What's new

Critique My Kenshi

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
Well the cat is already out of the bag, if you didn't already know, I'm maining Kenshi and have been for about 3 months now.

3 weeks ago I went to a local in Boston for MK which was my first offline experience with Kenshi. I'm going to Dallas and want to do well so I'm asking for your advice. Please keep in mind I got NO casuals with Kenshi, the set ups we had didn't have any DLC but as time went on I did better.

Things I noticed - I LOVE to use meter but this was because deftonesrc had trouble completing his combos for it was his first offline tournament ever.

"Why you know punish Skarlet?!?!" - Honestly, I have no idea, the block stun on her overhead/teleport is weird so I was having trouble. I decided to just SC the bitch after a while lol.

And, be nice.

http://testyourmight.com/media/dramatica-vs-cptxecution-guts-2012.574/

http://testyourmight.com/media/bodybag-dtonesrc-vs-cptxecution-guts-2012.573/

BTK HYENA

Fuck you; fight me.
Well the cat is already out of the bag, if you didn't already know, I'm maining Kenshi and have been for about 3 months now.

3 weeks ago I went to a local in Boston for MK which was my first offline experience with Kenshi. I'm going to Dallas and want to do well so I'm asking for your advice. Please keep in mind I got NO casuals with Kenshi, the set ups we had didn't have any DLC but as time went on I did better.

Things I noticed - I LOVE to use meter but this was because deftonesrc had trouble completing his combos for it was his first offline tournament ever.

"Why you know punish Skarlet?!?!" - Honestly, I have no idea, the block stun on her overhead/teleport is weird so I was having trouble. I decided to just SC the bitch after a while lol.

And, be nice.

http://testyourmight.com/media/dramatica-vs-cptxecution-guts-2012.574/

http://testyourmight.com/media/bodybag-dtonesrc-vs-cptxecution-guts-2012.573/

Hey! Welcome to the community. :) I'll watching these as soon as I'm not busy.

BTK HYENA

Fuck you; fight me.
1st Video:

1st Game:
-Opening with F2,2,BX isn't that grand of an idea. If you want to open up with a string, try F3, 2. The hitbox the F3 is so far in front of Kenshi's foot, which is a huge plus. I normally open with EX SC, to teach the opponent to respect the open of SC right from the get go.
-You used a teleflurry from jump distance, which is VERY risky. I'm glad it paid off for you. Keep in mind your opponent can duck that, and jump over it, allowing you for a full combo. Keep SC at the distance instead, and attempt to bait the jump for an RK.
-Just saw a whiffed regular SC. Not sure if it was because you attempted to use the EX, or if you are unfamiliar with the exact range.
-Sektor used an up missile too close, and you punished with a SC. Full combo punishable. F2, 2, B1 is the best answer for that.
-B2 will get beat out by Sektor if you are that close to him. That 6-frame punch is no joke. Haha. Use it sparingly, and as a footsies tool. I recommend using SC pressure with an F3, 2 mix up.
-Great job on your air trade!! :D
-Respect those wake ups.
-EX SC to counteract an up missile? Unusual, not recommended, but it looked neat.
-You finished off that first game with excellent patience and zoning. Great stuff. :D

2nd Game:

-I'm not going to lie, the four B2s that you did were soooo risky, but so badass. Looks like you got into the Sektor's head at this point.
-Good job with your spacing and patience that last round, especially with the back dash SC anti airs.
-After a blocked f3, 2, you can SC for additional push back.

I would say your biggest thing to work on is landing AAs other than spirit charge, and your up close pressure. You're doing great with Kenshi so far!

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
You're right, you do like using meter. In this case it paid off for you because your opponents were not respecting your meter. I don't think I've seen you use a breaker once, or if you did, it was very rare.

Just be a little conservative with it. There may come a time where you will have to break before losing a round.

GhosT - care to offer input?

BTK HYENA

Fuck you; fight me.
You're right, you do like using meter. In this case it paid off for you because your opponents were not respecting your meter. I don't think I've seen you use a breaker once, or if you did, it was very rare.

Just be a little conservative with it. There may come a time where you will have to break before losing a round.

GhosT - care to offer input?
Perhaps I'm wrong about this, but I was lead to believe Kenshi could just use his armor options in lieu of a breaker. This is how I've always used Kenshi's meter game.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Perhaps I'm wrong about this, but I was lead to believe Kenshi could just use his armor options in lieu of a breaker. This is how I've always used Kenshi's meter game.
Usually, yes. But there are times where you won't expect to get caught in a combo that could kill you, and then it does happen. It's rare, but it's possible.

As a Sonya player, even I don't rely on EX Cartwheel all the damn time, certainly not as a Wake-Up unless they aren't respecting it. There are some options you shouldn't neglect.

GhosT

Noob
I liked how you picked the combo up in the corner off the Reverse ex shoulder, thats good to do and as far as things to work on more. You do a lot of stuff right, one thing to try and get going is more reverse shoulders for crossovers , d1's and the use of d3 to lower the hitbox. You did use reverse shoulders but there were a few times you let him jump over you that you could possibly used the shoulder.

Its hard to judge gameplay from a clip that you did so well in, maybe hit practice mode with Kenshi Vs skarlet and get some repetition in on punishing teleport and blocked armor. I thought for the most part it was pretty good.

Right now im working on improving my d1 aa and utilizing the 2 21 21b2 string more for mixups. At the end of the day it seems to always come down to not doing that dumb shoulder at the wrong time and staying safe with kenshi.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
For the record things I have been working on......

-Working in EX-RK on cross ups (depending on situation and round
-Standing 2 anti-airs
-Preserving meter
-And actually, my offense

I had a really good online (yes) session with Peckapowa, Smarrgasm and MK Kobra the other night.