What's new

General/Other - Cyber Sub-Zero CSZ KP3 requests, adjustments and or Buffs

Do you agree with the adjustments/Buffs?

• Agree with adjustments

• Disagree

Results are only viewable after voting.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
The only thing SCZ needs is no damage scaling when a divekick is added to the combo. F2 or any other knockdown string having enough hit advantage to guarantee a setup, and of course f13, b1, b3, xxiceball actually connecting on hit regardless of screen placement.

Personal changes I want:
MB dive kick is safer on block at -8
Able to place bombs after the opponent is no longer frozen during a combo
Doing the input for a particular bomb special detonates the bomb
F2 becomes a mid.
Drone enhance version of slide that does more damage.
MB Ice beam is safe on block at -10 with the same pushback.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
After playing this character for a week it is clear he has a huuuge problem, and that is punishment. Since f13 ice ball doesn't connect, wtf are you supposed to punish with besides 111? Please don't say f13mb ice ball is the only option...

FrankOceansWaifu

Watch this set up.
After playing this character for a week it is clear he has a huuuge problem, and that is punishment. Since f13 ice ball doesn't connect, wtf are you supposed to punish with besides 111? Please don't say f13mb ice ball is the only option...
DE F12, F131xxSlide, F131xxIce Bomb -> set up

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
DE F12, F131xxSlide, F131xxIce Bomb -> set up
all of those are gimicky and only award small damage, not to mention most characters have an option of mixing up safely and meterlessly and CSZ has none of these, all you mentioned are very punishable and risky to do so.

his best moves as of now are B2/B1-2+4 and B3U4 (this one is get a cup of coffee and then punish on block) but its his best starter, and should be adjusted or allow him to use his others with normal freeze and considering all they have to do is wright a wrong they did on last patch and give back framnes of startup by making it 5 frames less on startup and adding those to the recovery so CSZ will still not be able to spam that move, seems beyond fair of a request.

what they did was a whole ,lot more than just his freeze it was:

The horrible patch of 3-29 for Triborg

• Triborg - 1 is now +12 on hit (down from 19) Translation = Nerf = can't connect normal ice ball on hit and gap for block.
  • Triborg - 1,1 is now +9 on hit (down from 19) Translation = Nerf = cant connect normal ice ball on hit and gap for block.
  • Triborg - 1,1,1 is now +15 on hit (down from 17) Translation = Nerf = less hit advantage and no follow up.
  • Triborg - Towards+1 is now +13 on hit (down from 20) Translation = Nerf = no follow up combo from hit advantage like jax and many others have.
  • Triborg - 2 is now +14 on hit (down from 19) Translation = Nerf = Less hit advantage and no follow up.
  • Triborg - Towards+3 is now +15 on hit (down from 20) Translation = Nerf equals no follow up and less hit advantage.
  • Triborg - 2,1 is now +17 on hit (down from 24) Translation = Nerf = people complained that universal and cyrax's 212 was to oppresive even though you could duck the last hit which was high and could full combo punish on wiff.
  • Triborg - 2,1,3 is now -1 on block (down from -6) Translation =Buff = Universal to all triborgs.
  • Triborg - 3 is now +12 on hit (down from 29) Translation = [Mega Nerf] to many variations, this hurt Sektor, Cyrax setups, Cyber Sub Zero in midscreen, and Smoke performing Vortex easily.
  • Triborg - Away+3 now has 15 startup frames (up from 11) Translation [Mega nerf] to a universal Low Starter, made it slower to start and less rewarding in many matchups.
  • Triborg - Down+3 is now +12 on hit (down from 18) Translation [Nerf] this made D3 poke less advantageous and cut the possible followup against a few matchups.
  • Triborg - 4 is now +12 on hit (down from 17) Translation [Nerf] this gave less hit advantage to standing 4 and made follow up harder against some matchups.
  • Triborg (CyberZero) - Towards+2 will no longer sometimes be missing it’s hit regions when canceled into from a run. Translation [Silent Nerf] they tried to make this look like a fix or buff when it was far from helkping Cyber Sub in any way, this dumb adjustment took away midscreen Ice Bomb into B3D4 HTB and took away capability of looping it on opponent not only in corner but midscreen as well.
  • Triborg (CyberZero) - Ice Ball now has 26 startup frames (up from 21) Mega Nerf = this made F13(high,low) not connect with Normal ice ball(BF1) it also took away these following starters into normal ice ball: B1, 1, 11, B3. after this none of them could be used as a starter, and he has to rely on 111(high,mid,mid) B3U4(Low,mid,mid launcher) this one is OMG punishable on block, when blocked you flip around in air for ages untill they punish. and B2 which takes away Half of your stamina so you can't really follow up with RC connects, kind of defeats the purpose. and is punishable on block.
  • Triborg (CyberZero) - reduced the stun frames on Ice Ball by 13. Translation [Mega Nerf] This one hurt CSZ alot, this made it when you hit them close up with a freeze which btw starts up hella slow, that he can be pounished and forced to guess mixups and cancel pressure. we all know its slow enough now that anyone who knows how to play the game at a moderate level could simply duck each ice ball freeze.

