What's new

Custom Variation Moves Discussion (Scorpion)

Demon dash is a flying kick/slide that doesn't beat projectiles, has less range and travel speed than most flying kicks, and no KB. It might become the worst one in the game if NRS nerfs its start up. Also speed is implied in the name "demon dash".

Personally I want:
  • fireball to be made charge-cancellable so scorp can have swaggy mindgames in neutral
  • flame breath AMP to be safe on block, or buffed a different way to not be useless
  • misery blade 3 given a better hitbox and low or overhead slightly less punishable on block
  • keep demon dash the fastest flying kick in the game

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
My Scorpion variation is :
Hell Flame, Demon Dash, and Demon Slam. I love any air grabs move in fighting games. Stop jumpers from jumping.

i don't get it. scorpion is still more or less the same. no changes to hell flame. demon dash nerfed. i don't wanna count d1 d3 since i believe that's universal. f3 still 13 frames. 212 KB still just does DOT damage. the dream of b141 being special cancellable is pretty much a dead dream

Man this is disappointing. I like the system changes but I was really expecting changes to the kustom moves that are clearly useless. What the hell is that fireball for?

Let's not forget that with misery blade, the mid attack still whiffs against certain characters. They really didn't touch Scorpion here.

In other threads tick throws got a lot stronger.

Death spear kombo still requires death spin... Misery Blade still requires 2 slots even though it’s weak... lol NRS said fuck scorpion I guess

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I've been using the fireball combined with tele cancel. It at least gives scorpion a way to provoke movement when people try to crouch at the other end of the screen. Its better than having the air grab I guess.

I use Deathspin and Hellport Cancel. Doesn't add anything to combo damage, as DS is a shitty ender, but you have a way around characters with stupid j3s and you are able to punish some stupid shit that b2 can't reach or is too slow to punish.

Too bad Demon Dash got fucked. Would've made Geras a more bearable matchup.

There is no reason he should have a 7 frame dash in the first place.....just none
I actually agree, but that doesn’t mean it needed to become 12f. That nearly doubles the startup and makes it below average for a charge move. 9 or 10f would have been reasonable. They could’ve made it a high too and I would’ve been fine with that

I actually agree, but that doesn’t mean it needed to become 12f. That nearly doubles the startup and makes it below average for a charge move. 9 or 10f would have been reasonable. They could’ve made it a high too and I would’ve been fine with that
Give me a list of the other Dash moves Characters have and their frame data.....lets compare to that and then see if there is a logical argument why scorpion would need a 9 or 10 f dash. I would certainly hope if it was 9 or 10 f that it would be made a high. A 7 frame mid dash with crazy range just was outrageous to begin with.

@Shale101 I’m not playing the game right now, but from memory Johnny’s is 11f and so is Jade’s. Both have more range, and jade’s has an amp’d version with a KB.
Jacqui Bionic Dash 13 frames High

Kitana Square Wave 13 frames Mid

Jade Shadow Kick 12 Frames High

Night Wolf Rhino Charge 12 frames Mid

Shang Sorcery Rush 13 Frames Mid

Shao Shoulder Charge 16 frames Mid

Johnny Cage Shadow Kick 11 frames High

SO scorpion needs to be better then everyone else? is that it?

them slowing down demon dash also messed up some demon dash combos so there's that. i don't know tbh. i've lost interest in demon dash now. i like burning spear, sin blade, and i guess death spin or tele cancel and burning spear. i've been seeing talks of tele cancel with fireball but that just encourages a zoning type of playstyle and i don't like to zone.