What's new

CSZ anti-wakeup :D

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
OK questions:
Does this work on all wake-ups or does the timing of the wake-up matter? I.e. does this also happen with slower wake-ups?
After the parry hit whiffs what happens exactly? Can you like go in and keep that whiffed hit in hand until they decide to hit you? Or does it disappear with time?

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
lol. This does not work on all wake-ups, but many. It affects different characters, well, differently. If you read my youtube description, it's often safer to use U4+slide instead of U4+parry. Varies depending on your opponent.

The parry glitch was discovered by someone else a long time ago. It happens when your opponent hits an ice bomb and parry at the same time. Instead, I'm throwing in U4(cancel)+parry to make it safer against wake-up attacks... but like I said U4(cancel)+slide is often safer.

I'm just surprised you can hit your opponent OTG after the parry glitch. I don't know if that was known before.

Last edited:

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
The timing is just about the same for the U4(cancel) against all enemy wake-ups, unless they are choosing to stay on the ground, in which they'll still get hit by the ice bomb. Timing is strict, just takes practice. It's not safe against all enemy wake-ups, but it's a useful tool. Sometimes standing 2(cancel) is safer. I'm still messing around with this stuff.

Cyrax can do something similar and much more dangerous.

Last edited:

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
try it in a match to make sure its not just for training mode? (since training mode is dumb like that)

Insuperable

My mom tells me I'm pretty
I was excited to try this, but then I remembered I never beat story mode :(

Such is the life of a CSZ man ;_;

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
This same thing is in Injustice. You're "hitting" them with your attack on their wakeup. The invincibility of the wakeup attack "absorbs" the first hit and since it registers as a hit you can special cancel it.

Edit: As for that wack delayed parry thing. That's exclusive to mk9. It still happens when people put too many projectiles on the screen and you'll randomly get hit by something when nothing is there. It looks like you make this consistent though, so that's cool.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
lol you can use the parry for an OTG 50/50 corner setup. Video about to come. Will be hard to pull off in a match, but at least it's something.