What's new

Cyberpunk 2077 Mega Thread

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator

Everyone and their grandmother are playing this game, and as I am one of those people, let's talk about it! The good, the bad, and the extremely errotic ads.

I have it on PC, settings half on high, half on ultra and I have to say it was an incredibly smooth experience so far. Not one crash. I have encountered some small bugs, but nothing game breaking. Looking online though, that doesn't seem to be most people's experience which is sad cause it's truly one of the best RPGs I've played in a long time.

The only thing I'm a bit disappointed in is the character creator because you can't chose your body type so rip my buff V.

Feel to talk about your experience (bugs and what not), put spoilers in spoiler tags if you wanna talk story, or just post screenshots of your V!

@Mikemetroid: KEEP IT (visually) SFW!

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
This game sure is advertised a ton. Not my kind of game though, so I'll probably just appreciate it from afar.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
This is very much my kind of game, but I’m worried about the bugs I’ve been hearing about: from stuff like people walking through walls and missing their heads to game-breaking stuff. How true is that according to you guys and will I have a better experience if I wait for bug fixes to hit sometime soon?

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
This is very much my kind of game, but I’m worried about the bugs I’ve been hearing about: from stuff like people walking through walls and missing their heads to game-breaking stuff. How true is that according to you guys and will I have a better experience if I wait for bug fixes to hit sometime soon?
If you play on PS4 or Xbox one I would personally wait a few weeks, maybe a month or two. Or wait until a big patch rolls out which should be soon.

If you play on PC, as long as you have the latest Nvidia update then you should not have any game-breaking bugs. I've only encountered stuff like I saw one single NPC in T pose, I saw chopsticks floating when I was talking to an NPC once. Then, my character's parts were flopping around when I switched pants or just straight up disappearing when I look in the mirror.

Everything else like conversations, moving around, driving, shooting and fights have been pretty seamless for me.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
the game is amazing, but, the release strategy is an epic fail, lol ! so much delay for , in the end, the game come up for all plataforms with some kind of glitch , bug, technical problem etc ...... PS5 and high end pcs, ok, can run the game in decent way, with minor errors, but, the rest, is just horrible to say, hehe :p

let's see if CD Projekt Red can fix this mess, otherwise, could hurt their reputation a lot :confused:

Onryoki

We all die alone. So love yourself before you go.
I am very much interested in the game but I’m wondering if I should save for a PS5 and buy Cyberpunk along with it, or buy it for my PS4pro next week.

For those who have the game? What is the customisation mode like? I hear good and bad things about it. Also, I see a lot of gameplay in first person, is this something I can change? Or does it force me to be in first person?

xenogorgeous

I am very much interested in the game but I’m wondering if I should save for a PS5 and buy Cyberpunk along with it, or buy it for my PS4pro next week.

For those who have the game? What is the customisation mode like? I hear good and bad things about it. Also, I see a lot of gameplay in first person, is this something I can change? Or does it force me to be in first person?
  • PS4 version is a crap at the moment, so, don't waste your money on it ..... wait for the PS5 or get the PC version
  • Customization is OK, but could be MUCH better ..... kinda disapoint in some features, but, that's life, hehe
  • You go in first person all the time; very few parts in the game, you can see your character on some mirrors; you can drive on 3rd person, but is a crap camera ..... :confused:
Anyway, the photo mode of the game is truly amazing ! :D

Onryoki

• PS4 version is a crap at the moment, so, don't waste your money on it ..... wait for the PS5 or get the PC version
  • Customization is OK, but could be MUCH better ..... kinda disapoint in some features, but, that's life, hehe
  • You go in first person all the time; very few parts in the game, you can see your character on some mirrors; you can drive on 3rd person, but is a crap camera ..... :confused:
Anyway, the photo mode of the game is truly amazing ! :D
Hmm... I wish it was 3rd person, that would’ve been better imo. I like to see my characters in full when it comes to RPG’s.

xenogorgeous

Hmm... I wish it was 3rd person, that would’ve been better imo. I like to see my characters in full when it comes to RPG’s.
yep, I agree, but, nope, not for this game , hehe ..... maybe the next one, Cyberpunk 2078, in the next 10 years, hehe :DOGE

Onryoki

yep, I agree, but, nope, not for this game , hehe ..... maybe the next one, Cyberpunk 2078, in the next 10 years, hehe :DOGE
Oh well.. it’s not necessarily a game breaker to me, I’ve been waiting for this game for a long time. Only 10 years? I expect at least a 15-25 year gap with 6-7 delays.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I play on PC and I don't know if it's a bug or not, but the enemies don't have hit reactions. Like, I'll walk up to a thug and start emptying an assault rifle into their head. They'll just turn to face me and start shooting, like I'm literally shooting them with nerf ammo. Maybe the NPC's are all just so afraid of having to marry their mothers-in-law that they just refuse to flinch.

I shot a pedestrian and police started spawning in within my field of vision, like fucking Scottie from Star Trek had it out for me.

So far, the game is a pretty massive joke. And I do mean "massive". The game is huge, but none of it works lol. Giving me more turd to play through doesn't make the gameplay any less turdish.

Here's hoping mods can salvage this disaster in 6 months.

Thought of picking this up since I haven't bought a game in so long, but I guess I'll wait a few weeks for the bugs to get fixed. I'm on xbone. I'm not all that hype tho, the style seems really cool but all i ever hear about the game is genitals this, genitals that. I only have so much free time and I don't wanna spend it on middle schooler jerk material, lol.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Thought of picking this up since I haven't bought a game in so long, but I guess I'll wait a few weeks for the bugs to get fixed. I'm on xbone. I'm not all that hype tho, the style seems really cool but all i ever hear about the game is genitals this, genitals that. I only have so much free time and I don't wanna spend it on middle schooler jerk material, lol.
The "genitals" stuff has been blown way out of proportion. You can choose from 4 dicks (small or large, circumcised or not), 1 vag, I believe, and the color and type of pubes you want. Some things, like breast size, don't even work since all equipment defaults to the average size. And I keep hearing about bugs like dicks always sticking out of pants or uncircumcised dicks not flopping, but I haven't experienced that yet (especially since the game is in 1st-person).

And you do have the option to turn off nudity. However, apparently the default option is dickless. I saw someone complaining on Reddit that they had nudity off during character creation, so their dude had on shorts. But apparently 2 hours into the game, they realized their character had no dick. I guess that means he was like a Ken doll lol.

Onryoki

My character will have a big dick and he’s go’n phuck every hot guy in town idgaf. He will be the hoe I can’t afford to be irl

Last edited:

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
If you play on PS4 or Xbox one I would personally wait a few weeks, maybe a month or two. Or wait until a big patch rolls out which should be soon.

If you play on PC, as long as you have the latest Nvidia update then you should not have any game-breaking bugs. I've only encountered stuff like I saw one single NPC in T pose, I saw chopsticks floating when I was talking to an NPC once. Then, my character's parts were flopping around when I switched pants or just straight up disappearing when I look in the mirror.

Everything else like conversations, moving around, driving, shooting and fights have been pretty seamless for me.
Appreciate the info Vslayer! I think I’ll wait a tiny bit longer for some of those issues you mentioned to be fixed, but good to hear the PC version is pretty good overall

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
People, myself included, are children and were tickled by the genitals that's why it was talked about. But the customization wasn't that large or in depth and it's not really important to the gameplay itself. Unless you want to walk around naked, and look down at yourself, which hey, you can!

But the game itself is pretty amazing and the story and writing are phenomenal.