What's new

Current EVO Numbers For MKXL Release, Any Thoughts?

It's up to you to develop it. There are a lot of unused characters.

The notion that casual players opinions don’t matter because they don’t travel to tournaments is silly in all honesty. I’m a fan of basketball and been a fan all my life. I play the game casually, but when I watch the pros play as an observer I can acknowledge good/bad plays and what one team lacks in weakness and what strengths they have. Same goes for games I have an interest in (i.e MKX). MKX only rewards one play style which is all offensive base. All the characters considered top tier all have a similar play style ( rush down, 50/50's, jailing pressure, and so on). That could very much be the problem. There's no diversity in playing styles in MKX.
The notion that casual players opinions don’t matter because they don’t travel to tournaments is silly in all honesty. I’m a fan of basketball and been a fan all my life. I play the game casually, but when I watch the pros play as an observer I can acknowledge good/bad plays and what one team lacks in weakness and what strengths they have. Same goes for games I have an interest in (i.e MKX). MKX only rewards one play style which is all offensive base. All the characters considered top tier all have a similar play style ( rush down, 50/50's, jailing pressure, and so on). That could very much be the problem. There's no diversity in playing styles in MKX.

Nulak

http://www.youtube.com/user/Nulak
MKX scene is "controlled" by 10 guys and you can't beat them if you don't main this game 100%. The "constant patch" excuse is bullshit.
Capcom lovers and "true warrior of the FGC..." don't want to have something to do with MK games.
So here we go you MUST play SFV now. Its like that.

Other number just show how new the games are.
People think they can fraud "this game" at EVO or just want to compete in the "true" league.
If tomorrow Daigo and his band start play killer instinct 24/7 or kof XIV the braindead bandwagon will follow at EVO2k17.
We are the trash bag of this FGC elitism shit, deal with it.

Now about the game itself (MKX), i let expert talk about it.

SonicFox dominating the scene probably turned a lot of people away. That and most just lost interest. Or it could be that the entire NRS community is just sheep that migrates to the next game every 2 years. Stuff like MKX being the lowest placing game in the EVO 2017 donation drive behind indie fighters and 20 year old games, and Injustass 2 having the least players in 2018 after winning the meaningless fighting game of the year award and MK11 only getting 1 year at EVO are downright embarrassing. At least 2020 drove off 2 of the most r-etarded NRS shills MKF-30 AKA Peter Marisi and R0y Ark0n AKA Roy Sela off this site despite one of them somehow being on here for over a decade without getting permanently banned while the other cowered off to a dead forum. R-etard Arkon AKA Roy Sela posted r-etarded shit like expecting Injustass 2 to get it's top 8 on Sunday at EVO 2018 only because it won the pointless fighting game of the year award. And since that same award was won by SFV those shills have to admit that NRS fighters are trash or SFV is just as good as them. Never mind the fact that every time an NRS fighter has won that award support for that game has been pulled within months of winning it meanwhile games that lost to them got years of additional support like Tekken 7. Plus the fact that NRS has not shown anything at EVO since the Tremor trailer in 2015 while every other developer aside from Nintendo for obvious reasons has made numerous hype announcements so people have an incentive to watch the top 8's of those games while NRS just shows trailers at their own tournaments. Also the fact that niche ass anime fighters can somehow get over 2000 players at EVO while Injustass never broke 1000 players is downright embarrassing for NRS. And the fact that Mortal Kombat never made it to EVO until MK9 since the prior ones were complete dog shit and before people claim that it was only Capcom stuff at EVO back then that's not even remotely true, Tekken, Guilty Gear, Smash, SoulCalibur, Dead or Alive, and even Virtua Fighter were at EVO back then. Until the NRS community actually shows up to EVO after the first year then they don't deserve any sympathy.

Last edited:
It'll go up now that there's a pot bonus announced.
I don't think pot bonus money is going to entice more people to show up (other than the typical top NRS player) because most know they don't have any chance of winning anything. The increase in participants is likely due to many people registering at the last minute, which happens quite often.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I don't think pot bonus money is going to entice more people to show up (other than the typical top NRS player) because most know they don't have any chance of winning anything. The increase in participants is likely due to many people registering at the last minute, which happens quite often.
Although I hear you and understand the logic of that line of thinking, for some reason it always does boost the numbers when you look at the total attendance.

There's always a late registration push, but it's much bigger when there's a sizable pot bonus.

I guess people figure they have nothing to lose, so why not.

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Everyones trying to avoidng saying it....but im the voice of reason...soooooo.

It's Alien. It's HQT Pred, It's Sonic. It's Foxy. It's Scar. It's Me for being to real and speaking the truth. (#MournfulMasterRace). But the truth is....

It's Salt. And cowardice.