What's new

Tech Cyborg 12b2 Mixups (AA & "reset")

st9rm

viennality.com
Hey there
i think this would be a good idea talking about the 12b2 string (since theres a 113 (boom cancel) string thread already)

been experimenting with cyborg lately, especially with his 12b2 string which can be followed up by any special.
it's great, since the second hit is a low and it has a 6 frame started
anyway, i've made 2 videos showcasing whats possible after hitting them with the string(opponent is blocking high) and following up into the "target aquired"
also, they try to jump out and you make a correct read, you can aa them with the power fist, resulting in some decent damage

i know that the damage output can be increased immensly (dropped the combo) and that the b2 target aquired reset is know

just enjoy and leave your thoughts anyway regarding the 12b2 string

AA:
Mixup:

SeanEXE

"Normalized"
I'm pretty sure there might be a way out of this via push block or armor but I'm not sure. I'll test it later. I really hope I'm wrong lol.

Tyram

Noob
im probably a true dumb ass for asking this but can someone please explain to me the language used in here as far as directions?

I come from a street fighter/MVC2 background so the whole 123 thing is very new to me.

sorry for asking such a dumb question from a noob like me. it would just really help me out.

st9rm

viennality.com
I'm pretty sure there might be a way out of this via push block or armor but I'm not sure. I'll test it later. I really hope I'm wrong lol.
only way to escape the aa combo, is to wager
the target aquired setup can be escaped if they dont sit/stand there blocking the string :/

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
im probably a true dumb ass for asking this but can someone please explain to me the language used in here as far as directions?

I come from a street fighter/MVC2 background so the whole 123 thing is very new to me.

sorry for asking such a dumb question from a noob like me. it would just really help me out.
Not a dumb question at all. A lot of this stuff you won't know unless you ask. Most people around here are nice enough to answer without being dick heads about it. So don't be afraid to ask if you don't understand something. 1,2,3, and 4 are just used as universal annotation for the face buttons, so it will be the same on either console. st9rm nailed it.

Just think of it as 1=Light, 2=Medium, 3=Heavy, 4=Trait! Over!

SeanEXE

"Normalized"
Hey there
i think this would be a good idea talking about the 12b2 string (since theres a 113 (boom cancel) string thread already)

been experimenting with cyborg lately, especially with his 12b2 string which can be followed up by any special.
it's great, since the second hit is a low and it has a 6 frame started
anyway, i've made 2 videos showcasing whats possible after hitting them with the string(opponent is blocking high) and following up into the "target aquired"
also, they try to jump out and you make a correct read, you can aa them with the power fist, resulting in some decent damage

i know that the damage output can be increased immensly (dropped the combo) and that the b2 target aquired reset is know

just enjoy and leave your thoughts anyway regarding the 12b2 string
It's good for pressure but its not guaranteed. If you try to beat there jump in with a preemptive jump medium or an uppercut, they can either walk forward and block or they back dash and block high.

st9rm

viennality.com
that might be yeh, am still experimenting with the string, what follow ups are good etc.

anybody else experiencing troubles hitting it online?
whenever i try a jump in and do the 12b2 string, somehow only the 2 (knee) comes out :S

SeanEXE

"Normalized"
that might be yeh, am still experimenting with the string, what follow ups are good etc.

anybody else experiencing troubles hitting it online?
whenever i try a jump in and do the 12b2 string, somehow only the 2 (knee) comes out :S
The reason your getting the knee is because your doing the inputs too fast. Your 1 in the beginning of the string won't register. Try slowing down your inputs.

st9rm

viennality.com
The reason your getting the knee is because your doing the inputs too fast. Your 1 in the beginning of the string won't register. Try slowing down your inputs.
thanks, that seemed to solve the problem, eventhough i havent been able to try it out online yet
Whats the advantage on block for the sctring ?
its +5 on hit and -2 on block, they have to block the 2nd hit low though

st9rm

viennality.com
here are some new mixups starting with the 12b2 string
if they decide not to block, you can full combo them with the power fist:

if they decide to block low, go for the 112 overhead knockdown string:

if they decide to jump, anti air them with an uppercut (i find this version alot easier than the version i posted earlier + the power fist version, doesnt seem to work on all of the cast, depends on how big their hitbox is):

Almost all of these videos have strings that are easily wake-up-able or escapeable. The only decent string to really catch someone is a 112 xx dd3

SeanEXE

"Normalized"
You can interrupt the second part of the string?

Sent from my SCH-R920 using Tapatalk 2
Yeah. Whenever I try to use strings other that 113 or b123 they seem to get interrupted a lot. You can probably get away with 12b2 if your playing against someone that respects you and won't push buttons through your strings but still that doesn't sound like a good idea.