Whats funny is all im asking is for freeze to have iuts original startup back and add that nerf to the recovery so his much needed starters are left intact, well as much as they can be after almost every Triborg string has been murdered. but none the less all im asking for is one thing back out of many. obviouisly nothing i have asked for Cyber Sub Zero to get back is game changing or even remotely close to Over Powered. after all he still wont have HTB's that are guaranteed, he still won't have great hit advantage, his F2 will still wiff alot, and it will not grant him enough advantage to force mixup. he will just have what most characters have plus more. he will have a low and OH starter. when all others have that plus a way to make them safe. all i ask for cyber is tha capability to have one not even make it safe. when he has that he will be on grounds with Cyrax's neutral minus the HTB's.

FrankOceansWaifu

Watch this set up.
all of those are gimicky and only award small damage, not to mention most characters have an option of mixing up safely and meterlessly and CSZ has none of these, all you mentioned are very punishable and risky to do so.
DE F12 Run 2 F131 Slide is 27% midscreen, is an 8F high and is +2 on block, F13 is -4, F131 is -8 and are easily all hit comfirmable into a slide/bomb. I don't understand how that is "only" small damage, 27% midscreen is decent and you seem to forget the massive corner carry as well. I admit that the bomb set up after is gimmicky, but having a bomb on screen helps his neutral but you already know that so ye.

And CSZ does not need to be able to safely and meterlessly mix and saying that he should be able to because other characters can is not a valid argument imo. The other characters do not have his frame data or mobility or neutral game, etc. His b1/b3 are already un-fuzzyable with good range to both albeit they can be argued to be reactable. I see nothing wrong with having to spend a bar for either and when blocked be -9 WITH slight pushback.

his best moves as of now are B2/B1-2+4 and B3U4 (this one is get a cup of coffee and then punish on block) but its his best starter, and should be adjusted or allow him to use his others with normal freeze and considering all they have to do is wright a wrong they did on last patch and give back framnes of startup by making it 5 frames less on startup and adding those to the recovery so CSZ will still not be able to spam that move, seems beyond fair of a request.
Why are you doing B3U4 anywhere outside of after a freeze?

Last edited:

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
I have mentioned this before, they handled the iceball machine gun in the wrong way, hitting the character too hard. ALSO, I'd say remove the scaling from divekicks mid combos, the drones make sense but his combos can't exist without putting dive kicks in them so it was purposeless nerf that shouldn't have happened.
This. Remove dive kick scaling keep drone scaling UNLESS you ex drone summon then there is no scaling on ex drone in combo.

MadeOfMetal

DE F12 Run 2 F131 Slide is 27% midscreen, is an 8F high and is +2 on block, F13 is -4, F131 is -8 and are easily all hit comfirmable into a slide/bomb. I don't understand how that is "only" small damage, 27% midscreen is decent and you seem to forget the massive corner carry as well. I admit that the bomb set up after is gimmicky, but having a bomb on screen helps his neutral but you already know that so ye.

And CSZ does not need to be able to safely and meterlessly mix and saying that he should be able to because other characters can is not a valid argument imo. The other characters do not have his frame data or mobility or neutral game, etc. His b1/b3 are already un-fuzzyable with good range to both albeit they can be argued to be reactable. I see nothing wrong with having to spend a bar for either and when blocked be -9 WITH slight pushback.

