What's new

CYBER SUB TIME STOP INFINITE

@AK Pig Of The Hut @STORMS this needs to be frontpaged

Okay, with help from @G4S J360 , we've managed to discover a quasi-infinite with Cyber-Sub Zero.

Essentially the way this works is: (Starting from midscreen)

And this only works against mid to low level hitboxes (i.e. not Sheeva or Cyber Sub).

If a character does a roll, you can punish it with 21xxFreeze, Teleport, JIP (and this is where the reset comes in...)

Essentially what happens is, when you do an Ex-Divekick semi-whiff, the game for some odd reason believes that the combo has ended, although you can still link the whiff into a string similar to Sonya when she divekicks, but if you mistime it, your combo will simply end if fully hit, or simply go into blockstun.

After the semi-whiff reset, you can do an U4 into midbomb cancel into his standard reset. Essentially getting you around something like 75%+- damage for one bar midscreen. If you wish, you can repeat the process, but because of the difficulty, the damage suffices to just do it once.

Now, if you didn't think that was cool enough, this trick can also be applied in the corner with outstanding results that I've managed to test with J360 on multiple maps. This only works on the left side of the screen on certain maps that we've tested (Cyber Sub's normals push him differently depending on the corner, it's weird, kind of like the uppercut combo).

Assume you are facing the corner. 21xxFreeze, walk back, JIPxxExDivekick semi whiff (putting you toward the corner) and then you do another ExDivekick but cross over semi whiff, if done properly, Cyber Sub will be in the corner except you will literally be out of the map, and you can barely see Cyber Sub Zero's legs. He can come back in if he chooses, but he'll be fully punishable obviously as he'll have to let go of block. Regardless, if you have life lead, you simply hold block and let time run out and let the fuckers rage.

This can also be done in an unbreakable setup. On the left hand side only, suppose you land a 211+2, if timed absolutely perfectly and at the last second, Cyber Sub Zero will switch sides when he X-rays, but you'll come back into the map perpendicular to the stage, and you'll be outside of the map. If you hold down block, nothing can hit you, and since you just X-rayed your opponent, you will most likely have lifelead, thus guaranteeing a win.

Characters this does not work against: Sheeva, and for some fucking reason, Ermac. It's too hard to land it consistently on him, I don't know why, maybe it's just me.

Flagg

Noob
I've just started playing MK again and will test this tonight.

I've used jip, close dive kick whiff before to confuse the opponent but I didn't realise this set up with ex dive whiff leads into a combo continuation.

Any chance of a video going up soon?

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Characters this does not work against: Sheeva, and for some fucking reason, Ermac. It's too hard to land it consistently on him, I don't know why, maybe it's just me.
Lol. This isn't the first time some piece of tech wouldn't work on Ermac. It's like they're the problem children of MK9. I love it. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: RYX