What's new

Custom Mortal Kombat Game Roster

So, I’ve been brainstorming and writing down a pitch for an entire trilogy of games following MK11, where Liu Kang and Raiden made the timeline almost exactly the same as it was before, but with a few major differences.

I really just have one problem: I feel like I have too many characters on the roster.

I would like help with trimming down the roster, there are currently 47 characters in the base game, one pre-order character, and 21 DLC characters spread across three kombat packs.

The characters in the game are:
Kano
Liu Kang
Raiden
Johnny Cage
Scorpion
Sub-Zero
Cyber Sub-Zero
Sonya
Reptile
Goro
Shang Tsung
Baraka
Jax
Rain
Smoke
Cyrax
Sektor
Jade
Kitana
Shao Kahn
Sindel
Mileena
Geras
Cetrion
Onaga
Kabal
Kung Lao
Ferra/Torr
Erron Black
Skarlet
Kai
Shujinko
Jacqui Briggs
Kollector
Nightwolf
D’Vorah
Shinnok
Kenshi
Noob Saibot
Cassie Cage
Stryker
Sheeva
Frost
Mokap
—NEW CHARACTERS:
The Chemist
Dr. Rossum
Spiketail

Ermac is a pre-order bonus, and I will say who the DLC characters are if somebody once to know.

With that being said, I would like for you to ask what the character’s role in the story is before telling me to cut them.

I would also like for you to post if you need help with something similar!

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Just put Mk9 roster and lock it. We don’t need any more. Maybe Taven and a couple from MK4, but overall fuck all new character from X and 11. Ferra/Torr? A cowboy in MK? Scorpion 2.0? Another shaolin? Sonya/Cage hybrid? Female Jax that is useless? Anorexic Goro with two more arms? Fucking BUG? Nah. Stryker beats all of the new chars combined.

To
I just read the whole list again and you deserve a ban simply for putting Mokap in
be fair, I did try to make Mokap less of a joke in the story. Also, the other characters are important to the story in certain ways, I’m just trying to figure out who’s the least important

Just put Mk9 roster and lock it. We don’t need any more. Maybe Taven and a couple from MK4, but overall fuck all new character from X and 11. Ferra/Torr? A cowboy in MK? Scorpion 2.0? Another shaolin? Sonya/Cage hybrid? Female Jax that is useless? Anorexic Goro with two more arms? Fucking BUG? Nah. Stryker beats all of the new chars combined.
Also, most of the characters that are killed off in the story are from MKX, so if that helps... (specifically, D’Vorah, Takeda, and Kotal Kahn)

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
Also, most of the characters that are killed off in the story are from MKX, so if that helps... (specifically, D’Vorah, Takeda, and Kotal Kahn)
I'll analyze the list a bit more before saying something else, but you have way too many characters, so turning the one's you plan on killing in the storymode into NPCs would be a good idea to start trimming things down.

I'll analyze the list a bit more before saying something else, but you have way too many characters, so turning the one's you plan on killing in the storymode into NPCs would be a good idea to start trimming things down.
Hmm, that’s not a bad idea...

Ok, either nobody has seen this, nobody cares, or both, so to try and get this thing up again, I’m going to say what every character does in the story to help instead of waiting for people to ask about specific characters.

Kano-Works for Onaga, I don’t want to get rid of him though since he was one of the originals

Liu Kang-Becomes one of the new elder gods, fixes the timeline, and guards Kronika’s hourglass until Onaga breaks it, then he rejoins the heroes.

Raiden-Also one of the new elder gods, but stops guarding the hourglass to help the heroes at the beginning of the story instead of halfway through like Liu Kang.

Johnny Cage-helps the special forces and Kitana’s regime retake outworld from Onaga’s invasion

Scorpion-tries to retire to be with Satoshi (Liu Kang brings him back when he resets the timeline), but he forced to stop to help the Lin Kuei save Sub-Zero from Sektor

Sub-Zero-first helps Reptile find more saurians, then gets captured by Sektor and is re-cyberized

Cyber Sub-Zero-Helps the forces of light to defeat Onaga after being saved by them. Dies in the final fight and is then ressurected by Onaga as a human-looking revenant, once Onaga is defeated, all revenants in a certain radius are restored, he is one of them.

Sonya-goes with the special forces to Outworld and helps to stop Onaga’s invasion

Reptile-attacks the Lin Kuei in chapter 1 with the cyber Lin Kiei, but Is convinced by Sub-Zero that they will not help him find more saurians, so he switches sides. Sub-Zero then tells him the tale of another saurian from a book and he goes out to find him (he’s the new character, Spiketail). He finds him and convinces him to come with him. They both then join the Lin Kuei to show their gratitude for Sub-Zero helping Reptile.

Goro-one of the changes in this version of Liu Kang’s new era (I came up with this before Aftermath was announced, so this game would just ignore it), is that Goro was killed in the MK3 section of MK9 and was turned into a revenant by Quan Chi. After Shinnok’s death, he abandons the other revenants and joins Shang Tsung

Shang Tsung-Due to Aftermath not happening, in this timeline, his ghost (think of him in MK11’s Krypt) slowly began to heal enough after being infused with Sindel until he was able to start plotting more schemes. Onaga offered him control of Earthrealm in exchange for his service, which he agrees to, but starts planning to betray him. His scheme is never able to take effect, though.

Baraka-serves as Kitana Kahn’s second-in-command and aids the battle against Onaga’s invasion in Outworld

Jax-stays retired for most of the campaign, but is forced out again to save Sub-Zero from Onaga, and just sticks around after that

Rain-Onaga offers him control of Edenia in exchange for his service.

