What's new

Cyborg Buff Wish List

da800don

Noob
Wassup dudes. Just wondering about your opinion on Cyborg at this point. Does Cyborg need a legitimate buff in this game currently? If not, please explain. If yes, explain why and what would be the solution.

I guess Ill go first.

Yes, I do think Cyborg needs a buff. I struggle with whiff punishing people. Maybe thats a personal thing, but I feel that the B123 and/or 23 isnt efficient. Why? Cyborg is built to either be in your face (stubby normals) or nova blasting your butt. So a whiff punish that hits high and/or has a stubby starting mid (23) isnt cutting it.

D

Deleted member 58466

Wassup dudes. Just wondering about your opinion on Cyborg at this point. Does Cyborg need a legitimate buff in this game currently? If not, please explain. If yes, explain why and what would be the solution.

I guess Ill go first.

Yes, I do think Cyborg needs a buff. I struggle with whiff punishing people. Maybe thats a personal thing, but I feel that the B123 and/or 23 isnt efficient. Why? Cyborg is built to either be in your face (stubby normals) or nova blasting your butt. So a whiff punish that hits high and/or has a stubby starting mid (23) isnt cutting it.
Yea whiff punishing is difficult, usually I just trait in their face ( if they keep whiffing the same strings ) , or use a special move ( nova blast and sweep ). F2 is also good, but still a bit stubby and slow.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
The big problem I see for Cyborg is that he has almost no mixup potential. Against a solid opponent who knows how to block, damage can be hard to come by. He has some nice plus on block strings and normals, so he can get plenty of situations with plus frames, but converting those plus frames into damage is rare. Most of the time the opponent can just block low and react to overhead.

I'd like to see his Command Grab turned into a Mid and become more of a threat. Make it more of a mental game for opponents to decide whether to keep blocking or risk eating a throw.

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
Personally id just want three buffs for cyborg if we were to get them

1) armor for longer on his grappling hook (you get hit out of it all the time)

2) sonic disruptor to be plus or even neutral on block (i dont see why its negative 2)

3) 12b2 to connect into a bgb itd just get him more damage off a punish if there happens to be a bgb

thats it honestly id be content with two of the three tbh but its a wishlist so go big or go home

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
2) sonic disruptor to be plus or even neutral on block (i dont see why its negative 2)
If it's plus on block it could end up being pretty OP, depending on how safe you can cancel into it out of normals and specials. If it was +2 (or something similar) I'd think there'd be too many ways to jail with it. -2 isn't that bad, especially with the pushback. Seems like Cyborg ends up fairly close to neutral after a blocked SD.

I'd love for #1.

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
If it's plus on block it could end up being pretty OP, depending on how safe you can cancel into it out of normals and specials. If it was +2 (or something similar) I'd think there'd be too many ways to jail with it. -2 isn't that bad, especially with the pushback. Seems like Cyborg ends up fairly close to neutral after a blocked SD.

I'd love for #1.
SD was +2 in Injustice 1 and it wasn't really considered OP. I'm not saying that I do/don't think it should be changed, I'm just saying

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
SD was +2 in Injustice 1 and it wasn't really considered OP. I'm not saying that I do/don't think it should be changed, I'm just saying
It could be fine. If they made that buff I certainly wouldn't complain. Just my first reaction to thinking about it. I'm far from an expert on any of these things.

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
With it being +2 it wouldn't be bad you'd be able to check with a d1 or a standing 2 only once. D1 disruptor is interruptible and 2 is 9 frames so anything 7 games or quicker would beat that out. I don't think itd be op at all just a way to check the opponent

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
The big problem I see for Cyborg is that he has almost no mixup potential. Against a solid opponent who knows how to block, damage can be hard to come by. He has some nice plus on block strings and normals, so he can get plenty of situations with plus frames, but converting those plus frames into damage is rare. Most of the time the opponent can just block low and react to overhead.

I'd like to see his Command Grab turned into a Mid and become more of a threat. Make it more of a mental game for opponents to decide whether to keep blocking or risk eating a throw.
Let's be cheeky and make it a overhead. Also make low Roomba hit low. Make 113 MB string to launch for a combo. Or a MB ta. Or allow him to change sonic disrupter and store it and if it hits(SONIC BOOM!) it launches for a b3 or like enchantress mb hex. On Block it's plus 3. Or idk it's a lot of things that they can do I mean they did give him Strykers db4 as his new low lol but yeah buff cyborg. I'm still waiting for my nova blast cancel combos kappa.

da800don

Noob
Some nice options right there.

On a side note, I beat a decent catwoman today in ranked, 5 games, 3-2. Wanna know how I won? Im ashamed to say this. I grappled and nova blast chipped her to death. Is this the only way Cyborg can defeat dangerous opponents, grappling and chipping people? Its like even though I won, I had to be a coward basically. IDK

Back to the topic, 113MB would be the best thing in the world. Pop them up with the same gravity strength as a TA and go to work.
Let's be cheeky and make it a overhead. Also make low Roomba hit low. Make 113 MB string to launch for a combo. Or a MB ta. Or allow him to change sonic disrupter and store it and if it hits(SONIC BOOM!) it launches for a b3 or like enchantress mb hex. On Block it's plus 3. Or idk it's a lot of things that they can do I mean they did give him Strykers db4 as his new low lol but yeah buff cyborg. I'm still waiting for my nova blast cancel combos kappa.

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
On a side note, I beat a decent catwoman today in ranked, 5 games, 3-2. Wanna know how I won? Im ashamed to say this. I grappled and nova blast chipped her to death. Is this the only way Cyborg can defeat dangerous opponents, grappling and chipping people? Its like even though I won, I had to be a coward basically.
What am I reading....

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
- Reduce the start up of trait and Target Acquired by half, risk/reward seems way out of whack here

- Make command grab a mid, virtually useless right now

- More consistent armor on grapple, gets knocked of this way too much

- Bigger hitbox on 2nd part of b12, whiffing this string and not getting the full b123 kills me on the inside

On a side note, I beat a decent catwoman today in ranked, 5 games, 3-2. Wanna know how I won? Im ashamed to say this. I grappled and nova blast chipped her to death. Is this the only way Cyborg can defeat dangerous opponents, grappling and chipping people? Its like even though I won, I had to be a coward basically. IDK
This is literally how I get 90% of my wins and IDGAF. You should enjoy any victory with Victor.