What's new

Cyborg Balance Patch Wish list

These threads have been popping up around other character forums and I think Cyborg needs one too. What does everyone want to see in the likely post-evo patch?

Things I'd like to see:

- D1 comes out in 6 frames.
- TA comes out a few frames faster. I am okay with it remaining a mid.
- Trait cool down is lessened slightly.
- A few plus frames to certain NB dash cancels.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Interesting changes. I think pokes that are 6f shouldn't be -2 (-5 at the least), it just reminds me too much of MKX.

I'd like it if you could press 'down, down' to cancel Sonic Disruptor rather than dash cancelling - it'd need to be negative though when cancelled from pretty much everything (ideally safe-ish too, from his better strings). Ontop of that if I had the power to change something of Cyborg it would be to reduce the startup of his Up Nova Blaster to be like 7 or 8 frames rather than 12. Originally my thought was to have Power Fist at that sort of startup so it could be like a DP but Up Fireball is obviously designed as his anti air special so it'd suck if that didn't get love either way some love to his anti air game would be nice.

I wouldn't want to see a million changes at once so I won't post any other ideas I had. Couple anti air buffs should be suffiicent for the time being I think.

I'd honestly would love him to have an actual invincible DP, but that might be asking for too much haha. I wish it was a gear move though :(

I'd also probably trade any other potential buffs to make techno tackle a legit command grab, but I feel like it's destined to remain a kind of useless move.

esc1

95% of TYM discussion: "It's fine"
Faster tackle.. its in animation forever.. you might as well hump your opponents leg a couple times before it hits
Faster d1 or d2
*edit.. meant tackle, not TA.. although I think TA could come out a little faster if its going to be blockable :)

Last edited:

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
no changes to T.A. time to hit please, his pressure is really nice with its current timing.

he needs better AA

a wake up would be excellent, techno tackle has a bunch of problems even before not being properly invicible - so just make it invincible. Nothing ridiculous, just means hes not totally free.

trait cooldown reduced would be a nice way to tone him up just a little as well. Its really long :(

PANDA

*Supreme Member*
- db2 on wake-up needs to be invincible.

- grapple input need to be changed to something else. Always get grapple to come out accidentally when i'm crouch blocking then jumping in.

PANDA

*Supreme Member*
Cyborg's neutral one of the worst in game, if not THE worst. Give him something...pls Paulo!

>_<

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Cyborg's neutral one of the worst in game, if not THE worst. Give him something...pls Paulo!

>_<
hmmm like an excellent mid hitting high damage projectile, a downwards air projectile, an excellent jump in, good walkspeed and a decently fast advancing mid? his neutral really isn't lacking that much tbh, hitconfirming F2 for safe combo's would give him an excellent neutral but as it stands its still good and a decent whiff punisher

Am I the only one who thinks Cyborg's wakeup game should suck? He arguably has some of the best space control in the game as far as air and ground attacks are concerned. I honestly feel zoners should have a relatively weak wakeup game. Maybe have sonic disrupter be an invincible wakeup up, but make it non-cancallbe so he doesn't have a flash parry.

I know after the patch, the top tiers will be toned down, but I'm not sure what I'd would give him to be honest. His 3/4ths game is good, way better than injustice 1. I know he needs something, just not sure what. A lot think he's straight trash, but I really don't feel that way at all.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Am I the only one who thinks Cyborg's wakeup game should suck? He arguably has some of the best space control in the game as far as air and ground attacks are concerned. I honestly feel zoners should have a relatively weak wakeup game. Maybe have sonic disrupter be an invincible wakeup up, but make it non-cancallbe so he doesn't have a flash parry.

I know after the patch, the top tiers will be toned down, but I'm not sure what I'd would give him to be honest. His 3/4ths game is good, way better than injustice 1. I know he needs something, just not sure what. A lot think he's straight trash, but I really don't feel that way at all.
I agree with you that he isn't bad, but I still think he could use a wakeup.

Lanqu

Noob
What I would like to see:
  1. Tackle should have more range to theaten opponent hold back button
  2. It should become invincible as wake up
  3. It should fly over low hitting attacks or maybe even some of mid
  4. I'd like to see meterless tackle leaving cyborg upclose to opponent. Let him have some sort of mixup between slow f3 and tackle...
  5. His f2 and b1 shouldn't be low profiled that easy. And 23 nrs pls.
  6. I agree with sonic being cancellable with dd input
  7. I'd like to see some damagable conversions midscreen, because the only way to open opponent up close is a read. And reads doesn't bring much value here - no damage, no corner carry
  8. Some applications ever for d3??
  9. A bit less recovery on d2 to allow easier conversion of AA (with sonic cancel it would be even cool position reverse)
  10. Not sure about d1 being 6 frames, but that would bring him to top10 tier so whatever, would be nice

There's only 2 things i would like to see changed for cyborg.

1. Something needs to be changed about his wake up. His command throw being semi-inv and a high is really hurting compared to the rest of the cast. I dont know what would be the right direction to fix this, since i also agree that knocking cyborg down should be a disadvantage, but command grab is free.

2. Cyborg's ground fireball from MB db1 has a different hitbox than his normal ground fireball (bf1). I dont have a whole list for who it whiffs on, but i can say its half the cast when used up close. It's annoying if i wanted to make the opponent hold plus frames from use of my meter and his ground fireball is whiffing, despite that character not having a low profile/hitbox.
Example is if i was to do b12 MBdb1. Normally, the air/1st fireball whiff, and the ground/2nd fireball hits.
Against a character like aquaman or black adam, both are whiffing and Cyborg gets d1 punished.

Rager Da Prince

I can't help my Fiction addiction.
I wouldn't mind seeing a closer ground bonce on mb powerfist.
What I really want is a hard knockdown on at least one string.

Carl

Noob
After playing this character for over a month i have some buff recommendations.

1. A 6f d2 would be really helpful to catch cross ups and would serve as a good aa.

2. Would like to see an improvement in his wakeup as i feel 99% its useless.

3. Dd3 input can be meter burned to lock onto 3 locations instead of 1.

4. Less cool down on trait.

5. Bf1 mb not been a true mid needs fixing.

These are my suggestions of what i think would be good for him.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
6f d1 but -4 on block.
Extended range by enlarging his hand on b1, b12, d2 and second hit 23.
Make grapple input db3/df3.
Right now he's mid low tier imo. I think these small changes would bump him up to mid or mid high.