What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Smoke Crystalline tremor

boba_buster

Noob saibot
ok any tips on crystalline when playing smoke? Got no prob with him using GM cuz ...well.... Armor. But with smoke....I dunno. I can't seem to play keep away because it just gives him the room to armor up , and when he does that I loose the ability to open him up when he does make a mistake. Any help would be great , don't know much about tremor in general

Cooljaxx

Mkx is the name , Mix is the game
Lab that MU. im a tremor player but I don't play smokes like that but if not mistaken Only a few strings into low shatter is a true block string. Ex faze our blockstrings you have a Invincible move for gods sake

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
He's so slow, for starters. He has several weak points against Smoke.

1) Armor Up: You should prevent it with your tele-cloud.
2) If he sends a grounded crystal, tele-stomp him.
3) If he does the IAQs, just jump in.

The rest is easy to read. I happened to play against him as GM Sub Zero in the MKXL Online Beta. He was quite good and we played some games, so I knew his weak points. I know about Smoke, because of my mate's 3rd main.

Good luck. :)

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Yea I feel like this is just an example of A: Grinding/Labbing the matchup and B: Faze is an underrated and absurd move. It's almost as good as EX Fade on Ethereal. Abuse that man, Smoke doesn't need that much meter to do what he does so get in there and faze around that fuck.

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Lab that MU. im a tremor player but I don't play smokes like that but if not mistaken Only a few strings into low shatter is a true block string. Ex faze our blockstrings you have a Invincible move for gods sake
An invincible move that doesn't physically get you anything , and can be baited and punished. I don't play tremor which is why I asked for advise so I could lab it.

Cooljaxx

Mkx is the name , Mix is the game
Just a little over half of tremors staggers are unsafe. If they bait and you read you can easily punish. And don't respect anything into bf2 on block. You can react and interrupt with a string.

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Yea I feel like this is just an example of A: Grinding/Labbing the matchup and B: Faze is an underrated and absurd move. It's almost as good as EX Fade on Ethereal. Abuse that man, Smoke doesn't need that much meter to do what he does so get in there and faze around that fuck.
I find that Phase isn't that great against cancel characters. All they have to do is delay there follow up a little and they auto correct direction and hit you while your in recovery from the phase. i mean I'm not saying that's the case with tremor , dude I was playing might have just been making great reads but against a list and those types ex phase feels useless considering how fast some characters normals recover on whiff