What's new

Question - Cyber Sub-Zero Cyber Sub-Zero...Is he too Strong? Brief Overview

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Yeah these setups are good but getting them isn't as simple as it seems.

once again REO made a thread causing TYM to implode because people are dumb.

Hella people here have lame opinions and will never compete even in a local so take their opinions with a grain of salt

Lol jk take it with all the salt they generate from dealing with dirt
Its early to make any definitive statements, but you have to be an idiot to dismiss REO's opinion - or you're deflecting.

See what I did there? You're not an idiot and people here aren't dumb. Those are both untrue, inflammatory statements.

Now, REO's opinion meaning something... Well, that's just common sense. So, lets start without insulting one another - since that is how the intelligent discuss matters of importance. :p

I didn't think he was overpowered at first, so I took him into practice mode - and got his combos into the mid twenties to low thirties.

Then, I went online and won about 95% of my matches. Now, I'm no REO - but this character - well, its always his turn - and his offense stretches defenses very thin.

He's a lot like Hunter Predator before the nerfs. Now, I'm not getting Hunter damage, but he wins exchanges very easily. Less dirt; more insanely safe priority.

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

But he does... And Dr.Doom is godlike!
He only has part of it. Imagine if his dive kick led to a ground bounce resulting in a full combo. He only has the part of whiffing it during a combo to continue the combo.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
He only has part of it. Imagine if his dive kick led to a ground bounce resulting in a full combo. He only has the part of whiffing it during a combo to continue the combo.
CSZ's divekick should juggle for full combo, EH plus on block. He needs it.

He is perfect, but I suspect they will ruin him at some point! I love the metal noise whrn he gets hit! Below is another reason I love him! I'm like totally gay for him, and what!!!!

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Didn't win first top 8 after availability = totally fine

#Logic

Just saying, this would mean MK9 Cyrax was totally fine under that reasoning :/
The point is though, it was heavily implied by many people that any findings with Triborg is all set and systems go to aid unknown scrubs unjustly placing top 8 at Final Round.

In fact, among those implying such:

Yeah, the inclusion of this in FR is bizarre.
Yeah, so why was it "bizarre" again?

You do realize we just had a DLC character mirror in GF right?? Where exactly was I wrong about DLC needing more time to bake bwfore mainstream inclusion?

Also, you are wrong to infer not including DLC is soley based on the notion they're overpowered. This is a question of allowing time for players to gain MU experience.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
But Cyber Sub-Zero was too strong, right? Guys, right? Guys...? #Nerf the robots.
I know right?!? Did you see all those OP CSZ's at Final Round?? Wow. It's like every match was filled with him all the way to Top 32 and Grand Finals. Good thing we all collectively singled out CSZ as S+++ Tier after 1 day. Hopefully NRS can continue to Nerf CSZ more because I can't watch another tourney filled with CSZ like the one today.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Can we just discuss the fact this thread was created March 1st..... the same day as KP2 release.... the same time people usually say "no it's too early to tell" but because REO said it it was truth. huh.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
The point is though, it was heavily implied by many people that any findings with Triborg is all set and systems go to aid unknown scrubs unjustly placing top 8 at Final Round.

In fact, among those implying such:

There was more categories for people's opinions than just "Cyber Sub is fine" and "Cyber Sub is so broke hes going to dominate every spot at FR and ruin the tournament!"

I've picked up Cyber and I think he is #1 in the game and pretty broke. I didn't think he was going dominate FR though. I wanted to see DLC at FR. And I don't think tournament placings are the be all and end all of anything.

babalook

Noob
This character is amazing, but he's more so amazing in the sense that he absolutely rapes some characters, maybe even most characters, but he also gets pounded in a number of MU's. Also, was there even any good CSZ's at FR, because if not i don't see how FR can be used to extrapolate his tier placement.