What's new

Question Cyborg IANB - How to?

Brrm

Noob
I've tried to practice this but I'm not sure exactly what approach I should take. On the xbox pad what I do is just swipe from up to left to right on the dpad and I get them very inconsistently. I've tried sliding like that on the ps triple pad but it hurts the fingers quite a bit. I played around with pressing up, then sliding from left to right. and also with pressing up, left, and right all individually without sliding. What is the most advised approach? I haven't had much success with any of these tactics, the most ive gotten was probably 3 or 4 IANB in a row and then 12 counts of whiffing J1.

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
It is a lot easier to do with alternate controls off, but you might be already using normal controls? If so, then I would just have to say practice until you get it, or buy a stick. There isn't much of a trick to it, but it seems you can go from back->down->down forward and it works, but that's just me talking from the feel of doing them.

Chrishaspads

Name isn't Chris, Doesn't have pads
so much easier with alternate controls off i just switched thank goodness i probably will never use it though and did you get it?

You buffer the motion early and just do it quick with a light touch. Not too difficult to get to a height that hits standing

Rabbit

thugs bunny
I've tried to practice this but I'm not sure exactly what approach I should take. On the xbox pad what I do is just swipe from up to left to right on the dpad and I get them very inconsistently. I've tried sliding like that on the ps triple pad but it hurts the fingers quite a bit. I played around with pressing up, then sliding from left to right. and also with pressing up, left, and right all individually without sliding. What is the most advised approach? I haven't had much success with any of these tactics, the most ive gotten was probably 3 or 4 IANB in a row and then 12 counts of whiffing J1.
The inputs in this game are not as lenient compared to games like MK9 or SF4.
If you get an accidental down or up before hitting forward it won't come out and you can't input up/back, up/back, forward.

Easiest way for me if playing on pad is to rest my thumb on up, roll from back to forward + 1, soon as cyborg hits the ground roll thumb back to forward then press 1 soon as he jumps again.

I use visual and audio clues to know when to start buffering which is why I can get it lower and much more consistent offline on a 2-5ms monitor

Online is a different game.

Chrishaspads

Name isn't Chris, Doesn't have pads
I use visual and audio clues to know when to start buffering which is why I can get it lower and much more consistent offline on a 2-5ms monitor

Online is a different game.
Nice! i just look at my opponent the whole time and i can see cyborg land from the corner of my eye :b