What's new

critique :)

hey everyone, my friend and I just started picking up on umk3 almost a week ago now and we finally decided to just record some friendlies and post them up. we're looking for advice/tips on our matchups, what we should do in different situations, what we're doing wrong, etc. so anything you see bad (which will likely be every second) feel free to provide your input. we don't get offended easily, so don't hesitate to be very critical :)

Take off the stupid ass watermarks. Seriously, that's just fucking dumb.

Not trying to be mean, it's just really annoying.

Props for having Melee videos though.

Also I only watched a little, but never, ever jump over an opponent and punch on your way up. It will never hit. Ever. Also you really need to work on your BnB combos. UMK3 is very tech heavy and you need to be able to pull off your combos when you get the chance.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter

Also I only watched a little, but never, ever jump over an opponent and punch on your way up. It will never hit. Ever. Also you really need to work on your BnB combos. UMK3 is very tech heavy and you need to be able to pull off your combos when you get the chance.
You really gotta stop with that stuff.

Anyway, study the basics, learn the rules for special limitations, get some consistency with combos, and then after a few months look into more advanced stuff.

You really gotta stop with that stuff.

Anyway, study the basics, learn the rules for special limitations, get some consistency with combos, and then after a few months look into more advanced stuff.
Well it is. There's no reason to put it there, it just makes you look narcissistic.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Well it is. There's no reason to put it there, it just makes you look narcissistic.
Who cares? Do what you want with your own videos. If they want to plaster watermarks and logos all over the place, that's their business.

what's kara jab?
Canceling your run jabs with block. When you press HP or LP, you can cancel it with block. If you do it while run jabbing, you'll jab a lot quicker and your run meter will deplete a lot slower than usual. You'll also be able to block sweeps by doing this.

Sorry about the watermarks, if we could remove them we would. We can only record the videos to a mac, and we can't find any capture program to download for it so we're just using a trial version which also only lets us record 10 minutes at a time D:

Who cares? Do what you want with your own videos. If they want to plaster watermarks and logos all over the place, that's their business.
And when they post them publicly I've got every right to criticize them for doing so. Just because they can do something with it doesn't make it a good idea.

Sorry about the watermarks, if we could remove them we would. We can only record the videos to a mac, and we can't find any capture program to download for it so we're just using a trial version which also only lets us record 10 minutes at a time D:
Ohhhh, that makes sense. Sorry about that, I thought it was a screen name. It annoys me to no end when people watermark gameplay videos with their screen name "so people wont steal it". Like people are gonna steal your stupid videos, get over yourselves.

Yeah and feel free to do it on youtube. You have been openly condescending several times. He asked nicely, please take it as a hint instead of some "Internet Rights Debate".

You've never seen anyone steal a youtube video? (rhetorical)
Of course they do, but not random videos of new to average players. Even when they do, they just get called out and flamed to shit.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Also I wasn't being condescending, I gave plenty of helpful advice.
Why do you feel the need to come back every single time someone tells you to stop what you are doing? I don't want you telling other members what they did was fucking stupid just because you don't like it and then say "I'm not trying to be mean." It's like you kicked them in the balls and said "I didn't mean to kick you in the balls." What you're doing is fucking stupid, and no one's telling you like that. This is a constant thing, we don't need site personalities assuming roles like they have to be there.

Why do you feel the need to come back every single time someone tells you to stop what you are doing? I don't want you telling other members what they did was fucking stupid just because you don't like it and then say "I'm not trying to be mean." It's like you kicked them in the balls and said "I didn't mean to kick you in the balls." What you're doing is fucking stupid, and no one's telling you like that. This is a constant thing, we don't need site personalities assuming roles like they have to be there.
Why is it such a big deal? Watermarks are really stupid and seriously deteriorate the quality of any video. Not putting them in there is as good advice as any.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Why is it such a big deal? Watermarks are really stupid and seriously deteriorate the quality of any video. Not putting them in there is as good advice as any.
Seriously...do you have to respond to EVERYTHING? He tells you to stop and you fucking respond with more bs proving you didn't even read the OP response to why there are watermarks to begin with.

I suggest you stop now or the banhammer will find you.

LOL Scheisse

Seriously...do you have to respond to EVERYTHING? He tells you to stop and you fucking respond with more bs proving you didn't even read the OP response to why there are watermarks to begin with.

I suggest you stop now or the banhammer will find you.

LOL Scheisse
Except I already apologized to the OP for my mistake, but you keep on it like I'm out to get him or something.

Someone likes to get the last word...

Anyway, nice vids. I may capture some and do the same to get some help with my game.

I will also probably watermark it with a giant picture of my face. Just in case.

shiiiit, thanks scheisse! we'll try to get more friendlies uploaded soon, and hopefully there will be noticeable improvements ^^.

Someone likes to get the last word...

Anyway, nice vids. I may capture some and do the same to get some help with my game.

I will also probably watermark it with a giant picture of my face. Just in case.
loooooooooool!! and thanks! :)