What's new

Critique my Kano

Practice your tick throws. Canceling D1, D3, D4, 11, and 24 into DBF2 is an incredibly effective technique that can condition an opponent to stop blocking your pokes, leading to 24 1+3 landing when they expect to be ticked, etc. They're super useful against cornered opponents.

You use a lot of YOLO Kano Balls and F3s, which are great moves that leave you extremely vulnerable on block. Your opponent failed to capitalize on many opportunities to punish you for them both. Also, be more aggressive against opponents in the corner. Kano damn near specializes in bodying trapped opponents.

Great start, though.

Vslayer

I'm a gril
Premium Supporter
Wow never got the notification for this sorry dude!
  • Nice use of F3 that's pretty damn smart
  • Nice F/B U2 combo, that was sick
  • Too many raw yoloballs, if this player knew how to punish it would have hurt a lot
  • And to punish her overhead string, all you could really do is kano ball and maybe B3 if you were close enough
  • Use more command grabs in neutral and try to do more tick throws off of 11 or 24 if blocked
  • Just a general thing, try the wakeup rolls more, you could have punished her overhead string by rolling behind her
  • Also, go for F2 sometimes after D1
Pretty nice Kano tho!

OzzFoxx

Hardcore gaming poser.
Premium Supporter
When I play a Kano using that much airball, I bait with S1 into block, quick punish. Your opponent didnt ever punish you, so I imagine you did the right thing by repeating it. You are pretty defensive for playing Kano, usually they are YOLOing the entire match. Vs the competition you were up against tho, your choices were sound

OutworldKeith

Premium
Premium Supporter
When I play a Kano using that much airball, I bait with S1 into block, quick punish. Your opponent didnt ever punish you, so I imagine you did the right thing by repeating it. You are pretty defensive for playing Kano, usually they are YOLOing the entire match. Vs the competition you were up against tho, your choices were sound
If my opponent ain’t punishing, I’ll do it all day lmao.