What's new

Cyberpunk 2077 Mega Thread

molambo

(X ౪ X )
That's the point. He's got stealth maxed out and hacking them to stun them.
i got the point of what he tried there but grabbing someone next to a ring where to people fight and then walk out with him has nothing to do with stealth. the ai seems to be trash in the game.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
It's not, I just don't think you understand what you're seeing. If you played the game you'd be killed instantly if you tried this with out his cyber upgrades and skill choices

It's not, I just don't think you understand what you're seeing. If you played the game you'd be killed instantly if you tried this with out his cyber upgrades and skill choices
This is true, if you don't level up or do any upgrades to your weapons and/or cyber augmentation, you will die very quickly at some point.

The AI can be better, but this goes for every game. I've seen better but also way more worse AI as Cyberpunk 2077.

That video might look easy and OP, but in reality, it isn't.

I never found Cyberpunk 2077 a bad game. It had a rough start and gameplay wise, it felt like a okay'ish game. Things that stood really out was the atmosphere, storytelling and especially the characters. It did so many things wrong, but it also did so many things good. Right now, Cyberpunk 2077 has changed so much this year, that it feels like a completely different game.

Did anyone tried out 2.0? I haven't reached PL expansion yet, because right now I take it easy. Just because of the fact that they also changed gameplay wise a lot of different things now. I don't wanna exaggerate, but I can safely say that Cyberpunk 2077 is right now one of the best games i've ever played. They changed now so much, that it feels like a completely different game. The things that Cyberpunk 2077 always did good, are still in the game. But things that Cyberpunk did wrong, is now changed. Not only the story, characters and the atmoshpere feels good, but also the gameplay itself. It feels like CDPR needed 3 years more to sucessfully finish Cyberpunk 2077. This is the version we all needed.

It's unbelievable that even at this moment, Cyberpunk 2077 even leaves Starfield behind and even have more players playing at this moment then one of the greatest RPG games ever, Baldurs Gate 3.

Steam charts 28-06-2023

I'm also very impressed by path tracing and I see future in this new technology. I hope more games are going to use this technology and maybe in the future when hardware is ready, completely remove rasterization and normal ray tracing.

Ray tracing only uses one ray that can only bounce once. Path tracing using multiple ray's that can bounces multiple times.

Benefits of path tracing, no more rasterization lighting needed and therefor no light bleeding anymore. The contrast of darker and lighter area's are more realistic. Light also reacts in a realistic way, it can even bounces of objects and changes colors. Reflections are more realistic and everything cast a shadow now, in a realistic way.

Downside, it's very hardware intensive but if you can run it in a stable FPS, it will pay off. They added now DLSS 3.5 with ray deconstruction, which should increase the performance when using path tracing without much quality lost.

More info about Pathtracing.

Last edited:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
i didn't purchased it at launch, but the game feels like a good product to acquire now, i will play once i get the chance to gather some money other than money for fighting games.

Jynks

Starfield is an amazing game.. I absolutely love it.. but Cyberpunk is in the conversation for best rpg of all time. It is a phenomenally good game.

I have not played v2 or bought the DLC yet. I will but with MK1 and Starfield my gaming life is just full. Also I think Space Marine 2 is going to be a must play as soon as it drops and then there is Rouge Trader... an isometric rpg set in the 40K universe from the dudes that made the pathfinder games... for the record wrath of the righteous is the best iso western rpg ever made, period.. so I expect great things as 40K is the gold standard for s fantasy universe

Interesting note, they have announced Cyberpunk 2 is happening, and there will be no new DLC for the first game.. The entire studio is moving to unreal engine from their own engine they have been using since witcher.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I did two full playthroughs and did most of not all of the endings when it first came out. 50% of my time was in photo mode. I got slightly better equipment now. I've planned on doing another playthrough at some point.

The music and atmosphere is bonkers. I used to just drive around the city looking at the ads and stuff. Definitely up there on most memorable games for me

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
After playing 300+ hours of Starfield then playing Cyberpunk 2077 2.0 & Phantom Liberty it made me realize the differences between a good game & an excellent game.

When I started playing Starfield, I knew what I was getting myself into as Bethesda games typically have had the same issues since Fallout 3. They make games that look like a grand epic but soulless, poor writing, lack of depth/detail, uninteresting companions/characaters, atomosphere is bland, & poor beginnings that don't match the impressive presentation & neat features (like ship builder & outposts). Bethesda games feel like it's quantity over quality which is typical to Todd Howard directed games & explains why the biggest fan favourite Fallout game is New Vegas which had very few of the same issues as it was made by Obsidian & closer to Cyberpunk 2077 in spirit than Fallout 3. Bethesda doesn't really learn from their mistakes. Also Starfield looks 7 years older than it actually is.

