What's new

Cyborg - Launching 50-50 Mix-Up & Set-Up

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: ProbablyMinus
But how are you getting the Target acquired out do you just do it raw cause the start up isn't good .

Or do you do it off of a hard knock down but most of his hard knockdowns push the opponent away. I only see this viable in the corner but people disrespect cyborg you'd have to block and the recovery is too many frames, youd have t walk forward hoping they don't wu. The only midscreen combo viable for this is below:

starter xx mb powerfist xx f2 into TA then you'd have to move close and probably do standing 1 into d3

But his best option after HKD is behind low drone.

Cyborg 50/50 conceptualization into full combos. You can also create similar situations with the Land Drone character power trait.

Can you post a clip of it working online against an opponent?

Last edited:

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
But how are you getting the Target acquired out do you just do it raw cause the start up isn't good .

Or do you do it off of a hard knock down but most of his hard knockdowns push the opponent away. I only see this viable in the corner but people disrespect cyborg you'd have to block and the recovery is too much his best option after HKD is behind low drone.

Can you post a clip of it working online against an opponent?
You can use this after the hard-knockdown of a background bounce

HiddenSelectCounterPick

no gap in 11 my guy the TA(Target Acquired) will hit you right after the 11 and has about 100f of block adv. If they block it then do a batman j2 crossup cause they will still be in block frames.
Can this not just be messed up by backdashing after 11? What about the options post-block if they block the setup?

Last edited:

4x4lo8o

Noob
no gap in 11 my guy the TA(Target Acquired) will hit you right after the 11 and has about 100f of block adv. If they block it then do a batman j2 crossup cause they will still be in block frames.
In the video the TA is hitting after the last hit of the string (otherwise it wouldnt launch, the 2 would splat them), which means it's not preventing them from back dashing the gap in 112. I also feel like the sweep is probably react-able, but maybe not.
It's positive on block though and should be safe even if they backdash. I don't see any reason that this isn't a solid tool if you can get TA out and they're respecting it

Last edited:

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I never claimed there was a gap in 11, I'm talking about backdashing after it. The TA doesn't hit until after the sweep or 2 so there's a gap to backdash it.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
^

Try the setup and set the bot to reversal backdash
That only covers reversal backdash, there's more than just that one frame to backdash. Plus reversal backdash could be too early and could cause you to get hit by something you wouldn't by timing your backdash later. If I was able to test this myself right now I would, or else I wouldn't be asking lol

HiddenSelectCounterPick

I never claimed there was a gap in 11, I'm talking about backdashing after it. The TA doesn't hit until after the sweep or 2 so there's a gap to backdash it.
I'm not home so I cant test it

-okay you backdash, the TA could still hit you/that depend on where we shoot it we control it we can put it behind you and you can even backdash right into it and get hit by the TA -

You don't have to use the string in the video you can use a meaty b12 then you're not going anywhere then the TA hits or you block it then cyborg is advantageous

Its not like its going to be a bnb its gonna be a set up that we can throw in the mix with his multitude of setups, its just about conditioning your opponent and once you do throw this in.

This is still great we can choose where the TA lands

Last edited:

4x4lo8o

Noob
Ok, so I'm finally in practice mode with this so I'll clear some things up.
If blocked the 112 setup leaves you at around +20. The 11, d3 setup leaves you about neutral

You can back dash after the 11, but in most cases the back dash gets blown up by the target acquired for a punish. In at least some cases it's possible to back dash - I didn't test thoroughly but it probably depends on both the character and the exact timing of the set up. A reversal back dash seems to get blown up pretty much every time(I had the Black Canary bot get out once, but every other time I tried it she got caught), it seems like a slightly delayed back dash can get you out more often, but that's pretty hard.

I also no longer think the d3 is react-able. It sounded unbelievable at first, but after looking at it I think this is definitely an actual 50/50.

The biggest drawback with this is that you have to be right in their face when you put TA out. You have to 11 pretty much immediately to get it to work right, so you can't even take a couple steps forward after firing the missiles. Obviously there aren't a lot of situations where you can safely pull that off, but other than that this is a pretty sick set up. Definitely learning this and adding it to my game

Thanks REO

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Ok, so I'm finally in practice mode with this so I'll clear some things up.
If blocked the 112 setup leaves you at around +20. The 11, d3 setup leaves you about neutral

You can back dash after the 11, but in most cases the back dash gets blown up by the target acquired for a punish. In at least some cases it's possible to back dash - I didn't test thoroughly but it probably depends on both the character and the exact timing of the set up. A reversal back dash seems to get blown up pretty much every time(I had the Black Canary bot get out once, but every other time I tried it she got caught), it seems like a slightly delayed back dash can get you out more often, but that's pretty hard.

I also no longer think the d3 is react-able. It sounded unbelievable at first, but after looking at it I think this is definitely an actual 50/50.

The biggest drawback with this is that you have to be right in their face when you put TA out. You have to 11 pretty much immediately to get it to work right, so you can't even take a couple steps forward after firing the missiles. Obviously there aren't a lot of situations where you can safely pull that off, but other than that this is a pretty sick set up. Definitely learning this and adding it to my game

Thanks REO
B3 WALK FWD F3 TA-11

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Right, just saying that the 11 oh/low set up wont work there
I bet I could get it on you in a match. Tell reo that, it was news to me and its viable.

Like I said above you can aim the TA behind you then you will get hit know what the character can do before you comment , you can only tech roll backward so your comment is still invalid.

4x4lo8o

Noob
I bet I could get it on you in a match. Tell reo that, it was news to me and its viable.

Like I said above you can aim the TA behind you then you will get hit know what the character can do before you comment , you can only tech roll backward so your comment is still invalid.
He just pointed out that its possible to tech roll and safely avoid the 50/50 in that situation, no reason to get heated man

Last edited:

Wetdoba

All too easy...

If you put the missle behind to catch roll though then you arent doing the overhead low set up anymore you are just reading a tech roll. I never said the set up was bad, I was just clarifying that B3 F3 is not a hkd so on top of wake up it allows for tech rolling out. I agree that this set up is best used of back ground bounce but cyborg using background bounces means you are dropping lot of your damage early for the set up (cyborg isnt full comboing you often so usually will opt for damage off a bgb). So probably not worth the reset attempt off bgb unless you are trying to keep it unclashable or you spend a meter before hand and already have some damage such as 12b2xxDB2 mb, forward dash, D2 xx bgb, set up

HiddenSelectCounterPick

If you put the missle behind to catch roll though then you arent doing the overhead low set up anymore you are just reading a tech roll. I never said the set up was bad, I was just clarifying that B3 F3 is not a hkd so on top of wake up it allows for tech rolling out. I agree that this set up is best used of back ground bounce but cyborg using background bounces means you are dropping lot of your damage early for the set up (cyborg isnt full comboing you often so usually will opt for damage off a bgb). So probably not worth the reset attempt off bgb unless you are trying to keep it unclashable or you spend a meter before hand and already have some damage such as 12b2xxDB2 mb, forward dash, D2 xx bgb, set up
Its just another set up like I also said before its new to me, it is still is a set up if they respect it not everyone on i2 knows what TYM is, but you're right in everything you said above, BUT IF YOU WERE ON XBOX ID GIVE YOU THE WORK WITH CYBORG ALL THAT TALK FROM BEHIND THE KEYBOARD SEE ME ON THE STICKS:DOGE