What's new

Critique my Kano

Practice your tick throws. Canceling D1, D3, D4, 11, and 24 into DBF2 is an incredibly effective technique that can condition an opponent to stop blocking your pokes, leading to 24 1+3 landing when they expect to be ticked, etc. They're super useful against cornered opponents.

You use a lot of YOLO Kano Balls and F3s, which are great moves that leave you extremely vulnerable on block. Your opponent failed to capitalize on many opportunities to punish you for them both. Also, be more aggressive against opponents in the corner. Kano damn near specializes in bodying trapped opponents.

Great start, though.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Wow never got the notification for this sorry dude!
  • Nice use of F3 that's pretty damn smart
  • Nice F/B U2 combo, that was sick
  • Too many raw yoloballs, if this player knew how to punish it would have hurt a lot
  • And to punish her overhead string, all you could really do is kano ball and maybe B3 if you were close enough
  • Use more command grabs in neutral and try to do more tick throws off of 11 or 24 if blocked
  • Just a general thing, try the wakeup rolls more, you could have punished her overhead string by rolling behind her
  • Also, go for F2 sometimes after D1
Pretty nice Kano tho!

OzzFoxx

Hardcore gaming poser.
When I play a Kano using that much airball, I bait with S1 into block, quick punish. Your opponent didnt ever punish you, so I imagine you did the right thing by repeating it. You are pretty defensive for playing Kano, usually they are YOLOing the entire match. Vs the competition you were up against tho, your choices were sound

When I play a Kano using that much airball, I bait with S1 into block, quick punish. Your opponent didnt ever punish you, so I imagine you did the right thing by repeating it. You are pretty defensive for playing Kano, usually they are YOLOing the entire match. Vs the competition you were up against tho, your choices were sound
If my opponent ain’t punishing, I’ll do it all day lmao.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Please critique my Kano, let me know if I should switch to Ratbag! Tips would be great!

Awesome Kano! You're really good with Ripper, but I like Ratbag better because you can now actually combo off of all his strings and don't have to rely on 241+3 for a pop-up because now you get Snakebite. I think that variation is better since you get a projectile that's a mid, has a KB, and again, a ton of strings you can convert good damage into for just one bar.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
Awesome Kano! You're really good with Ripper, but I like Ratbag better because you can now actually combo off of all his strings and don't have to rely on 241+3 for a pop-up because now you get Snakebite. I think that variation is better since you get a projectile that's a mid, has a KB, and again, a ton of strings you can convert good damage into for just one bar.
Are you concerned bout the overall damage in a match lost by losing access to more KB dmg? The cmd grab and f43 KB dmg gets erased with Ratbag, that's roughly 50% dmg in a match lost.
As time moves on playing this game, the arbitrary allocation of KB's to variations annoys me more and more.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Are you concerned bout the overall damage in a match lost by losing access to more KB dmg? The cmd grab and f43 KB dmg gets erased with Ratbag, that's roughly 50% dmg in a match lost.
As time moves on playing this game, the arbitrary allocation of KB's to variations annoys me more and more.
True, but those KBs are usually hard to get, while the optic blast is really easy and you still have B3 KB. That with all the strings you can now use in combos, I think Ratbag is probably his best variation competition-wise.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
Please critique my Kano, let me know if I should switch to Ratbag! Tips would be great!

haha, shiit im taking tips from you
those air to air corner conversions are sick
I been practicing tic throws in the lab A LOT and still hardly getting them in match. Feel like I always get mashed on when I throw out a 11 or D1 on block. You were destroyin those fools with those tics ,well done

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: PlayingNeutral
So i find it rare to actually get the f43 kb and the command grab one i have yet to get, thats why i was debating on switching to ratbag, i wouldn't mind to get a full combo on every hit idk. Can some of you post some ratbag so i can see what my options are? Thanks for the input all I love it!

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: PlayingNeutral
haha, shiit im taking tips from you
those air to air corner conversions are sick
I been practicing tic throws in the lab A LOT and still hardly getting them in match. Feel like I always get mashed on when I throw out a 11 or D1 on block. You were destroyin those fools with those tics ,well done
My tip to get those tic throws is to let them know you have a full sting before the first round ends. If you wana go for a tick throw you've gotta settle one poke into kanoball to make them wana block your pokes. Once you start ticking them then they won't know whether to block or not.

That will lead to hesitation and will allow you to raw command grab or actually get that 24 1+3. Ive been grinding the towers too i want all the kano skins I'll try to upload more matches soon; that was a koth from last night.

I basically mained Kano in MKX so figuring out the corner combos is actually my first step in learning rushdown characters :p.

Also after the patch...which i need to do more; after you let them know about f12b2[cause you gon learn today] start staggering it and if you just land f1 on block... d1 into lumbar or if you know they have good normals and that d1 hits immediately go into b1 to get away and convert into mb knives!!! F4 if you want after to.be a maniac.

Last edited:

xKMMx

Banned
Havent watched the video but my critique is its annoying AF to play against and salt and rage inducing to lose to..... because all losses to Kano make you question whether you should ever play fighting games again.

I wasn't even flaming. it was just a joke. this is like the only guy i talk to in the scorpion threads. sawft ass mods

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
I wasn't even flaming. it was just a joke. this is like the only guy i talk to in the scorpion threads. sawft ass mods
I ain't soft buddy. Making a useless post in a thread for a character you don't play with is called spamming.

If it was a joke, next time try this feature called tagging members of the site on your joke posts.

Next time, tag me and call me soft to my face :)

I ain't soft buddy. Making a useless post in a thread for a character you don't play with is called spamming.

If it was a joke, next time try this feature called tagging members of the site on your joke posts.

Next time, tag me and call me soft to my face :)
well then it really wouldn't be to your face now would it

CO-KANO

psn: UNFUCxWITABLE_1
So i find it rare to actually get the f43 kb and the command grab one i have yet to get, thats why i was debating on switching to ratbag, i wouldn't mind to get a full combo on every hit idk. Can some of you post some ratbag so i can see what my options are? Thanks for the input all I love it!
I hit the lumbar Kb pretty often, just be one with Kano, go with the flow and randomly throw a lumbar check on wake up and you’ll either get blown up or hit a sweet 220% KB..the risk far outweighs the outcome but seeing the KB is satisfying