What's new

Match-up Discussion cyber sub

hardwire

Noob
how on earth do you deal with him
i got boddied tonight by a good one and there was nothing i could do to beat him

smoke bombs didnt work teleports didnt work
his damn dive kick is safe as hell

some one please help me with the match up

Altaire

Noob
You can check him on block with B2 3 after a "safe" divekick, which creates an attack/grab mixup.

If you're quick, you can also try to punish his attempts to jump with anti-air telepunch if he tries to divekick too excessively.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
As a Cyber Sub player heres what I can tell you:

• Dont try to go face to face against CSZ because he is much better and faster
  • Zone him with smoke balls
  • Stay away with the smoke cloud move
  • If you're down, stay on the ground and see what he does. Because I sometimes continue pressure or do the parry against wake ups
  • When he jumps, teleport punch
  • CSZ cant do damage from far so if he throws bombs or ice balls, teleport to punish
  • CSZ has a slow teleport so be ready to low poke(D1). Dont uppercut cuz if they parry, ur screwed
  • Use mainly smokes low starting combos since they cant be stopped by the parry
  • Maximize your punishment if he messes up.
  • If you block a divekick, throw a smoke bomb(pretty sure that works)

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I'm pretty sure Smoke can punish poorly aimed divekicks with b23. Perfect aim = b23 check, like Altaire said. Also, early JK stuffs divekicks reliably. CSZ's footsies are pretty meh also, so Smoke handles him in that department. CSZ is also pretty slow, basic low-wise, so if he gets hit by d4, he pretty much has to hope you don't go low again.

hardwire

Noob
Shit smoke doesnt have a low starter? my bad lol
can you tell I dont use the character? lol
ya this would be a lot easyer if we did
as it is right now he would safe dive kick me then any time i would start any kind of pressure he would ice parry me then work the life lead and time me out.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
ya this would be a lot easyer if we did
as it is right now he would safe dive kick me then any time i would start any kind of pressure he would ice parry me then work the life lead and time me out.
At least the rest of the list works i believe lol

Heres another trick: CSZ uses a lot of the 3,3 and 3,2 as a starter since the former's second hit is a low and the latter's second hit is an overhead. Heres how you deal with that:

Since the first 3 in both strings is a high, what you do is block the first 3 then tap the down button just once. Don't hold just tap.

What that will do is block the quick second 3 of the first string which is low and if CSZ goes for 3,2 instead, you will be back up in time to block the overhead.
This works since you only go down quickly and back up because you just tap down. The second 3 in the first combo(3,3) comes out faster than the 2 in the second combo(3,2)

hope that helps. :)

hardwire

Noob
At least the rest of the list works i believe lol

Heres another trick: CSZ uses a lot of the 3,3 and 3,2 as a starter since the former's second hit is a low and the latter's second hit is an overhead. Heres how you deal with that:

Since the first 3 in both strings is a high, what you do is block the first 3 then tap the down button just once. Don't hold just tap.

What that will do is block the quick second 3 of the first string which is low and if CSZ goes for 3,2 instead, you will be back up in time to block the overhead.
This works since you only go down quickly and back up because you just tap down. The second 3 in the first combo(3,3) comes out faster than the 2 in the second combo(3,2)

hope that helps. :)
i do apresiate it but defending against him is not my real problem

I cant figgure out any way to punish him

i "can" beat him in the air but it would be really nice to know what i can use after a dive kick or a failed combo

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
After a dive kick, throw a smoke ball.
If he does his string 2,1, well both are high hits so you can poke or uppercut.
His bombs are no where near as good as Cyrax so either teleport or dodge them. He will use them to make you jump so that he gets a dive kick so in that case just teleport.
His iceball is VERY slow so you can attack after that.

Your main damage will be from catching him with smoke balls because its way to risky to approach him otherwise.

If you use XBL, add me and we can do some practice matches if u want