Smoke-leads the rescue mission of Sub-Zero.

Cyrax-one of the changes in this new era was that he essentially took Sub-Zero’s place in MK9’s MK3 chapters, and was cured of being a revenant instead of Sub-Zero, since he would have never become one. Therefore, human Cyrax acts as one of the major heroes attempting to save Sub-Zero

Sektor-attacks the Lin Kuei at the beginning and fails, only to be recruited by Onaga and promised to be the leader of the Lin Kuei once they all kill the current group.

Jade-acts as one of Kitana Kahn’s major influencers and helps to stop Onaga’s invasion of Outworld. She kills Kintaro later after he kills Kotal

Kitana-acts as Kahn and leads the seige against Onaga’s invasion in Outworld

Shao Kahn-(OK, you probably won’t like what I do to him, but I honestly think it’s an interesting direction to take him in) Ermac puts his soul in charge of his body, causing him to morph into Shao Kahn. He reluctantly agrees to help the Earthrealm warriors defeat Onaga at Raiden’s request, since he knows that Onaga will hunt him down due to his treason if he doesn’t. Throughout the story, the heroes start to rub off on him to the point where he saves Kitana’s life from Sindel’s revenant during the final battle. He also actually allows Ermac to retake control at the end of the story.

Sindel-since Aftermath Doesn’t happen in this version, Evil Sindel doesn’t exist! She still acts as an antagonist during this story, though due to her still being a revenant and not because of her character being inproperly portrayed. Her revenant attempts to kill Kitana a the end, though she attempts to hold back, and is able to long enough for Kitana to strike her down.

Mileena-she isn’t killed in the new era here, just arrested, so she joins Onaga after being promised Outworld by him (he claims that he wants to act more as an elder god in his new rule and will appoint new rulers, which is obviously a lie, as he only plans to keep his alliance with Sektor and Geras in the end due to his promise to him not really affecting his goal) she tries to kill Kitana during the final battle, but Shao Kahn kills her before she is able to deliver the finishing blow.

Geras-escapes the sea of blood, but is now slowly dying due to Kronika not being around. He is offered revenge against Liu Kang by Onaga, and joins up with him only to finally die at the hands of Raiden during the final battle.

Cetrion-one of the changes in this new era is that Kronika never absorbed the power of Cetrion, so she survives. Onaga tricks her into thinking that he can revive Kronika, so she aids him throughout the game.

Onaga-The main antagonisf that plans to stage the battle of armageddon in order to summon Blaze and become the one being. It doesn’t work. Also, his host is Shujinko in this version instead of Reptile.

Kabal-aids Onaga as the new leader of the revenants. He rejoins the Black Dragon at the end of the campaign, though he is still a revenant

Kung Lao-leads the Shaolin in the new era and aids the heroes. He is killed by the new character, Dr. Rossum in the final battle via decapitation

Ferra/Torr-act as henchmen to Onaga. I really only brought them back because I thought they were too interesting of a concept to only appear in one game

Erron Black-helps Kitana against Onaga’s Invasion

Skarlet-joins Onaga, but once she sees Shao Kahn on the other side in the final battle, she kills herself as punishment for her “betrayal”

Kai-helps the heroes throughout the story. He tries to avenge Kung Lao’s death in the final battle, only for Dr. Rossum to give him a lethal injection

Shujinko-acts as Onaga’s vessel. He claims that he was decieved into ressurecting him once he is restored in the final battle, as Onaga becomes powerful enough to ditch him. Him and Raiden attack Onaga in the final battle of the campaign

Jacqui Briggs-helps the special forces in outworld

Kollector-pretty much does the same thing as Skarlet, except that he just switches sides instead of killing himself

Nightwolf-his revenant aids Onaga. He is in the radius when some of the revenants are revived, so he ends up going back to his tribe in the end.

D’Vorah-fights for Onaga throughout most of the story, but is killed by Scorpion during the final battle.

Shinnok-Doesn’t appear in the story at all, I’m cutting him out

Kenshi-helps the special forces in Outworld

Noob Saibot-helps Onaga throughout the story, but he is in range when all the revenants are cured. Strangely enough, he is brought back to life by this despite not being a revenant himself. He rejoins the Lin Kuei in the end.

Cassie Cage-aids the Special Forces in Outworld, she is almost killed by Onaga, but Takeda sacrifices his life to save her

Stryker-his Revenant aids Onaga, but he is in range when all the revenants are cured, and his human self joins the special forces.

Sheeva-helps Kitana in Outworld, and is one of Outworld’s bighest influencers

Frost-aids Sektor throughout the story before being killed by Scorpion in the end

Mokap-is filming a movie during the final battle, but is forced to fight to survive, he eventually comes across The Chemist, who injects him with a serum that mutates his right arm to have huge claws. He joins up with the forces of light during the battle.

—NEW CHARACTERS:
The Chemist-Shang Tsung’s personal poison-maker. He aids him throughout the story, but ditches him and joins the Black Dragon in the end

Dr. Rossum-Shang Tsung’s personal kombat medic. He aids him throughout the story and kills both Kung Lao and Kai during the final battle

Spiketail-the saurian Reptile finds. He pretty much justs assists him after that. He looks just like Reptile, but he has a spiked tail he uses for most of his attacks. He mostly speaks like a caveman due to growing up alone in the mountains.

Bo Rai Cho, Takeda, Kotal, and Kintaro all make appearances as story NPCs.