Curiosities of Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 Arcade : Definitive Edition

Discussion in 'Ultimate/Mortal Kombat 3/Trilogy' started by Mgo, Oct 27, 2018.

By Mgo on Oct 27, 2018 at 9:21 PM
  1. Mgo

Mgo Noob

[​IMG]

Based on an original idea of mine. Due to the great success of the original video trilogy (better reception than I expected to my surprise), I have conceived this remake with the help of some fellows of the MK community. This is a remake based on the previous videos about the curiosities of Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 Arcade, that I have collected over time (with help from several other players) and that is meant to be definitive. It includes new curiosities, new examples, covering many features of the game that we find "curious"/interesting. It is not a video that tries to cover all known glitches, but some other aspects of the game too. The video includes curiosities related to the damage, CPU specifics, special moves, advanced properties, unexpected unblockables, finishers and fatalities, graphics, audio, hitbox, etc. Enjoy.

We built the video thanks to the information of many players but I would like to give a special mention to these guys who helped me the most: @mkholic @Stew @ded @KanoKriminal

Original:

Versión en Español:

Русская Версия:

Edição Em Portugues:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018 at 6:14 PM
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'Ultimate/Mortal Kombat 3/Trilogy' started by Mgo, Oct 27, 2018.

1. mkholic
      mkholic
      congrats on releasing it finally @MGO
      i gotta say that now that i have a pretty good understanding of how much effort and time goes into videos such as this one i appreciate them a lot more and have a greater respect for their creators
      i wish mgo's YT channel would get more love, he truly deserved it
      Mgo, Biggs, Desz and 1 other person like this.
    2. MKF30
      MKF30
      Good job, always fun to see a more polished up version of classic MK's
      Mgo likes this.
    3. Biggs
      Biggs
      @mkholic Can you explain the inputs for the block buffer glitch. I saw Speed's video on it about a year ago but it was never explained. I heard it is only possible with autofire
      Mgo likes this.
    4. mkholic
      mkholic
      the easiest way is to hold block+forward (run too in case u wanna do the running variation), release block and do 3 more block presses (starting at a specific frame of animation)
      another way is to hold down+forward (run too in case u wanna do the running variation), release down and do 3 more block presses (starting at a specific frame of animation)
      here's a video to break it down:

2071 is when i release block, cycle 6 frames, 2077 - 1st block input, cycle 1 frame, 2079 - 2nd block input, cycle 1 frame, 2081 - 3rd block input (i keep holding it)
      there mught be other slightly less convoluted ways (and i don't mean AF) but i'm not certain
      Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
      Mgo, ChoseDeath, Biggs and 1 other person like this.
    5. Mgo
      Mgo
      @mkholic thanks for your words man, we worked so damn hard and now it's time to reap the rewards :v
    6. Mgo
      Mgo
      autofire effect can be done manually but is pretty hard. By holding the button and releasing the MINIMAL time possible and holding it again (you have to have a good sensibility in your button) its possible to achieve that effect. For example Liu Kang and Jax moves that involve holding LK for some seconds. In the case of autoblock walking, its harder as you need your character to interrupt your blocking animation so you have to come from ducking or jumping I believe.

Thats and old video when i trying to get that multi ground pound:

KanoKriminal likes this.