What's new

CrossCounterTv Tonight: Big Evo Announcement w/ Special Guest MrWizard!

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
We have received special word that tonight at 9PM PST on Cross Counter Tv that SRK & EVO's very own, MrWizard will be the guest and he is coming with a special 'announcement' that is looking to be big. We do not know any details at this point other than it's Evo-related, so considering Mortal Kombat is returning to the Evolution 2012 coliseum at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas on July 6-8 this year... there is a chance that this could very well concern Mortal Kombat.

So, tonight at 9PM PST (if you need a different time to reflect your time zone, click here and enter your respective location information) you will need to go to www.Twitch.Tv/CrossCounterTv Hype Much?!
crosscounter.png

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
Is it just me or has MLG made EVO feel second rate?
not to me, Evo is Evo man, its built a reputation up through years and years, whereas MLG has only just picked up MK so i dont feel anywhere near as attatched to it, if someones more interested in the money side then i can see where you're coming from, but not for me haha

gonna be tuning in to this later for sure :)

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
If you're in it for the pay day, absolutely. However, if you still get your thrills from achieving glory, then Evo is still where it's at.

Nothing wrong with either one, though!
Couldn't one make the argument that money on the line makes things even more hype and more glory to be achieved?

Add in the fact that MLG "really" cares about Mortal Kombat unlike many of the EVO majors.

EVO just really has the name and the tradition. MLG has everything else really.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
Couldn't one make the argument that money on the line makes things even more hype and more glory to be achieved?

Add in the fact that MLG "really" cares about Mortal Kombat unlike many of the EVO majors.

That's quite true, actually. Had not thought of it that way. I still have a bit of the FGC mentality in me since I still play the occasional non-MK fighter.

But, to me, if I didn't give a crap about money; I'd still choose EVO over MLG. I've always been a sucker for tradition, I suppose.

But I totally see your argument.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
That's quite true, actually. Had not thought of it that way. I still have a bit of the FGC mentality in me since I still play the occasional non-MK fighter.

But, to me, if I didn't give a crap about money; I'd still choose EVO over MLG. I've always been a sucker for tradition, I suppose.
MLG treats MK like it should be treated. Not a bathroom stall freak show.

DanCock

Cock Master!!

I agree!!!

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Via_Negativa

Darkforge
MLG are fickle, they wont hold on to MK long unless it consistently pulls bigger numbers. (and even then they could drop it at a minutes notice) You guys are forgetting about whats happened to fighting games before with these guys. They also have little understanding of the fighting game scene in general. I would also rather win Evo. Also from an armchair warrior perspective and not being able to live in the US and all, their streams are fucking horrible commercial shit and they cant even do that part right, oh and wub wub wub...

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
MLG are fickle, they wont hold on to MK long unless it consistently pulls bigger numbers. They also have little understanding of the fighting game scene. I would also rather win Evo. Also from an armchair warrior perspective not being able to live in the US and all, their streams are fucking horrible commercial shit and they cant even do that part right
This is why everyone should be supporting MLG so they keep MK on. Also the stream is high quality and at least there IS A stream and it' not run from a phone or is laggy as hell or has no audio.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
MLG are fickle, they wont hold on to MK long unless it consistently pulls bigger numbers. (and even then they could drop it at a minutes notice) You guys are forgetting about whats happened to fighting games before with these guys. They also have little understanding of the fighting game scene in general. I would also rather win Evo. Also from an armchair warrior perspective and not being able to live in the US and all, their streams are fucking horrible commercial shit and they cant even do that part right, oh and wub wub wub...
I didn't watch the MK stream since I was there, but it did seem horrid. It was their first time streaming it however, so we'll see if they learn from their mistakes in CA.

Via_Negativa

Darkforge
wait, Claude VonStroke.... What? We obviously watched different streams man..... I watched their Mk stream, it was no where near as good as the most amateur streams I have seen in the fighting game scene. The first day I saw maybe 3 matches in terrible quality (higher of which you have to pay for!) interspersed with half an hour breaks of commercials and in some cases, absolutely nothing or focused on the audience with nothing but the drone of dubstep. it's was fucking laughable, or should I say would have been laughable if I did not miss so many good matches that happened.... You sir, are crazy

When people say "Well MLG is only big because of $" makes no sense to me. Why is that a negative thing?

It's like when poor people hate on someone that has better things, obviously, you're going to hate because the other person is better off, or try to justify yourself to not being inferior.

The announcement is probably Skullgirls as main tournament or SFxTK not being a Team Tourny.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
wait, Claude VonStroke.... What? We obviously watched different streams man..... I watched their Mk stream, it was no where near as good as the most amateur streams I have seen in the fighting game scene. The first day I saw maybe 3 matches in terrible quality (higher of which you have to pay for!) interspersed with half an hour breaks of commercials and in some cases, absolutely nothing or focused on the audience with nothing but the drone of dubstep. it's was fucking laughable, or should I say would have been laughable if I did not miss so many good matches that happened.... You sir, are crazy
I was there lol but i watched the stream later when i got home and i understand there was a ton of time between matches and that should be fixed (which i think it will.) but it was still not laggy, had commentary, and was not run from a phone, oh and existed.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
I agree with everything that you say here, except for your mention of the video quality. You may not have known this at the time, but if you upped the video quality to "Medium" (the option was in the lower right-hand corner, if I remember correctly), the video came fairly close to looking HD. However, you would have had to pay if you wanted anything higher than that.

But yeah, it defaulted to "Low" so if you didn't mess with that at all when you first tuned into the stream; then it definitely looked like shit. lol

MLG - 128 man bracket.
EVO - No Limit.

EVO will be the biggest MK tournament all year, and will contain the most people from various parts of the world. That's why it's still big even if it pays less than MLG.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
MLG - 128 man bracket.
EVO - No Limit.

EVO will be the biggest MK tournament all year, and will contain the most people from various parts of the world. That's why it's still big even if it pays less than MLG.
MLG said they would double the bracket if they got enough interest.

People think MLG will hold onto a game that has low numbers of spectators and sponsors? WB and Sony are the ONLY reason why MK9 is at MLG, lets be real.

Matter of fact NO fighting games come close to numbers such as LoL or SC2. The only game that can contend is SF4 and even that still loses badly.

So the only way to have MK9 stay with MLG is to get bigger numbers, and I mean like triple of what they currently are. If its not even close to 100k viewers per MLG than its always at risk to be dropped at a seconds notice.

MLG said they would double the bracket if they got enough interest.
And I doubt they'd pull it off.

In all honesty, MLG shouldn't marginalize EVO. EVO shouldn't Marginalize MLG. They're both two of the biggest tournaments in MK, and people should go to both.

And I'd point out here, that stream monsters do matter. You'll have over 50K people watching MK at EVO in the Top 8. That's how you introduce a game to new potential fans and players. MLG at the moment cannot match even close to that in terms of viewers.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
And I doubt they'd pull it off.

In all honesty, MLG shouldn't marginalize EVO. EVO shouldn't Marginalize MLG. They're both two of the biggest tournaments in MK, and people should go to both.

And I'd point out here, that stream monsters do matter. You'll have over 50K people watching MK at EVO in the Top 8. That's how you introduce a game to new potential fans and players. MLG at the moment cannot match even close to that in terms of viewers.
Wait why dod you doubt that? They had MORE than enough stations to pull it off. And yes they could match it if they had enough players committing to going and they worked on their stream (which i believe Sabin said they will improve on.)

Plus who the FUCK made this tournament on 4th of july weekend? You know how expensive plane tickets and hotel rooms are because of that one stupid decision? Basically i can't even go because of it.