What's new

General/Other - Smoke Crusty's Food for Thought: Smoke and TriBorg

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Does B1 have a string to go with it or is that it?
im sure in one of the vars there is a string with it... its a universal i believe.

so cyrax can do that into stagger F43 thats plus 2 on block and set low bomb. just seen it in practice, so take it with a grain of salt

EDIT:

B1, 2+4

have no clue what the data is.. and no clue if smoke and cyrax can ex it...

but Cyber Sub Zero can EX that 2+4 to freeze them and follow up so its kinda a restand in CSZ maybe in Smoke and Cyrax since its universal.

Last edited:

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
im sure in one of the vars there is a string with it... its a universal i believe.

so cyrax can do that into stagger F43 thats plus 2 on block and set low bomb. just seen it in practice, so take it with a grain of salt

EDIT:

B1, 2+4

have no clue what the data is.. and no clue if smoke and cyrax can ex it...

but Cyber Sub Zero can EX that 2+4 to freeze them and follow up so its kinda a restand in CSZ maybe in Smoke and Cyrax since its universal.
Meh, I was hoping for a hitconfirmable string rather than a throw string. Oh well, I'm sure I'll find a way to make it work.

TheKingsAutopsy

The Bow, The Bird
if anyone has any Footage of Smoke's XL data, moves or tech. can you PM me.

i would love nothing more than seeing what can be done before it goes live :)
Just look up MKXL on YouTube and set the restrictions to "Uploaded today". Salextc is the main uploaded of the videos.

my question is though why? From what I understood, Smoke was completely obedient as a revenant in MK9 so why did you think Quan Chi did such a thing (unless of course he didn't do it). What are your personal interpretations of this.
Sorry I can not be more constructive... but my answer for you is .. "no one cares, but a few like you.". MK has always had a small plot but to get all precious about cannon and stuff seams a little silly to me. the focus of MK should be the playable characters and the game play they are in. For example it is fun to have a "old Cage and his kids" but dose that mean NRS needs to invent some BS rubbish to justify Cage being in the next game... fuck no. Just put him in the game. Same with Cyborg. He is in the game so people can play these popular characters and that is the end of the story, well the end of the story 98% of people care about.

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
Sorry I can not be more constructive... but my answer for you is .. "no one cares, but a few like you.". MK has always had a small plot but to get all precious about cannon and stuff seams a little silly to me. the focus of MK should be the playable characters and the game play they are in. For example it is fun to have a "old Cage and his kids" but dose that mean NRS needs to invent some BS rubbish to justify Cage being in the next game... fuck no. Just put him in the game. Same with Cyborg. He is in the game so people can play these popular characters and that is the end of the story, well the end of the story 98% of people care about.

You'd be surprised a lot of people care.

Also, this is ironic coming from a guy with a username like yours.

Pretty sure that the vast majority do not care in the least. I'd bet that most Cyrax and Sektor fans that have been begging for this form when MKx was announced are more focused on him being in the game and actually playing it,, rather than wondering why he is in it.

For me personally.... if I had my way all story would be reduced to a single paragraph of text at the end like in MK1-3. Story Mode is a callosal waste of dev resources that should go into more stages, balance and a larger roster. I'd also get rid of the intros to the games as well. I mean how much money and time did all that voice acting and writing take, and NO ONE watches any of it. More money for actual gameplay that people care about.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
I agree with replacing all the unique intros with something generic, nobody pays attention to that stuff after the first hour.

Instead, I would prefer more individualized in-game trash talk. It already exists, just push it to the next level and make it all unique.

myri

Time Warrior
Repost from reddit:

http://imgur.com/XOG8CQn

"Years ago, the Lin Kuei Grandmaster determined that his assassin clan would be more effective by eliminating their human weaknesses. They would adopt cybernetic bodies and technologically enhanced minds. In preparation, the Grandmaster ordered all members to submit to tests, during which their physical and mental data was secretly recorded and stored in an offsite database. After Sub-Zero eliminated all cyber-Lin Kuei, Special Forces discovered their hidden data storage site. They brought the drives to a secret S-F weapons lab, then downloaded several files into a test body. The consciousness of Sektor, Cyrax and Smoke somehow intermingled and brought the body to life. The "Triborg" wiped the lab clean of human occupants -- and now seeks to eliminate all organic life."

So that pretty much sums it up. Sometime before the cyber initiative started the grandmaster basically downloaded the mental/physical data of Smoke (and the other Lin Kuei) which is how it's possible for smoke to exist this way. So in reality it seems it isn't Smoke, but rather just his image imprinted on Triborg. Same goes for Sektor and Cyrax and I'm guessing Sub-Zero but it doesn't mention how he ties in with the other three, at least in terms of Triborg, I'm guessing he just happened to have downloaded Sub-Zero's image along with the other three.

Actually thinking about it more now, Triborg is kind of similar to Combot from Tekken. Point is that he is able to use different fighting styles that he has stored in his database (which happen to be Lin Kuei members) but on top of that he also takes on their visual appearance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.