What's new

General/Other Cyborg IANB Nerf

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Alright,

So according to the patch notes NRS dealt with Cyborgs infinite by making the air fireballs hit high, rather than medium. This mean even large characters such as dooms day and Lex can duck under them. It is okay it had to go lol. Regular Nova Blaster still hits medium though.

-Personally I think this is a much smarter/better alternative nerf than changing the block stun, or recovery frames of the IAFB. This fix is much more viable and really does not maul him all that much. This means we can still fire them off like crazy spamming hoes!

-This will also make the usage of his missiles durring zoning more important to implement as this will keep them from duck walking. His core mechanics are all still intact,it just brings out more of the character. Always a good thing to bring out a characters tools.

-I think Cyborg is still A+/S tier...but this makes some of his bad matches a bit worse and most of his good matches a solid 5-5 or 6-4 his favor.

Your thoughts? How do you think this will affect his gameplay overall? Should he get somes other mild buffs?

DISCUSS

Alright,

So according to the patch notes NRS dealt with Cyborgs infinite by making the air fireballs hit high, rather than medium. This mean even large characters such as dooms day and Lex can duck under them. It is okay it had to go lol. Regular Nova Blaster still hits medium though.

-Personally I think this is a much smarter/better alternative nerf than changing the block stun, or recovery frames of the IAFB. This means we can still fire them off like crazy!

-This will also make the usage of his missiles durring zoning more important to implement as this will keep them from duck walking. Always a good thing to bring out a characters tools.

-I think Cyborg is still A+/S tier...but this makes some of his bad matches a bit worse and most of his good matches a solid 5-5 or 6-4 his favor.

Your thoughts? How do you think this will affect his gameplay overall? Should he get somes other mild buffs?

DISCUSS
You will still play him like you did Kabal.

SPAMMER!

:p

Kibaris

Noob
This is more of a workaround than a nerf and I prefer this over the frame nerf. With the frame nerf they would shutdown his zoning game completely in which he relies...

Jun_Dp101

Don't mess with the bess
it eliminates brain dead zoning, mix in a few ground fireballs, dash throws and b3s not to mention interactables that send them full screen on hit. Zoners have it so good in this lol. It also means characters like lex have a fighting chance vs him now

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
To the people that don't play cyborg they wont notice a difference because they called everything the infinite that involved him doing iagb. He is still able to fill the screen with shit, this fix was perfect bravo NRS.

People will still call it brain dead and we will get just as much hate as before!!! :D

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Alright,

-Personally I think this is a much smarter/better alternative nerf than changing the block stun, or recovery frames of the IAFB. This fix is much more viable and really does not maul him all that much. This means we can still fire them off like crazy spamming hoes!

-This will also make the usage of his missiles durring zoning more important to implement as this will keep them from duck walking. His core mechanics are all still intact,it just brings out more of the character. Always a good thing to bring out a characters tools.

DISCUSS
I agree with all of this, it was a good move and Cyborg is still going to be very solid.

mekane

Noob
has anyone tested this out, i'm curious how they programmed this in, i hope that the window to input the iafb and hit someone standing isn't a smaller window...

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
has anyone tested this out, i'm curious how they programmed this in, i hope that the window to input the iafb and hit someone standing isn't a smaller window...

I just tried it briefly, but everything seems the same only change is they can duck it now regardless of how low you can perform it.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I dig they kept in IAFB without leaving in block infinites. IAFB is cool on its own as a tool, but infinites aren't cool ever. Now he gets to keep the tool but in an honest manner. I'm cool with this solution. VERY cool with it.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
i think they changed cyborg perfectly with the IANB change,
took away the broken shit without killing the char.
well done to NRS on that

Wyde

Can't decide on a character
That nerf alone made me give the character a second chance at trying out his toolset, so I'm happy such a sensible change came about.