What's new

General/Other - Cyber Sub-Zero CSZ KP3 requests, adjustments and or Buffs

Do you agree with the adjustments/Buffs?

• Agree with adjustments

• Disagree

Results are only viewable after voting.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Cyber Sub Zero Adjustments for upcomming patch/possible KP3 patch
Needed Adjustments:
  • BF1 (Freeze) - Reduce Startup by 5 frames and add 5 frames of recovery, to fix machine gunning problem he had will still allowing him to use his normals to start with freeze.
(since some didnt understand this is how his freeze was prepatch, but he just would have an additional 5 frames of recovery so he can't machine gun it like pre patch) honestly how it should have been done, instead of screwing all his starters up like they did.

Luxury adjustments:
  • B1 - reduce startup by 3 frames
  • F13 - increase hit advantage by 5 frames
  • B3U4 - make it -9 on block
  • Freeze/Freezebomb and B1-2+4 + Block - should not cancel each-other out in combo:
he should at least be able to use two in a combo. Example: B1-2+4 EX, B3U4, NJP, 21 xx Freeze, F131 xx ender. instead of aany freeze canceling out other freeze abilitys, since he has absurd damage reduction on his drone buffs and just about everything this could give him close to decent damage hopefully in the 30's midscreen.

Last edited:

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
What the need to do is give iceball it's old startup back and only have changed recovery instead so his bnbs would be intact and the rapid fire iceballs would be stopped. B1 is fine, there is no point in changing f13, and b3u4 should remain how it is imo.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
What the need to do is give iceball it's old startup back and only have changed recovery instead so his bnbs would be intact and the rapid fire iceballs would be stopped. B1 is fine, there is no point in changing f13, and b3u4 should remain how it is imo.
I have mentioned this before, they handled the iceball machine gun in the wrong way, hitting the character too hard. ALSO, I'd say remove the scaling from divekicks mid combos, the drones make sense but his combos can't exist without putting dive kicks in them so it was purposeless nerf that shouldn't have happened.

MadeOfMetal

thats what i said in op, -5 startup plus 5 recovery, im strugghling to understand how you didnt get thats what i said in the op, making the freeze 5 frames faster would make it how it was prepatch, his B1 into Freeze would still connect, his F13 and 1/11 would still connect with normal freeze, but what they did was make the freeze 5 frames slower on patch which made them able to block the freeze after B1/F13/1/11 any of those linked into normal freeze. if it was done on recovery like i suggested he could not machine gun his freeze but still have his core starters intact.

Last edited:

Addhad

GOD OF EARTHRELM
in no world is Cyber Sub Zero ok how he is, he is easily bottom 3 and on everyones list bottom 10
OI YA JUDT DISNT FIND DA NEW TACH YA BLUUDY CAUNT.

OHHHH MY DAIS MADZIN WITH THE READ GRANTIN HIM ESL SEASON 3 FINALS OH MAI DAIS MADZIN LANDING A RISKY SLIDE WORKS OUT FOR HIN UN THE END MADZIN

MadeOfMetal

OI YA JUDT DISNT FIND DA NEW TACH YA BLUUDY CAUNT.

OHHHH MY DAIS MADZIN WITH THE READ GRANTIN HIM ESL SEASON 3 FINALS OH MAI DAIS MADZIN LANDING A RISKY SLIDE WORKS OUT FOR HIN UN THE END MADZIN
no dissrespect to madzin but that time he placed top 3 with CSZ he also used many other characters to get there, and it was only 2 days after patch adjustments and noone was used to the matchup. now we don't see anyone using CSZ solely to make any top 8, he is always carried by some other character or pocket. he is clearly lacking in this MKXL tier list.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
thats what i said in op, -5 startup plus 5 recovery, im strugghling to understand how you didnt get thats what i said in the op, making the freeze 5 frames faster would make it how it was prepatch, his B1 into Freeze would still connect, his F13 and 1/11 would still connect with normal freeze, but what they did was make the freeze 5 frames slower on patch which made them able to block the freeze after B1/F13/1/11 any of those linked into normal freeze. if it was done on recovery like i suggested he could not machine gun his freeze but still have his core starters intact.
I agree but you messed with other strings which I don't think he needs.

MadeOfMetal

Slight damage increase
DE F12 easier to combo off of midscreen
All he needs
and all his starters back and id be fine with that.

I feel 100% he needs his Freeze adjusted so B1/F13/1/11 all work with normal freeze and that alone i can rock that. but the other things i asked where luxury requests.

MadeOfMetal

I agree but you messed with other strings which I don't think he needs.
they where just luxury ones i asked for, i cleared that up now. honestly all i feel he needs is his starters back by changing how freeze starts upa nd the recovery so it still prevents him from machine gunning.

MadeOfMetal

Good suggestions. I hope they give some love to the borgs, CSZ and Cyrax got overnerfed most definitely.
he doesnt really need the others but honestly they did murder all the strings i talked about, they added recovery and reduced all hit advantage on last patch for him on all and more strings. it was kinda a f-d up day for CSZ.

FrankOceansWaifu

Watch this set up.
and all his starters back and id be fine with that.

I feel 100% he needs his Freeze adjusted so B1/F13/1/11 all work with normal freeze and that alone i can rock that. but the other things i asked where luxury requests.
I have to disagree because giving him back his old starters would imo just make him a better cyrax. He already has great corner carry, better set-ups, better mobility. A DE F12 would compensate for a his lack of F13xxice ball and also give him more of a reason to summon drones. B1 still being able to combo for a bar is fair imo.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Changes I would make would be to :
-allow him to dive kick after a blocked b3u4
-change the properties of drones. Maybe make iceballs connect on certain strings such as b3 and f13when a drone is out
-make his dive kick safe if it hits waist or down
- make drones unscale damage in combos for certain attacks like f12 or mb slide to increase damage out put in combos

CrazyFingers

Changes I would make would be to :
-allow him to dive kick after a blocked b3u4
-change the properties of drones. Maybe make iceballs connect on certain strings such as b3 and f13when a drone is out
-make his dive kick safe if it hits waist or down
- make drones unscale damage in combos for certain attacks like f12 or mb slide to increase damage out put in combos
Instead of that last bit, i think removing scaling from divekicks in combos would be a less messy way to do things and overall just help the character more because the divekick scaling is what absolutely neutered his damage, not the drone scaling.

Tweedy

Noob
Whoever you think is top tier, remove them from the game.

Then think about what he "needs".

Because that will be the case, most likely.

Not disagreeing or anything, I just think people need to tread lightly with buffs.

CrazyFingers

Whoever you think is top tier, remove them from the game.

Then think about what he "needs".

Because that will be the case, most likely.

Not disagreeing or anything, I just think people need to tread lightly with buffs.
Absolutely, we've already seen that this character has the possibility to break the game, he top 5 at least on his release so while he is in the gutters right now, balancing the top tier is much more important