What's new

Guide - Liu Kang Current Special Cancel Advantage for Liu Kang Across All Variations, October 2016

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
DUALIST - frame data of the Stance Switch cancel:

F2,1,3 = +5

1,1,2 = +1

B3,4 = +1

4,4 = +1

B3,4 (SECOND HIT) = 0

F4,4 = 0

S4 = -2

B3 = -2

1,1,1 = -3

F2,1 = -6

B1,2 = -9

F1,2 = -9

FLAME FIST - frame data of the Shaolin-Ferno cancel:

F2,1,3 = +8

1,1,2 = +4

B3,4 = +4

4,4 = +4

B3,4 (SECOND HIT) = +3

F4,4 = +3

S4 = +1

B3 = +1

1,1,1 = 0

F2,1 = -3

B1,2 = -5

F1,2 = -5

DRAGON'S FIRE - frame data of the Fireball Run cancel:

REGULAR FIREBALL RUN CANCEL

F2,1,3 = +10

1,1,2 = +6

B3,4 = +6

4,4 = +6

B3,4 (SECOND HIT) = +5

F4,4 = +5

S4 = +3

B3 = +3

1,1,1 = +1

F2,1 = -1

B1,2 = -4

F1,2 = -4

EX FIREBALL RUN CANCEL

F2,1,3 = +17

1,1,2 = +13

B3,4 = +13

4,4 = +13

B3,4 (SECOND HIT) = +12

F4,4 = +12

S4 = +11

B3 = +11

1,1,1 = +11

F2,1 = +8

B1,2 = +5

F1,2 = +5

Video proving the numbers:

@Kickbykick
@cR Xarakamaka
@SylverRye
@FOREVER EL1TE
@AK L0rdoftheFLY
@GreatKungLao
@Parasurama
@Derptile
@xXxNasHxXx
@Percimon
@XBlades
@just_2swift
@NaCl man
@PapaRegadetho
@Phosferrax
@EMPR_MURK
@Zeuss

@KH_Seraph

Last edited:

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
Excelent work man, I believe EX fbrcs will be used frequently in the meta now,and I think DF might be the best RC character in the game currently.

Bruno-NeoSpace

How do you preform ex cancel, somehow its so hard for me, but can f44 cancel f44 be poked?
I don't know how to explain it... just practice a lot. F44 cancel F44 cannot be poked because F44 cancel is +5, F4 is 10 start-up frames. So, 10-5 = 5 frames will be Kang's F4 ;)

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
I'm actually confused with the current special cancels video. Is it showing that the + advantages are not plus & the - advantages are stronger? Or just to in general force a bait? I'm seeing him get hit on some of the + frame moves.

Parasurama

Dragon
There are so many easier characters to play in this game that still do so well that I struggle to see how this character is worth the execution barrier.
I just wanted to play Liu Kang before the game came out... then he comes out and some ppl find doing fbf stuff difficult and quit him- if they only knew all the other stuff LK players had to learn after that from Shaolin flame cancels and ia fireballs to Dragon Fire Run cancels.... overall though it made me a better player I think, so I can do other instant air moves and cancels with other characters.

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
Is it just me or does the advantage on the switch to light and dark stance differ a lot? like stance switches to light seem to be more minus since I usually poke out of it with ease while switch to dark stance is more plus. can someone confirm with me?

Jelan

Aquaman is dead lel
How do you guys handle the FBRC delays on block? As I'm checking the patch notes Liu's delay is at least 2 frames less at 3 compared to Johnny's 5, but still. Going by feel and that's it?

Bruno-NeoSpace

Is it just me or does the advantage on the switch to light and dark stance differ a lot? like stance switches to light seem to be more minus since I usually poke out of it with ease while switch to dark stance is more plus. can someone confirm with me?
Naaah. Same advantage.

@Bruno-NeoSpace .... I want to know the frame advantage on F2,1,3 EX FB front-dash cancel ? and also the regular one ?
Regular: -8
EX: +1

How do you guys handle the FBRC delays on block? As I'm checking the patch notes Liu's delay is at least 2 frames less at 3 compared to Johnny's 5, but still. Going by feel and that's it?
Just practice it. lol