Predator
Reptile
Shinnok
Raiden
Cassie
Jax
Maybe D'Vorah
Maybe Takeda

That said, Tremor can do work in the hands of the right player. But you are going to have to work harder and make better reads than your opponent.
LMFAO im done

Dukmunky

Arms Dealer, including all 4 of Goro's
LMFAO im done
So you think tremor beats all those chars 6/4 or what?

I said tremor is a great character but you have to make good reads. You will notice that a lot of the characters I listed get free pressure almost at will, which tremor does not, especially after losing his mid hitting 2. In the current meta of MKX, pressure characters tend to have the most success.

Seemed a reasonable observation to me, but I guess if you're done you're done.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
so does anyone see a point to using ex crystal summon?
know you can get a few link combos off the cancels i dunno if have they have more worth over ex db2 run cancels (obviously primary use of meter in crystalline is for ex shatters and ex dd4)

Dukmunky

Arms Dealer, including all 4 of Goro's
so does anyone see a point to using ex crystal summon?
know you can get a few link combos off the cancels but i dunno if have they have more worth over ex db2 run cancels (obviously primary use of meter in crystalline is for ex shatters and ex dd4)
It is just another mixup. I've seen some crazy gimmicks involving ending a combo with jumping off the interactable to mess up wake ups, starting another combo ending in xx interactable throw, then running in for a third mixup. Haven't figured out a way to do it practically, though.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
So we all know at this point that Tremor's frame data is messed up, but this error I found is pretty significant:

This applies to Crystalline only.

In-game frame data says:

DB1 (23 startup) (-12 on block) (29 on hit)
EXDB1 (23 startup) (-12 on block) (29 on hit)

Actual frame data is:

DB1 (28 startup) (+1 on block) (+11 on hit)
EXDB1 (28 startup) (+11 on block) (knockdown on hit)

So looks like Tremor can cancel into a special that is +11 on block.

Remind you of anyone?
Do those plus frames apply to db1d too? It's most people's go-to wakeup with crystalline but it really doesn't seem like +11.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
What are you guys doing mid-screen once you've got your krystallization active? Lots of times I'll get a db2 knockdown leaving me fullscreen, and I'll get the armor out and go in to attack, but people always either start jumping or low poking like crazy, which breaks my armor and lets them recover quickly enough to just press more buttons.

Am I maybe utilizing it wrong? I find krystallization to be 10x more effective in the corner.

1man3letters

What are you guys doing mid-screen once you've got your krystallization active? Lots of times I'll get a db2 knockdown leaving me fullscreen, and I'll get the armor out and go in to attack, but people always either start jumping or low poking like crazy, which breaks my armor and lets them recover quickly enough to just press more buttons.

Am I maybe utilizing it wrong? I find krystallization to be 10x more effective in the corner.
with db2 enders midscreen after i put flex on i generally just start throwing overhead rocks or rolling kutters.
midscreen you dont really have enough frames to get your db2 ender, flex up and go in for free oki unless your opponent just sits there (which some do vs flex)
with getting poked when you have it on, the opponents advantage frames get eaten up by flex so just d1 them back or even ex shatter after the armor has been broken.
with people jumping, about since you dont really have access to ex armor when flex is on you'll have to anti air with normals or try a trip guard

yea its way way stronger in the corner but move still does a hell of alot of work midscreen to help with zoning/less chip getting in etc etc

marietta1200

Best Coast
Anyone out there crystallizing projectiles? I know it's not braindead-easy, but seems like it could be a useful tool.

EDIT: Literally have not seen it once on stream or offline or anything. So yeah. Not really anticipating negative edge grenade reloads here...

Last edited:

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Anyone out there crystallizing projectiles? I know it's not braindead-easy, but seems like a useful tool... particularly when a zoner's trying to chip you out.
When I played tremor it seemed barely worth it. Everything in this game comes out to fast and you can't keep up just trying to counter projectiles.

marietta1200

Best Coast
When I played tremor it seemed barely worth it. Everything in this game comes out to fast and you can't keep up just trying to counter projectiles.
Agreed. There were a few matches early on when I was using the green machine and surprising some people at fullscreen w it. Just curious if anyone had come up with anything else in a few months...

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Agreed. There were a few matches early on when I was using the green machine and surprising some people at fullscreen w it. Just curious if anyone had come up with anything else in a few months...
Oh I don't know about new stuff. I haven't hang out with the rock ninja for a while.

lordspinalkillerinstinct

He is not my main even though i have that name
you can use it mid combo dont know if people know about it or If I allready posted about it.
look at 1 min and 5 sec you will see me use the ex version in a combo.
I dont use the character so I have not further explored.

marietta1200

Best Coast
you can use it mid combo dont know if people know about it or If I allready posted about it.
look at 1 min and 5 sec you will see me use the ex version in a combo.
I dont use the character so I have not further explored.

Swag combo! But I was talking about the countering properties of db1. Like it makes opponents' projectiles disappear.

marietta1200

Best Coast
unless its a slow moving projectile its pretty hard to use db1 to eat projectiles on reaction imo (crystalline shatter 24 frames)
You can keep the shatter prepped up for quite awhile in anticipation and thus cut way down on startup... but yeah it's basically only offline at full screen that it's even feasible. Gimmick only, I guess.

gibster13

A fan of fans
Im sort of new to the tremor threads. I THINK i have found something using the exdf3 but I'm not sure. I have not seen it anywhere else and I'm sorry if it has been found already.

It utilises the exdf3 off a f12/b32 and carry on the combo with f12. It can be used to get 34% one bar into knock or if it is blocked you can pressure. It works.

podizzler3000

http://streamable.com/ti5z
Im sort of new to the tremor threads. I THINK i have found something using the exdf3 but I'm not sure. I have not seen it anywhere else and I'm sorry if it has been found already.

It utilises the exdf3 off a f12/b32 and carry on the combo with f12. It can be used to get 34% one bar into knock or if it is blocked you can pressure. It works.
yes im pretty sure i seen alucarD doing this combo or some kind of corner combo with the crystal in a tournament a few months back. this was before he switched to sun god.

InFlames

dead
thought I would post this since not many people know about it, surprisingly

and of course its punishable during crystallization startup, didnt put that in there

M2Dave

Zoning Master
thought I would post this since not many people know about it, surprisingly

and of course its punishable during crystallization startup, didnt put that in there
With these absurd buffs to command grabs and the expected nerf to EX low stone shatter, Tremor should be able to block during d,d+1's recovery.

1man3letters

i wish the mutli hit armor on ex crystal throw actually functioned vs other armor,
never really annoyed me until the recent patch lol