What's new

Cyborg cast in Batman Vs Superman

Wow, i'm amazed by the MoS hate. I thought it was pretty fuckin good other than Amy Adams being cast as Lois. That was a fucking horrendous choice. Zod was super fucking awesome, Superman had his moments, Jor-Ell was done perfectly, I don't really get the hate. Personally I can't wait for MoS 2, and I hope it takes some notes from Arrow.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
The key to enjoying any comic book based film is simple, STOP THINKING ABOUT THE BOOK!!!! The movie is another interpretation of the original source material. Such as everyone said the 1st Wolverine (I'm not saying it was a the best film of all) film was really bad, but many of those that were bashing the film, due to the changes and alterations of the source material, granted as much as I hated what it did to Deadpool in all the movie itself wasn't unwatchable and if you threw out the fact that its based on a comic book, it does stand on its own legs.
I'd also add that it works pretty much for any adaptation, not just comic books, obviously. Kinda helps that I've rarely ever seen some adaptation after source material, and I must say that this way movie can't rely on the fact it's about someone's favorite character and whatnot. Gotta stand on its own legs, as you've said, and the problem is that pretty much superhero format itself makes works quite shaky, especially if the basis - the human story, so to say - is inevitable sacrificed to allow more action scenes and other "awesome stuff" and whatnot.

I guess that a single movie must try freaking hard to achieve everything within its time and other constraints. It's up to us to decide whether that means we should accept what we get for the best it was possible to do or decide that it's just a recipe for a problem and move on.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
I'd also add that it works pretty much for any adaptation, not just comic books, obviously. Kinda helps that I've rarely ever seen some adaptation after source material, and I must say that this way movie can't rely on the fact it's about someone's favorite character and whatnot. Gotta stand on its own legs, as you've said, and the problem is that pretty much superhero format itself makes works quite shaky, especially if the basis - the human story, so to say - is inevitable sacrificed to allow more action scenes and other "awesome stuff" and whatnot.

I guess that a single movie must try freaking hard to achieve everything within its time and other constraints. It's up to us to decide whether that means we should accept what we get for the best it was possible to do or decide that it's just a recipe for a problem and move on.
Thats pretty much how it is, now I will say the movie makers can't just completely shit on the source material, an adaption has to maintain the spirit of the source material, but just bring it to life in a new that the original can't achieve. Granted there will be things that just cannot be done in a film or would look absolutely silly in film, such as Wolverine's Yellow suit or Electro's crazy lightninng bolt hat. It just has to maintain the spirit of its source. If you want a really good example of killing the source read the original concept of the Twilight films, it literally had nothing to do with books except for names and title,sadly it would have been a better movie.