes throw out b12 bounce cancel. B12 cancelled in NB is not safe, so most tend to mash d1. If they do, then the bounce cancel will tag them most of the time. It also beats the reversal throw option as well.
Thanks for the advice here bro! It appears I've been missing out on 113!! It's actually pretty easy to hit confirm once you get used to seeing the string. The 3 in that string actually takes Cyborg into a sort of low profile animation which allows you time to buffer db and safely choose either bd3.mb or db2.mb into f2 TA.

Still tinkering here, but I wonder if a good strat would be go to always cancel into grapple if they block instead of doing the NB cancel? The startup is crazy good and it's almost like a guaranteed full screen (with easy eyeballs for mb roll). However, I do notice that mb roll meets me on the way down, so for example, Adam players are gonna always d2 me into full combo. Anyone figure out some good grapple tech outside of what Ketchup posted towards the beginning of the game release? I feel like if I could figure out something with this super mobile move I may be able so save some damage here or there....it adds up.

Also had a question on mid range neutral game. I can't seem to find a move outside of f22 that's actually a good meaty with range to stuff low profiling moves (especially fast d1 poke outs like Adam's). Any advice to where the ideal spacing is for the neutral?