What's new

Guide - Liu Kang Current Special Cancel Advantage for Liu Kang Across All Variations, April 2016

Frenzy

Noob
^yes please. Dualist got hit with unnecessary nerfs due to dragons fire. And with a weaker neutral game than dragons fire, I'd say dualist deserves it.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
But this comes down to human error, you would have to run cancel on the perfect frame and press a button on the perfect frame. That's two-one frame links in a row. The computer is reading it frame by frame. Only daigo can hit two frame links consistently. And xaraka isn't daigo, just like he said b1 is 10 frames when it was 9
100% disagree with the Diago statement

With 2fs I feel ALOT ofpeople can hit consistently as it has twice the leeway as a just frame which people some can also hit consistently.

Sure Foxy was hitting Lao's 2 frame consistently.

And if a move is -10 and I have an 8 frame normal with practice anybody can hit consistently

2Frame links are definitely possible to hit and land consistently.

But in terms of run cancels you are correct as for hitting consistently it's super though as it's not just a single action like SF but required 2 actions with awkward and instant inputs

Last edited:

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
He might be talking about run cancels specifically. It's easier to link a S4 than a run cancel into something in a tight window. I do think more people than just Daigo can hit them consistently, but the point is still there.

With 2fs I feel ALOT ofpeople can hit consistently as it has twice the leeway as a just frame which people some can also hit consistently.

And if a move is -10 and I have an 8 frame normal with practice anybody can hit consistently

But in terms of run cancels you are correct as for hitting consistently it's super though as it's not just a single action like SF but required 2 actions with awkward and instant inputs
Hitting a 2 frame link consistantly with fbrcs ive done for a long long time and so have others. Not that hard when its muscle memory :)

Only Daigo can hit 2 frame links consistently?

Have you seen MKX SCR 2015 top 8? Foxy was like PERFECT on Lao's varying 2 frame links.
Guys I was just being sarcastic I wasn't serious please don't kill me lol

And not a 2 frame link. A 1 frame link. Hitting a 1 frame link two times in a row, but regardless I wasn't serious

hshihab

Noob
That was a frame data misunderstanding by me not my execution with run cancels. Only daigo can hit 2 frame links consistently? My liu kang before patch was hitting 1-2 frame links every fb rc consistantly.I tested liu kang frame data for 5 minutes when patch came out, this frame data is saying nothing has changed with the fbrcs. Ive prooven ppl who used recording equipment wrong before but im not gna say im right as i only tested 5 minutes , for example before patch f21u4 fbrc was plus 4 but here it says plus 1? So all the cancels are the same as before patch it says here but this one is different? Also b34 second hit used to be plus 7 or 8 if i remember but now its plus 10, no discredit to anyone but somethings off here already, but ill test myself later. Ill be very happy if the frame data here is correct though! @C88 Zombieekiler
When will you test them @cR Xarakamaka ? I'm so eager to see the results. Also do u still believe in liu :) ? Or would you drop him and go for johnny ?

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
That was a frame data misunderstanding by me not my execution with run cancels. Only daigo can hit 2 frame links consistently? My liu kang before patch was hitting 1-2 frame links every fb rc consistantly.I tested liu kang frame data for 5 minutes when patch came out, this frame data is saying nothing has changed with the fbrcs. Ive prooven ppl who used recording equipment wrong before but im not gna say im right as i only tested 5 minutes , for example before patch f21u4 fbrc was plus 4 but here it says plus 1? So all the cancels are the same as before patch it says here but this one is different? Also b34 second hit used to be plus 7 or 8 if i remember but now its plus 10, no discredit to anyone but somethings off here already, but ill test myself later. Ill be very happy if the frame data here is correct though! @C88 Zombieekiler
This frame data is not saying that nothing has changed with the FBRCs. lol. It is saying that the regular fireball run cancels now have -1 frame.

B3,4 FBRC = Second hit was +11. Into f2 it was jailing, not anymore because now it is +10

EDIT: Ohhh, i think you are misunderstanding somethings. B3 FBRC is +7, B34 FBRC first hit is +8 and second hit is +10. :p

So with these numbers, what all can jail off of which strings/normals?
Some examples:
F213 FBRC - F2 , F4 , S1 , F1 , D2 , B1, etc
F4,4 FBRC - F1, D2
F4,4 EX FBRC - F2 , F4 , S1 , F1 , D2, B1, etc

Last edited:

Bruno-NeoSpace

Youre on pc thats why you have this frame data! i knew something was up but yea bro they nerfed his cancels by 3 or 4 frames bro @cR Xarakamaka false hope i think bro lol
Third: After the new patches, a friend have lended to me his PS4 and a 1MS monitor because the PC version is dead. So, I have tested every cancel against Kung Lao's Spin and Reptile's Slippery Slide and I figured it out that only the Dragon's Fire cancels were changed a little bit. The regular fireball run cancels got nerfed in only 1 frame. :p

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
when did you conduct the experiment bro? because the frames have to be worse ive sat in practice for hours and cant jail b34 or 44 or anything except f213 can you post videos of you doing it in mkxl? in fact any top liu kang could you pleaseee help with this i dont want to be the one to call the thread wrong but theres no way these are right @cR Xarakamaka @EMPR_MURK @YOMI Zyphox even @Killer Xinok bc your cancels are so fleeky if sylvereye cant and he said he was in practice for hours i cant and you have no proof except word of mouth ima have to not believe you sorry

Last edited:

Bruno-NeoSpace

when did you conduct the experiment bro? because the frames have to be worse ive sat in practice for hours and cant jail b34 or 44 or anything except f213 can you post videos of you doing it in mkxl? in fact any top liu kang could you pleaseee help with this i dont want to be the one to call the thread wrong but theres no way these are right @cR Xarakamaka @EMPR_MURK @YOMI Zyphox even @Killer Xinok bc your cancels are so fleeky if slvereye cant and he said he was in practice for hours i cant and you have no proof except word of mouth ima have to not believe you sorry
lol man. wtf are u saying. :rolleyes::confused: