What's new

Question Crossover JIP after B1,2?

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
Lol I don't think YOU get it. B121 and B12 give the same mix-up possibilities, except you're not giving up any damage. I'm not saying for for 212. If you think they're gonna try to tech the throw or jump out, then you go for 21. If it hits, you hit confirm 212 into a combo. If they block the 21, you can continue pressure, cancel into clone,w/e. you can do b2 and ice puddle shenanigans after b121 as well.
That what i am saying is that after JIP you can go for another b12.It happen often that people are trying to escape and you catch them again.If the b12 is blocked(not many players will poke ,cause on block you can put an ice clone and freeze them)....it seems to 21 comes out faster then the second 1 or 4 in the b121 or b124 strings. And let say they block the b12 and you hit them with 21, then you can crossover JIP them again into another b12(that makes them do misstakes). If the 21 is blocked you can go for d4 or 1 b12(if you think that they will wait for you to finish the 212 string. And the same situation. I know that you will say that you will poke or whatever , but if you poke after blocked b12 and i put ice clone and poke on blocked 21 and i finish the string.....you lose kind huge amound of life. What i am saying is that players who play against Sub-zero are trained to wait for the ice clone to come. And i am taking advantage of that. What you are saying is if finish b121 string you can go 212 or d4 or throw, but not b12 wich is hit confirm into freeze and you are getting a freezed standing opponent.With the 212 freze you have to finish the combo. My theory gives you chance to reset them and your is a combo opporunity(or throw). About the throw.....If i play against Sub Zero and be catched with b121 i am blocking low (at first) waiting for d4, then high waiting for 212 or 224 ice clone. Any time i am ready to tech the thtow, so it is not 100%. If i tech the throw you have to run after me again if i am some good zoner. Good luck!

Dark_Rob

Noob
What's a good follow up to a whiffed throw on b121? Pressure? back up? 22?
Whiffed throw attempts are punishable. However what degree of punishment is different depending on the character your fighting. If you whiff a throw against Kung Lao, prepare for takeoff. Your going skyward. Reptile, you will probably eat an elbow dash. Kitana might stick you with a D1. The most common thing you will eat is probably a low poke of some kind. What happens from there is a guess. They could either start with pressure of their own, try a crossover jump(in which case either 2,2 or a NJP will turn the tide back in your favor) or any number of other things. Whiffing a throw puts you at extreme disadvantage. The best thing to do is not whiff it. However sooner or later we all whiff a throw, so to anwser your question, the best thing to do is block and hope their reactions are to slow to punish.

Dark_Rob

Noob
That what i am saying is that after JIP you can go for another b12.It happen often that people are trying to escape and you catch them again.If the b12 is blocked(not many players will poke ,cause on block you can put an ice clone and freeze them)....it seems to 21 comes out faster then the second 1 or 4 in the b121 or b124 strings. And let say they block the b12 and you hit them with 21, then you can crossover JIP them again into another b12(that makes them do misstakes). If the 21 is blocked you can go for d4 or 1 b12(if you think that they will wait for you to finish the 212 string. And the same situation. I know that you will say that you will poke or whatever , but if you poke after blocked b12 and i put ice clone and poke on blocked 21 and i finish the string.....you lose kind huge amound of life. What i am saying is that players who play against Sub-zero are trained to wait for the ice clone to come. And i am taking advantage of that. What you are saying is if finish b121 string you can go 212 or d4 or throw, but not b12 wich is hit confirm into freeze and you are getting a freezed standing opponent.With the 212 freze you have to finish the combo. My theory gives you chance to reset them and your is a combo opporunity(or throw). About the throw.....If i play against Sub Zero and be catched with b121 i am blocking low (at first) waiting for d4, then high waiting for 212 or 224 ice clone. Any time i am ready to tech the thtow, so it is not 100%. If i tech the throw you have to run after me again if i am some good zoner. Good luck!
My friend, I understand what you are saying. But have you ever heard the saying "The more complicated they make the plumbing the easier it is to stop up the drain"? What I mean by this is here you have compiled mixup upon mixup upon mixup. You are trying to come up with every anwser you can have for every possible contingency in a given situation. With so many mixups floating around in your head your bound to mix yourself up instead. Hell Im getting mixed up just reading it lol.
Your over complicating your plumbing to such a degree that when this situation presents itself your gonna stop up your drain and hesitate because your trying to think about all these different possibilities and your going to short your brain out lol.
Sure its good to know the possibilities, but once you do, forget about them. Clear your mind and fight on instinct, because thats what Subzero is all about, instinct. Because for every one of these scenarios you still have a 50/50 chance of guessing right and a 50/50 chance of guessing wrong.
Trust your instincts and let the flow of the fight guide you. Dont hesitate, act. Your decision will either be right or wrong, but thats all it could ever be anyway.

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
My friend, I understand what you are saying. But have you ever heard the saying "The more complicated they make the plumbing the easier it is to stop up the drain"? What I mean by this is here you have compiled mixup upon mixup upon mixup. You are trying to come up with every anwser you can have for every possible contingency in a given situation. With so many mixups floating around in your head your bound to mix yourself up instead. Hell Im getting mixed up just reading it lol.
Your over complicating your plumbing to such a degree that when this situation presents itself your gonna stop up your drain and hesitate because your trying to think about all these different possibilities and your going to short your brain out lol.
Sure its good to know the possibilities, but once you do, forget about them. Clear your mind and fight on instinct, because thats what Subzero is all about, instinct. Because for every one of these scenarios you still have a 50/50 chance of guessing right and a 50/50 chance of guessing wrong.
Trust your instincts and let the flow of the fight guide you. Dont hesitate, act. Your decision will either be right or wrong, but thats all it could ever be anyway.
I am sorry if it sound too complicated, but the whole point is that i preffer to go for b12 on a frozen oponent into JIP int b12 again insted for b121 dash 212 throw. It seems to have better chance to reset or mix them. That doesn't mean that i do that all the time, but catches people offguard. When you say "Follow your instincts" sounds kind a funny, cause it seems that everybody has the same instincts.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
I think Dark_Rob should change his name to Mr. Miyagi lol I felt like the karate kid listening to his wise similes and great advice. Listen fellas, NOBODY should EVER pressure with b121 or b124...any high level player is going to punish you for it or poke you out of it (depending the character/player) b121 should only used to hit a grounded frozen opponent. After the b121 is where the possibilities pile up (throw, d4, f4 freeze in they commit to low blocking, 212 clone, 21 pressure, b12 clone etc etc etc) these are the tools you should use once you're in.

But if you 21 pressure always be aware of what character your facing because a list of moves can interrupt your 212 (spin, ex nut punch, ex cartwheel, basically most armored or 6 frame specials).

Finally got my laptop back folks so I should be posting more often.

MK Kobra

Noob
I'm not gonna reply to everything you're saying, because honestly, I really don't care. I was just trying to clear something up for you lol. What I will say though is that if you're crouch blocking after b121, you're eating a f4 freeze.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
But, Rob, that is exactly what makes me such a good player. If I am so mixed up even I don't know what I am going to do, how is my opponent going to know? Lol.

Anyway, I agree with Rob. All this is nonsense, really. In the heat of battle, you don't have time to entertain all these possibilities equally.