What's new

Cyberpunk 2077 Mega Thread

nwo

Noob
I was planning on playing Cyberpunk on day 1, but I sold my 1080ti a few months ago for a 3080. Out of stock.....still.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I was planning on playing Cyberpunk on day 1, but I sold my 1080ti a few months ago for a 3080. Out of stock.....still.
rip you should have kept your 1080, I'm using a 1070 and it works fine.

Reactions: nwo

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
For the people that have progress fairly far into Cyberpunk 2077, how impactful is your path choice? From what I gather there's not a lot of exploration into the Nomad/Street Kid/Corpo storyline.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Yeah guys I just started another play through of Fallout 4 and it's awesome! I'm playing a melee based character for the first time and it's way more fun then using guns and....

....Oh. Oh. This isn't a thread about Fallout 4 at all.

Damn.

Digital Foundry has, of course, been putting out tech and performance videos for the game.

For those on or interested in the PC version, here you go:

For those on PlayStation 4/PlayStation 4 Pro, here you go:

For those on PlayStation 5/Xbox Series X/Xbox Series S, here you go:

For those on Xbox One/Xbox One S/Xbox One X, here you go:

The general consensus is PC is where you want the game, the better your rig, the better the game.

For console, avoid/return your copy on PlayStation 4/Xbox One/Xbox One S. If you can tolerate frames generally between 25 to 30 fps, you should be alright with PlayStation 4 Pro/Xbox One X (with the Xbox One X having a higher resolution, but extra frame dips as a result).

Overall though, for console, current generation is what you want. If you want 60 FPS but at a lower resolution, you want PlayStation 5. If you want higher resolution and better visuals, but at 30 FPS, you want the Xbox Series X. If you want a solid, locked, next to no issue 30 FPS experience, Xbox Series S.

Last edited:

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Well after playing 90 hrs, and getting the good ending (which I assume is canon by how it goes), the story, the music, the art behind the game is phenomenal, but it should have stayed in development for another year or so.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Well after playing 90 hrs, and getting the good ending (which I assume is canon by how it goes), the story, the music, the art behind the game is phenomenal, but it should have stayed in development for another year or so.
90 hours as of Saturday? Dang, that sure seems like a lot, really fast.

I've been playing on PC. The only thing that really irked me was how some key input actions weren't UI configurable. Once I found out how people were getting around that I was able to play without much trouble.

I've seen the occasional glitchy thing like someone standing in air, but more amusing stuff than anything and none of it has really bothered me. The only exception being I do get the tree glitch, which is annoying, but it's not every time, so I can "try again" with loading the game. To me, for PC, It doesn't feel far away from being better, or unfixable for the newer machines.

That said, I can't imagine trying to run something like this on a PS4. I would worry that they built something that was too big for last gen machines to handle especially given the talk that disk read speed is technically really important to how well the game runs. But then people have played a lot games at terrible frame rates on console I'd never put up with, so I'm probably a lousy judge of what is acceptable there.

I'm really glad console gamers are finally getting good read/write speeds and framerates.

Hebrew Negro

KingofBosz97 XBL
Not my favorite game ever, but I think it might be the best game I've ever played. The writing and level design is unmatched. I'm still playing my 2nd playthrough w about 90 hrs played in total.

AgentGhostrider

Time huh, Thanks for the Tip
Playing What I can on my Xbone, but I can definitely say the “Genitals Customization” was only there for Marketing Purpose

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Game has been running really well on my new Series X. Had zero bugs/freezes or anything of the sort so far.

Looking forward to the official upscaled version for Next Gen systems!

Game has been running really well on my new Series X. Had zero bugs/freezes or anything of the sort so far.

Looking forward to the official upscaled version for Next Gen systems!
Very cool, glad it's running well there. You playing in High Performance Mode or High Quality?

On an aside, you're also now one of the few people who I know that actually owns a next generation console!

Going off memory, my count is:

• Xbox Series X: 4
  • Xbox Series S: 2
  • PlayStation 5: 2
For me, I figure I'll pick up an Xbox Series X in a few years unless something comes along that I really want/need the console for.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Very cool, glad it's running well there. You playing in High Performance Mode or High Quality?

On an aside, you're also now one of the few people who I know that actually owns a next generation console!

Going off memory, my count is:

• Xbox Series X: 4
  • Xbox Series S: 2
  • PlayStation 5: 2
For me, I figure I'll pick up an Xbox Series X in a few years unless something comes along that I really want/need the console for.
I'm honestly not sure of my settings. I haven't changed them from whatever they were by default. I'll check tonight!

And I got lucky on GameStop a couple weeks ago. Had to buy a bunch of shit with it that I didn't need (3 months of Game Pass, which I already have, gift card that I didn't need and a controller I didn't need) but whatever! Happy to have one. Hopefully I'll pick up a PS5 as well when they're more readily available.

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
I've been obsessed with Cyberpunk 2077 & it's been the main games I've been playing since my retirement from fighting games. I pre-ordered it a year in advance & it's becoming one of my favourite games of all-time regardless of bugs/glitches & all the bullshit (I love Fallout New Vegas too after all). I've never had such a wow factor for a game since BioShock. I just wish it got harder, the only challenge in this game even on hard regardless of specialty is the secret ending.

I've beaten the game more than a few times with each backstory but can never 100% the game since some missions are glitched on Xbox but I got all the achievements. Also I played as a dude just once, literally just to fuck Panam & Kerry's pushing 90 year-old ass.

Also I love Judy.

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
Thought I ask my fellow Cyberpunk 2077 chooms of TYM to see if y’all are still making eddies & if y’all are liking the last few new updates?

Looks like everything is finally fine after 8 months & the first small batch of free DLC. Which I didn’t really like the new Johnny alternate skin, it made him look dumb. I liked the new car, which was based off of The Smokey & The Bandit 1977 Pontiac Trans-Am except orange.

They just need to try to add more new jobs because after beating the game 6x, there isn’t much left to do in the game outside of playing it game with different builds. Also there needs to be alternate ways to make mass amounts of eddies because scraping & selling gear gets boring really fast as most fixers don’t pay as much as they should. I think an add-on DLC similar to Gunrunner’s Arsenal from Fallout New Vegas could add some more excitement to the game.

I do still love this game as it’s quality is so high & it has only gotten better & better but the quantity of shit to do is slim. It’s the opposite of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt where the quantity in a fantasy RPG has never been bigger but the quality wasn’t there so the game was incredibly boring.

Hopefully CDPR can continue working it out & add some quality of life additions to the game on top of DLC so it can be the masterpiece that it was supposed to be.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
it had a rough launch for sure.. but like no man's sky it has had an excellent post release development. Granted I play on PC... but it is an extremely good game, now. I mean it is mind blowing how good this game is.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
it had a rough launch for sure.. but like no man's sky it has had an excellent post release development. Granted I play on PC... but it is an extremely good game, now. I mean it is mind blowing how good this game is.
It’s gotten a lot better. I’m waiting to do a replay till the last expansion comes out, as they’re going to revamp the skills system supposedly, and the first time they did that it made the game a lot more fun.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I did two full playthroughs and did all the end paths I believe. First run was at launch.
No regrets.Totally plan on playing through again

Reactions: nwo