Cyberpunk 2077 however is the opposite. I've been playing it off & on since release until I got burned out a few months before Phantom Liberty was announced so I played The Witcher Trilogy to get hype so I have a good handle of lessons CDPR learned over the years before they made Cyberpunk 2077 & knowing the changes Cyberpunk 2077 has gone through since release. Cyberpunk 2077 is the best game CDPR has ever made by far & that is even before 2.0. The only issue I have with Cyberpunk 2077 is the quantity as it's a short ass game especially if you know what you're doing but they took the dozens of side quests from The Witcher 3 from fighting, racing & Witcher Contracts turned them into Beat The Brat, The Beast In Me & Cyberpsycho Sighting gigs then pumped the quality to the max rather than a distraction. The writing for Cyberpunk 2077 is just so good, the detail (even look at the way main characters walk), one of the best beginnings in all of WRPGs since Dragon Age: Origins. Also CDPR wasn't afraid to be edgy or take risks.

If I were going to rate both /100, it's easy to me:
Starfield: 87
Cyberpunk 2077: 95

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
When it came to Starfield the first 30 minutes I thought I was playing The Outer Worlds, if it had a $400m budget with a different direction at a similar time & space, worse writing & lack of soul. The issue is Starfield isn't better.

The Creation Engine hinders Bethesda so much but I don't know why they continue to use it, even upgraded 2.0 hinders the game so much & they probably don't want to pay up the ass to Epic to use Unreal.

The Creation Engine hinders Bethesda so much but I don't know why they continue to use it, even upgraded 2.0 hinders the game so much & they probably don't want to pay up the ass to Epic to use Unreal.
Digital Foundry discussed this with a supporter question about why they simply don't transition to Unreal Engine or ID Tech.

Changing a game engine is a huge affair, you don't just change the engine, you change the entire pipeline of support tools, etc. for making your game. Different engines are scalable in different ways as well. They don't believe ID Tech would work well for the style of games Bethesda makes. Unreal Engine 4 is an engine with lots of issues. Unreal Engine 5 didn't exist.

The Creation Engine is what allows all the modding ability that everyone loves about their games as well.

Digital Foundry understands, and agrees with sticking with the Creation Engine for the game.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Really? This I had not heard. Interesting.
Yep. But you are correct in that it's such a huge deal, that they will not be making any further Cyberpunk 2077 DLC and moving on to what's next. This is the end state of the game and that is at least partially contributed to the switch

Yep. But you are correct in that it's such a huge deal, that they will not be making any further Cyberpunk 2077 DLC and moving on to what's next. This is the end state of the game and that is at least partially contributed to the switch
Ah. I wasn't talking about Cyberpunk. I thought @Jynks meant that StarField was going to Unreal.

I think they made a right decision to change towards U5 engine. REDengine is not visual bad but UE5 is way more flexibel, Cyberpunk 2077 is also the first AAA titel that supports full ray tracing and path tracing. Its the first game that makes it possible and it looks insanely good as a triple a game of this size. But they have boundaries with the REDengine. But it's still impressive what CDPR did.

Other games that using ray tracing, only use it in combination with rasterization lighting. Except for Quake RTX and Portal. One of the reason why many people doesn't see the difference and therefor see it as a "gimmick". But they just don't know why and how.

Difference between ray and path tracing is also very big. Where ray tracing only sends a single ray which bounces once, path tracing send multiple rays thay bounces multiple times. Which create a way more realistic scene.

Unreal 5 engine is also capable to do all this and is even the most flexible engine at this moment. Nowadays even movie production companies uses Unreal 5 engine.

Some videos of people who build and mess around in the Unreal 5 engine.

Last edited:

Jynks

Played the opening of Cyberpunk again... man the game is good. Do not get me wrong I really like Starfield, but this game is on another level. No loading screens, you talk to people by just walking up to them, the writing anf voice acting.. I mean the game is a masterwork.

Played the opening of Cyberpunk again... man the game is good. Do not get me wrong I really like Starfield, but this game is on another level. No loading screens, you talk to people by just walking up to them, the writing anf voice acting.. I mean the game is a masterwork.
Yes, not only the voice acting but the whole feel of the characters. Jackie, Judy, Panam, Johnny Silverhand.

The whole development of the characters are top notch. They don't feel artificial like Starfield characters, but they feel way more deeper. Only a few games could give me this feeling aswell, Mass Effect and Life is Strange.

ItsOri

Noob
I know launch was one of the most disastrous clusterfucks in the history of gaming. But I love this game so much. It's an all time fav for me. I finished the reg campaign like a year and a half ago and am doing a new playthrough with the new DLC and just went through the maelstrom mission.

Very rarely in any game am anymore am I like "I want to just go hang out in that world and explore and forget about my day" but Night City is very much that. Very rarely am I reading the little lore pieces. I just want to get lost in this game lol.

It's extremely flawed, it was extremely irresponsible the way they launched it, and it's still stupid how good your rig needs to be to play with everything maxed at higher frame rates. (my 3080 ti still only runs it at like 50 on DLSS auto mode)

She's a hot mess. But I love her.

Did anyone picked fights with MaxTac? They haven't caught me yet, but I keep killing police until MaxTac comes. They are tough, probably the most difficult enemies to come across. I've seen also different once, from heavy to stealth MaxTac. I've killed a few of them. I lurk them to alley's to have firefights or just start attacking them with my Mantis Blades. The netrunners also try to hack you, while fighting them. Which puts a extra pressure on you.

Good fun, awesome and difficult fights.

Last edited:

Jynks

I pretty much play a zero kill game. All stealth and knock outs. Never agroed the cops more than accidentaly running someone over and having to seed off.