Why are you doing B3U4 anywhere outside of after a freeze?
because its a great tool in corner, for F2 EX ball setups to loop 30+% an easy 90% in one 2 guess situations. and its agreat launcher if conditioned.

MadeOfMetal

Fuck YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS I GOT THEM BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

CSZ gets hius Startrs back all i wanted Booyah haters! just my victory dance for all the haters that said he is fine the way he is Blah blah blah i just want to hate on one of the worst characters in the game for no reason. im so fucking happy, waiting for Cyrax buffs:)

check it out @Tanno , @Kindred Hell yeah doggy fuck yeah. you got your CSZ changes im happy for ya.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Fuck YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS I GOT THEM BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

CSZ gets hius Startrs back all i wanted Booyah haters! just my victory dance for all the haters that said he is fine the way he is Blah blah blah i just want to hate on one of the worst characters in the game for no reason. im so fucking happy, waiting for Cyrax buffs:)

check it out @Tanno , @Kindred Hell yeah doggy fuck yeah. you got your CSZ changes im happy for ya.
I know of these news since yesterday. ;)

As a GMSZ mainer I have huge problem. They buffed Mileena.

MadeOfMetal

I know of these news since yesterday. ;)

As a GMSZ mainer I have huge problem. They buffed Mileena.
what do you mean, they nerfed Mileena?

they made her Normal Ball roll not able to juggle without Meter?

MadeOfMetal

what im wondering is:

does this mean that all his starters connect with Freeze?

did they make it 5 frames faster on startup and make Recovery 5 frames slower?

or did they make F13 have nmore hit advantage and does B1/1/11 connect with NONE Metered Freeze?

Tanno

what do you mean, they nerfed Mileena?

they made her Normal Ball roll not able to juggle without Meter?
Check her GIF and you'll understand. They did input insta EX-roll there. They didn't nerf her. They buffed her.

MadeOfMetal

Check her GIF and you'll understand. They did input insta EX-roll there. They didn't nerf her. They buffed her.
that would also be a NERF if that EX roll, then she does not have OH and no Armor it looks like the entire Animation for EX roll is changed, if its what your saying.

but i still believe that normal Ball roll like Mitsu Owns explaines and many others in the loop. and they are calling it a Huge Nerf. but we have to wait and see.

honeslty all she needed is B12 to be-5 on block and B12 to have 8 additional recovery frames and she would be hella fair.

MadeOfMetal

confirmed, seen Saltface and Carlwhite talking about it on twitter, its a Nerf to Normal Ball Roll, not a Buff. rest assured.

dont know if they know for sure, but it seemed they where sure its a nerf to ball roll. cuz they corrected others who jumped to the conclusion that Mileena got buffs. yeah you where not alone. there was some people freaking out mad shit. about it. like ima quit and all that shit lol.

Tanno

confirmed, seen Saltface and Carlwhite talking about it on twitter, its a Nerf to Normal Ball Roll, not a Buff. rest assured.
"Deep breaths out"

Now I'll be at ease. I have tons of tests to see what works, and what no longer works. If I had a hitbox, I could test it myself, but no money here. Holding them for later purposes.

MadeOfMetal

"Deep breaths out"

Now I'll be at ease. I have tons of tests to see what works, and what no longer works. If I had a hitbox, I could test it myself, but no money here. Holding them for later purposes.
We need Kenshi and Cyrax changes now i can't wait 3 days LMAO. for real though
is

MadeOfMetal

AP = Astral Projections. Since he's a telekinetic guy, his souls are the Astral Projections, which are within his psychokinetic powers.
i get it know but man how the F was i supposed to guess that.lol you are making up acronyms lol.

But yeah, Rising KArma, Tele Flurry, 43, and many other moves need hitbox and Recovery Adjustments. and i personnaly think D4 needs to be fast like Scorpion D4 that would be Awesome. and make me eternally grateful.

MadeOfMetal

If they block low you can be punished horribly for trying this
you could, but everything has its situation it can be used, like is aid with conditioning its always possible. i play my opponents not the matchup. if they let me do it out of fear, then ill abuse it.